Carolina's Steve Smith Suffers Broken Arm

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Carolina's Steve Smith Suffers Broken Arm

More bad news for the Carolina Panthers. Recently, the Panthers lost starting LB Thomas Davis for the season with a knee injury. Now, they've lost star WR Steve Smith for an undisclosed length of time, due to him suffering a broken arm.

This injury occurred during a game of flag football. It will be interesting to see if the Panthers attempt to recover some money via a claim based on breach of contract...or even void out Smith's contract, depending on the severity of his injury: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/21/steve-smith-breaks-arm-again-tried-to-keep-it-quiet/

This news is relevant to Patriots' fans...as the Pats own Carolina's 2nd round pick in the upcoming draft. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Carolina's Steve Smith Suffers Broken Arm

5 weeks until preseason and 9 until regular season. I'll try and put the whammy on him as best I can but unless the Bone was sticking through the skin I think he may be back. I will say this though-- if this is broken in the same spot as last year it could be bad news for him down the road.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Even with Smith healthy the Panthers are going to have a rough go of it.  That team had a fire sale this off season.  Tampa started their rebuild last year so I suspect it will be a last place finish for the Panthers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Hmmmmmm....PED users, as they age, have a hard time staying heathly. Ripped muscles and broken bones a common problem.

At least the second or third time he has broken his arm.

Add in roid rage as he has punched out several team mates.

Just sayin'

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Carolina's Steve Smith Suffers Broken Arm:
    Hmmmmmm....PED users, as they age, have a hard time staying heathly. Ripped muscles and broken bones a common problem. At least the second or third time he has broken his arm. Add in roid rage as he has punched out several team mates. Just sayin'
    Posted by 183CLV

Broken limbs from a contact sport like football where Steve Smith is a Welker-sized WR playing against CBs and S and is usually forced the ball in his offense makes him a PED abuser? And Steve Smith has always had a temper, so what? You shouldn't make accusation without proof. There's a word for that, it's called libel and Steve could sue you for your life. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

With or without Steve Smith, I still think the carolina Panthers will be drafting in the top ten next year. Its good for us, hopefully that pick turns out to be a top 42 pick.

I wish Steve Smith a quick recovery though, he is a beast and fun to watch.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I can't root for injuries.  Besides, who's going to throw him the ball even if he is healhty?  A rookie?  Matt Moore, who gifted Burgess a sack by leaving a well-protected pocket?

I think the pick will still be a top-10-in-the-second-round pick (33-43, 48th the lowest).  I just don't see that team reaching 8-8.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

I can't root for injuries.  Besides, who's going to throw him the ball even if he is healhty?  A rookie?  Matt Moore, who gifted Burgess a sack by leaving a well-protected pocket? I think the pick will still be a top-10-in-the-second-round pick (33-43, 48th the lowest).  I just don't see that team reaching 8-8.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

No one here is "rooting"  for injuries...just reporting them. They are newsworthy because the Pats own Carolina's 2nd round pick in 2011, and because Steve Smith is one of the better WRs in the game.

His broken arm should normally take 6 weeks to heal. But, because he's broken the same arm before, there's concern that he might miss part of the  season: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/06/21/1515581/panthers-star-steve-smith-suffers.html   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Lets hope he does not come back strong from that and we get a better pick out of it.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

It is in bad taste to wish anyone ill so your team may gain. I hope Smith gets back. The Pats will do ok with or without a higher or lower pick. BB just trades them like baseball cards anyway!