Carolina Win- Low Scoring Game 10-9

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Re: Carolina Win- Low Scoring Game 10-9

In response to darwk's comment:

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Joy reigns at the University of Beating Vegas like a Drum, with Houston losing to Arizona by, how opportune for this to arrive a week after the appropriate research, by 3 points when the Vegas line said 2 points.  Here comes the UBVD band marching down University Blvd. in their BVDs!  They’re pounding out the school fight song, “Wipeout,” by the Surfaris. 

My Game of the Week season record inches a bit higher to a lofty 8-1, a perch that looks down upon the New England Patriots with their lowly 7-2 record. 

Denver has dropped out of its #1 rank this week.  Leaving mediocre San Diego within one score of tying the game isn’t confidence-building.  On the other hand, Carolina played a super-tough away game against San Francisco, and this after the Niners’ bye week. 

Here are my Sunday flash ratings, not including the Sunday night game.  New England is about to play #1 and #2.  Please remember that New England’s recent habit of picking up players such as Gronk, Amendola, Soap and Talib isn’t reflected in these raw numbers.  Nor is an expected boost from the bye week.

1          car            14.5

2          den            14.1

3          sea            13.9

4          sf            12.3

5          dal            11.2

6          kc            11.1

7          gb            10.9

8          no            10.4

9          det            9.4

10        cin            9.3

11        ne            9.0

12        oak            8.6

13        ind            8.2

14        sd            8.2

15        stl            8.1

16        az            7.8

17        hou            7.3

18        cle            7.3

19        chi            7.2

20        bal            7.2

21        ten            6.9

22        phi            6.5

23        mia            5.9

24        nyg            5.9

25        pit            5.6

26        was            5.1

27        min            4.9

28        nyj            4.9

29        buf            4.8

30        atl            4.5

31        tb            4.1

32        jac            0.8

Panthers earned that spot.  Tough football ahead for the Pats. Tis the season!

its going to be a very tough game . playing in carolina against a motivated team on monday night. the panthers defense is as good as any right now. with denver the following week this is the toughest two game stretch of the season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In response to darwk's comment:

Did anyone watch that game?  Seems like a tough D win in SF.

Their d is very very good. Will be a tough game. Although usually when BB has 2 weeks to prepare for a side he comes up with something. Also teams going to west coast often suffer a let down the week after.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Panthers will be a tough game.  Unless McDaniels comes up with a brilliant gameplan, and the O-line teps it up, TB12 will spend a lot of time looking at the Carolina blue sky.  This one's looking like an L right now, even with a bye!  Time for NEP to show it can win against a physical defense from a team with a winning record.

Red Sox 2013 World Series Champs.  Patriots 2014 Super Bowl Champs???!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Kapernick is not Brady.  Seeing the game, he did hold onto the ball a lot.  With that said, Carolina's D will definitely test the Pats O and its ability to get off plays.  IMHO, that is the difference in these two games, SF does not have the O the Pats do at this stage of the season.

Also, outside of SF, the Panthers have played teams that haven't exactly been lighting up the league in Minn, StL, Tampa and ATL in this 5 game winning streak.  Playing at home also helps them a lot.  It will be a huge playoff atmosphere down there and LOUD!!!  Would love to see the Pats silence that crowd in their very first possession!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The best I can say is that Carolina really needed that game against an NFC playoff rival.  They saved up what energy they had, they flew out 3000 miles or so, they played hard to the final minute and got on the long overnight flight home.  zzz.  It's hard to have that same energy for two games in a row.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

On vacation in SF as I type.  Spoke with several '9er fans who were at the game.  Very tough, hard hitting game which could have gone either way.  More than a couple of critical comments about Kapernick.  Not surprisingly more critical of '9ers O than appreciation for Panthers D.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Tough game. And it looks as though nearly every team has learned who to beat Kapernick on the read option.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

THe gimmick base that Kelly in Philly is trying to run,

What is "gimmicky" about the offense in Philly?  Nick Foles isn't exactly running around like Tecmo Bowl out there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

All I know is I'm going to be at the game!! Driving up from Atlanta with my wife. 50-yard line so I'll try to observe as much as I can.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

It's a wrinkle, not a base. They should have never have traded Smith. They should have dangled Kaepernick and gotten a 1st rd pick in return and moved on with Smith, the latter the more consistent QB to win with.

What exactly makes you think SF would be better off with Smith?  Is it that juggernaut offense in KC?  Their stats are nearly identical and Kap can actually push the ball down the field with his arm from the pocket something Smith could never do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

SF is a mess.  Carolina will have a wake up call this weekend.  Patriots by 21.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

tcal2 - don't know about a 21 point Pats' win, but, the Panthers will definitely have to step up their D against Brady and the Pats O versus the 49'ers.  Again, like I said in my earlier post, Carolina has not exactly played any offenses which can put points on the board.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Our D is as good as theirs with Talib out there.  A stated, they have trouble scoring and their offense is inconsistent.

BB will have the gameplan to isolate their offense and their eyes will be too big for their home SB next week.

Film out on Kaepernick, as predicted.

You must not watch the Panthers games.  The Panthers defense will stop our run.  They will put a lot of pressure on Brady, the O line is going to have to be on top of their game.  Panthers defense is better then our defense.  Lucky for us we have Tom Brady at QB and they don't.  Need big games from Gronk and the receivers and hopefully Vereen will be back.  He will be a key weapon in this game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I think that is ridiculous to say Smith couldn't push the ball down the field.  What is your evidence of this.  Because he's not throwing pretty bombs to Moss?

No because he never throws the ball down field.  Every year he is towards the bottom of the NFL in pass attempts that travel 20+ yards in the air.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

For the record,, Kaepernick has 9 TDs and 6 INTs so far this year with a 56% compl rate.

Barring a major improvement, he'll have shown a regression. The reason for that is he's being taken out of his read option comfort zone because there is so much film on him now.

It's not like Smith's stats are noticeably better and the SF offense has scored more points and gained more yards than KC.  You are holding Kap to a much higher standard than Smith because you don't like him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I think that is ridiculous to say Smith couldn't push the ball down the field.  What is your evidence of this.  Because he's not throwing pretty bombs to Moss?

No because he never throws the ball down field.  Every year he is towards the bottom of the NFL in pass attempts that travel 20+ yards in the air.

Alex Smith is the Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson of this generation.  Problem is the Chiefs won't be going to the SB.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

So what?  People say the same thing about Brady. The idea is to move the sticks, eat clock, don't turn it over and preferably get 7 points vs 3.

No one should care about such metrics especially if you don't have a Randy Moss type WR at the flanker position.

Do you think Montana cared about his 20 yard+ pass plays back in the day?

Thank you, fantasy sports for creating a world where fans worship and glorify stats. Alex Smith may not look too special but the guy wins games. I thought that was the point no?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

So what?  People say the same thing about Brady. The idea is to move the sticks, eat clock, don't turn it over and preferably get 7 points vs 3.

No one should care about such metrics especially if you don't have a Randy Moss type WR at the flanker position.

Do you think Montana cared about his 20 yard+ pass plays back in the day?

First of all while guys like Brady don't throw it down the field as often as some other guys the point is that he can and that defenses have to respect it.  Plus while Brady doesn't throw deep that much he still throws deep WAY more than Smith.  Nobody respects Smith's ability to throw it down field which is why KC's offense has such a low ceiling.  Unless you have a dominant rushing attack and literally flawless execution in the short passing game it will be hard to move the ball consistently.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

You're right.  Other than the don't turn it over part Smith fails badly at this standard.  KC's offense doesn't gain yards and doesn't score.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

How on earth can they be 9-0 then? 

Maybe the creampuff schedule, dominant defense and 7 non offensive TDs had something to do with it?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

If I am a Chiefs fan, I HOPE no one respects my QBs deep ball or playaction, so when I see it come out of nowhere at the perfect time, it's by design within a gameplan.

This is gibberish.  Aren't you the one going on about how the defense needs to respect the Patriots' rushing attack?  Respecting something doesn't make it predictable.  I have no idea why you are equating the two.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

2007 has destroyed some of our own fans' abilities to realize what makes a good QB. It's not gimmicks or stats, pcmIV.

So throwing deep is a gimmick now?  What's next?  Anything that isn't I-Formation up the middle is a gimmick?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Smith plays mistake free QBing he does not throw INTs and Reid has him make the throws he is capable of making. Run the play action off of Charles. It seems simplistic but 9-0 is hard to argue with. Schedule has been fairly easy. Very Good D; I want to see how they handle the Broncos. As stated on another post I don't think Smith wins a shoot-out with Manning or Brady or Brees or whoever. The KC D can keep the score low enough where the offense only needs 20 points or so to win.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to apdynasty23's comment:

All I know is I'm going to be at the game!! Driving up from Atlanta with my wife. 50-yard line so I'll try to observe as much as I can.

Nice! 50 yd line seats not to shabby. Look forward to your game report(s). Will you be wearing your Pats gear?  Can you cheer loud and proud for the visiting team?  Dunno how Panthers fans are with the opposition fans.

Sections
Shortcuts