Carolina will be a REAL challenge

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTS. Show BostonTS's posts

Re: Carolina will be a REAL challenge

"It will be a real challenge for the doom and gloomers to find fault with this team after we smoke Carolina."

I hope you're not another one of those on the most hopeless mission of all time: to get people on a message board to stop complaining.

LOL at that. 

What I am doing is assessing the Pats chances to win another championship. That is how they evaluate their game play. 

so yeah, if we "smoke" the Panthers that will be encouraging. But I will settle for a close hard fought win that shows signs particularly of defensive solidifying after our last round of injuries. 

but I am actually even ok with a loss in this game IF we then go and beat Denver. 

I consider Carolina to be a pretty good test only because of their win streak. Let's see. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The 49'ers were averaging 35 points a game in their last 5 games and the Panthers held them to 9.  The 49'ers were averaging 358 yards per game in the last 5 games and the Panthers held them to a total of 150.  Wow!  Yes, this will be a very tough game for the Pats.

But don't worry, Rusty has himself covered, as usual.  If the Pats lose Rusty will blame it on Brady, the shotgun or too heavy of a passing attack.  It won't be because the Panthers D is pretty darn good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

The 49'ers were averaging 35 points a game in their last 5 games and the Panthers held them to 9.  The 49'ers were averaging 358 yards per game in the last 5 games and the Panthers held them to a total of 150.  Wow!  Yes, this will be a very tough game for the Pats.

But don't worry, Rusty has himself covered, as usual.  If the Pats lose Rusty will blame it on Brady, the shotgun or too heavy of a passing attack.  It won't be because the Panthers D is pretty darn good.

EXACTLY, TFB!  Hardly much credit is given to the other team when the Pats lose.  Teams lose even when playing well.  Yes, they may have not executed as well as we would have liked, but, the other team has a say in that performance, too.  Brady could be sacked 5 times, intercepted twice, throw 3 TD passes, have less than a 50% completion rate and the Pats win a squeeker 24 - 21.  The focus will be on the poor performance of Brady, lack of maintaining a running game all for not making the win a run-away.  The pattern has been set.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Carolina is almost the same as KC on D

But has fewer weapons on O than KC

Pats have faced a lot of very good Front 7's this year.

Looking at schedules - Nobody including Pats have too many wins off of the Top teams-

there are only about 8 other teams that are SB contenders

SF, Seat, Car, KC, Denver, Det, Cin and NO-

Each team has its issues - I think Car & KC is just as real as anyp of them

5. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts