Carolina Win- Low Scoring Game 10-9

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Carolina Win- Low Scoring Game 10-9

Did anyone watch that game?  Seems like a tough D win in SF.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Re: Carolina Win- Low Scoring Game 10-9

Like I said in another thread, the defense of the Panthers is aggressive and good, the O-line of the Pats better show up next week.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

they have a top 3 defense, and a great DL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

yeah.  Their defense is the real deal.  I'm glad they won.  I would always like to face a team coming off of a big win than a tough loss.  I thought that SF put out a good blueprint of how to stop their running attack.  Hope our D can do as well next week

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

It'll be tough test that will show if the offensive explosion against the Steelers was an aberration or a sign of real growth.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Like I said in another thread, the defense of the Panthers is aggressive and good, the O-line of the Pats better show up next week.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, sorry missed your post.  I haven't seen Carolina in action all season and realy wanted to see them today.  OL protection should be a force field- TB can't get injured. Just watched PM go down and hobble around.  Broncos pulled out win against a fired up  Charger team. Darn. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

darwk

I was just making a comment while the game was in progress and the Panthers were chasing Kaepernick all over the field and making 6 sacks. Brady is nowhere as mobile, and if the O-line of the Pats breaks down, it will be a sack on Brady or heaven forbids risk of injury.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

I didn't see the game but just saw the stats. Caolina D had 8 sacks and held San Fran to 157 yards total offense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I went back and forth with this game and the Panthers D looks very good.  Blitzed a lot, lots of QB pressure, good coverage by the DB.  Pats Oline will have to be prepared, not sure the run game will be very effective.  Will need a lot of short, quick slants and screens next week.  TFB isn't going to have much time to pass.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

[QUOTE]

darwk

I was just making a comment while the game was in progress and the Panthers were chasing Kaepernick all over the field and making 6 sacks. Brady is nowhere as mobile, and if the O-line of the Pats breaks down, it will be a sack on Brady or heaven forbids risk of injury.

[/QUOTE]

O-Line needs to eat, breathe, and sleep on the game film. And then translate it into game protection execution for TB.  Gut check time and then some.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I went back and forth with this game and the Panthers D looks very good.  Blitzed a lot, lots of QB pressure, good coverage by the DB.  Pats Oline will have to be prepared, not sure the run game will be very effective.  Will need a lot of short, quick slants and screens next week.  TFB isn't going to have much time to pass.

[/QUOTE]

McD get ready!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Let's hope the Panthers will play like they played the Bills and Arizona.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Let's hope the Panthers will play like they played the Bills and Arizona.

[/QUOTE]

Teams tend to play to the level of their opponent so I assume the Panthers will be playing at a very high level next week.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

To me, they're the Bengals of the NFC: talent up and down the roster, shaky coaching, decent leadership, but ultimately, lack consistency. I'd rather see them come off a big win on the west coast, fly back across the country, and sit back a bit while we studied them for two weeks.

I am also anxious to see the game because our line usually struggles against defenses like this. I think Vereen coming back will be a huge boost.

I am also curious to see the game plan. Carolina's secondary is decent at best so there's room for quick throws.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Teams tend to play to the level of their opponent so I assume the Panthers will be playing at a very high level next week.

[/QUOTE]
    let's hope the Pats will have that same attitude for next week's game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to apdynasty23's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To me, they're the Bengals of the NFC: talent up and down the roster, shaky coaching, decent leadership, but ultimately, lack consistency. I'd rather see them come off a big win on the west coast, fly back across the country, and sit back a bit while we studied them for two weeks.

I am also anxious to see the game because our line usually struggles against defenses like this. I think Vereen coming back will be a huge boost.

I am also curious to see the game plan. Carolina's secondary is decent at best so there's room for quick throws.

[/QUOTE]

Agree whole heartedly with the offensive lines struggles against this type of defense. This has been a weakness for the last few years especially in the playoffs.

It'll be interesting to see the offensive game plan and maybe the Pats can use a young defenses aggressiveness against them in what should be a big stage for a young Carolina team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000279711/article/carolina-panthers-one-of-nfls-best-after-beating-49ers

And two concussion SF victims. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Joy reigns at the University of Beating Vegas like a Drum, with Houston losing to Arizona by, how opportune for this to arrive a week after the appropriate research, by 3 points when the Vegas line said 2 points.  Here comes the UBVD band marching down University Blvd. in their BVDs!  They’re pounding out the school fight song, “Wipeout,” by the Surfaris. 

My Game of the Week season record inches a bit higher to a lofty 8-1, a perch that looks down upon the New England Patriots with their lowly 7-2 record. 

Denver has dropped out of its #1 rank this week.  Leaving mediocre San Diego within one score of tying the game isn’t confidence-building.  On the other hand, Carolina played a super-tough away game against San Francisco, and this after the Niners’ bye week. 

Here are my Sunday flash ratings, not including the Sunday night game.  New England is about to play #1 and #2.  Please remember that New England’s recent habit of picking up players such as Gronk, Amendola, Soap and Talib isn’t reflected in these raw numbers.  Nor is an expected boost from the bye week.

1          car            14.5

2          den            14.1

3          sea            13.9

4          sf            12.3

5          dal            11.2

6          kc            11.1

7          gb            10.9

8          no            10.4

9          det            9.4

10        cin            9.3

11        ne            9.0

12        oak            8.6

13        ind            8.2

14        sd            8.2

15        stl            8.1

16        az            7.8

17        hou            7.3

18        cle            7.3

19        chi            7.2

20        bal            7.2

21        ten            6.9

22        phi            6.5

23        mia            5.9

24        nyg            5.9

25        pit            5.6

26        was            5.1

27        min            4.9

28        nyj            4.9

29        buf            4.8

30        atl            4.5

31        tb            4.1

32        jac            0.8

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to darwk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000279711/article/carolina-panthers-one-of-nfls-best-after-beating-49ers

[/QUOTE]

This is what stood out and scary in the article you linked to:

"And Carolina's defensive line was superior with six sacks and seven QB hits on just 28 drop backs for San Francisco."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How can that be?  When I suggested they were good rusty laughed and said they sucked and the Pats D was the BEST.  Media bias

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is what stood out and scary in the article you linked to:

"And Carolina's defensive line was superior with six sacks and seven QB hits on just 28 drop backs for San Francisco."

[/QUOTE]

Yep. Scary good.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to m. a. pat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to apdynasty23's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree whole heartedly with the offensive lines struggles against this type of defense. This has been a weakness for the last few years especially in the playoffs.

It'll be interesting to see the offensive game plan and maybe the Pats can use a young defenses aggressiveness against them in what should be a big stage for a young Carolina team.

[/QUOTE]

You got it. The PAtriots have to simultanoeusly establish the long pass to Gronk or Dobson and the running game as a threat in order keep this defense honest. Not even sure screens won't get smothered until this happens.

Force a defense to cover everything and it cannot cover anything.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Joy reigns at the University of Beating Vegas like a Drum, with Houston losing to Arizona by, how opportune for this to arrive a week after the appropriate research, by 3 points when the Vegas line said 2 points.  Here comes the UBVD band marching down University Blvd. in their BVDs!  They’re pounding out the school fight song, “Wipeout,” by the Surfaris. 

My Game of the Week season record inches a bit higher to a lofty 8-1, a perch that looks down upon the New England Patriots with their lowly 7-2 record. 

Denver has dropped out of its #1 rank this week.  Leaving mediocre San Diego within one score of tying the game isn’t confidence-building.  On the other hand, Carolina played a super-tough away game against San Francisco, and this after the Niners’ bye week. 

Here are my Sunday flash ratings, not including the Sunday night game.  New England is about to play #1 and #2.  Please remember that New England’s recent habit of picking up players such as Gronk, Amendola, Soap and Talib isn’t reflected in these raw numbers.  Nor is an expected boost from the bye week.

1          car            14.5

2          den            14.1

3          sea            13.9

4          sf            12.3

5          dal            11.2

6          kc            11.1

7          gb            10.9

8          no            10.4

9          det            9.4

10        cin            9.3

11        ne            9.0

12        oak            8.6

13        ind            8.2

14        sd            8.2

15        stl            8.1

16        az            7.8

17        hou            7.3

18        cle            7.3

19        chi            7.2

20        bal            7.2

21        ten            6.9

22        phi            6.5

23        mia            5.9

24        nyg            5.9

25        pit            5.6

26        was            5.1

27        min            4.9

28        nyj            4.9

29        buf            4.8

30        atl            4.5

31        tb            4.1

32        jac            0.8

[/QUOTE]

Panthers earned that spot.  Tough football ahead for the Pats. Tis the season!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The Colts were also dubbed one of the NFL's best after their win in SF.

The Panthers are good. They will be a worthy opponent. As were the Sants.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Panthers aren't a team to take lightly anymore from everything I've been reading (though I confess I haven't seen them play much this year--just some highlights).

Sections
Shortcuts