Carolina's view on LaFell

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Carolina's view on LaFell

I guess Panther fans are mad about LaFell saying Cam wasnt HOF QB yet and started calling him stone hands. Charlotte Observer wrote an article.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/03/19/4778333/brandon-lafell-off-twitter-for.html#.UysUDpWPKM9

“I had a chance to play with a Hall of Fame quarterback (in New England’s Tom Brady),” LaFell told reporters, according to ESPN.com. “One day Cam will be there probably but he’s not there now.

“I feel like it was a better chance to come up here and get more balls and win than it was in Carolina. Nothing against those guys. It’s a great organization and those guys are going to win, but it’s proven up here, man. We were winning last year in Carolina. These guys were winning up here the last 10-plus years. So why not come to a winning organization?” 

Many Panthers fans took LaFell’s comments as a slight toward Newton and the organization, and they were quick to point out LaFell struggled with drops throughout his four-year career in Carolina.

“U right Cam didn’t make me drop balls nor did I say he did.” LaFell posted on his Twitter account. “So please continue on with your day thank you.”

Minutes later, he told his 25,000-plus followers that he would be taking a month-long break from Twitter.

Everyone in Carolina is just sour because they have NO WRs left... 

-Then a fan's comment stuck with me:

• It amazes me at how ignorant some of the fans of this team are. No one actually looks at the facts. Before this past season LaFell had a lower drop rate than Steve. This was the first year in his career that he had a drop rate of over 6.8%. He was the only wide receiver we have drafted who stayed healthy and improved with each year. Each year he played with us his catches, yards and touchdowns all improved from the year before. It's comical that the Observer attempts to state a fact based off of twitter opinions. Not only do we lose a decent possession receiver, but we are losing a great run blocker as well. Watch game film some time and look how many times LaFell seals off the edge on a run play or actually blocks upfield for Cam on a scramble play. LaFell stated a fact in his interview. He was given an opportunity, and a nice... contract to boot, to play in a pass oriented system with a proven HOF quarterback in Tom Brady. I would hope real fans of the Panthers would remember some of the biggest plays LaFell made for us: 4th and 14 against Minnesota, his circus catch touchdown and toe tapping 3rd and 23 catch against Green Bay, his 91 yard touchdown against Tampa where he somehow caught it over a defender draped all over him, his bone jarring first down catch in double coverage against the Jets, his first touchdown as a Panther against the Rams from Matt Moore, his end around against Atlanta just a few weeks after that. Brandon was a strong player who was drafted to be a possession receiver and expected to be Calvin Johnson. He did his job and he did it well. I wish him the best of luck and he will be sorely missed in Charlotte.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Carolina's view on LaFell

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I guess Panther fans are mad about LaFell saying Cam wasnt HOF QB yet and started calling him stone hands. Charlotte Observer wrote an article.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/03/19/4778333/brandon-lafell-off-twitter-for.html#.UysUDpWPKM9

“I had a chance to play with a Hall of Fame quarterback (in New England’s Tom Brady),” LaFell told reporters, according to ESPN.com. “One day Cam will be there probably but he’s not there now.

“I feel like it was a better chance to come up here and get more balls and win than it was in Carolina. Nothing against those guys. It’s a great organization and those guys are going to win, but it’s proven up here, man. We were winning last year in Carolina. These guys were winning up here the last 10-plus years. So why not come to a winning organization?” 

Many Panthers fans took LaFell’s comments as a slight toward Newton and the organization, and they were quick to point out LaFell struggled with drops throughout his four-year career in Carolina.

“U right Cam didn’t make me drop balls nor did I say he did.” LaFell posted on his Twitter account. “So please continue on with your day thank you.”

Minutes later, he told his 25,000-plus followers that he would be taking a month-long break from Twitter.

Everyone in Carolina is just sour because they have NO WRs left... 

-Then a fan's comment stuck with me:

• It amazes me at how ignorant some of the fans of this team are. No one actually looks at the facts. Before this past season LaFell had a lower drop rate than Steve. This was the first year in his career that he had a drop rate of over 6.8%. He was the only wide receiver we have drafted who stayed healthy and improved with each year. Each year he played with us his catches, yards and touchdowns all improved from the year before. It's comical that the Observer attempts to state a fact based off of twitter opinions. Not only do we lose a decent possession receiver, but we are losing a great run blocker as well. Watch game film some time and look how many times LaFell seals off the edge on a run play or actually blocks upfield for Cam on a scramble play. LaFell stated a fact in his interview. He was given an opportunity, and a nice... contract to boot, to play in a pass oriented system with a proven HOF quarterback in Tom Brady. I would hope real fans of the Panthers would remember some of the biggest plays LaFell made for us: 4th and 14 against Minnesota, his circus catch touchdown and toe tapping 3rd and 23 catch against Green Bay, his 91 yard touchdown against Tampa where he somehow caught it over a defender draped all over him, his bone jarring first down catch in double coverage against the Jets, his first touchdown as a Panther against the Rams from Matt Moore, his end around against Atlanta just a few weeks after that. Brandon was a strong player who was drafted to be a possession receiver and expected to be Calvin Johnson. He did his job and he did it well. I wish him the best of luck and he will be sorely missed in Charlotte.

[/QUOTE]

The bold is literally what I just texted my brother 5 minutes ago.  The silver lining... It's not our 11mil remember, so soley from a fans standpoint this is this PRO of this signing. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Look...these fans are complete and utter untermenschen, clods, hicks, zero's....they root for a team that has managed to get rid of EVERY receiver from a team that made the playoffs for the first time in ten years.....what do they know about anything...maybe they should go nuts on the team's management, not the guys who left...and Lafell was right...Newton is not a HOF QB, and never will be, probably...what talented WR wanting to win a SB would chose Newton over TB?...BINGO!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Great Stuff. Thx for sharing. I am not concerned with drops. He sounds like he wants to be involved more and coming to a passing team from a running team fits the bill and also he can work with a QB who can make him better. Tom has done it with MUCH less talented WRs like Reche Caldwell who some forget went from a 3rd option to a # 1 WR with us. Jabbar Gaffney also flourished here as well as Wes, Fauria, Patten, Branch,etc

All these guys did less in other systems with other Qbs. Im excited because we havent had a nice, young,  experienced Vet WR w/size in here for a while and I think he has a chance to surpass the rooks on the depth chart and I also believe he plays outside, not inside. By next year he could be our # 1 WR, although as we know, Gronk and Jules will still see majority of passes. My point is the defense will have to pay attention to him outside as he has broke off many long plays in his career. Dobson, even though he showed flashes, doesnt have the body yet. He is a thinner type closer to Todd Pinkston than T.O. Lafell is somewhere in the middle and FIGHTS for balls and thats the knock on Dobson.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [/QUOTE]

The bold is literally what I just texted my brother 5 minutes ago.  The silver lining... It's not our 11mil remember, so soley from a fans standpoint this is this PRO of this signing. 

[/QUOTE]

9 mil actually.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

I just read the fans are mad because they thought he was trashing on Cam Newton, he was telling the truth. He said he has a HOF QB now and Cam might get there at some point, and the fans took it the wrong way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I wouldn't be too critical of Carolina fans.  We Pats fans (and I count myself among those to which I'm referring) have been known to be a skosh harsh on former Pats players who make comments that aren't 100% glowing regarding our favoritte football team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wouldn't be too critical of Carolina fans.  We Pats fans (and I count myself among those to which I'm referring) have been known to be a skosh harsh on former Pats players who make comments that aren't 100% glowing regarding our favoritte football team.

[/QUOTE]

no way!

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/glad-welker-talib-and-spikes-are-gone/100/7074799

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

kettle meet pot. seriously, we are worse here. Look at Wes leaving and Revis coming. Cant get more hyprocritical than that. Thats why I dont bash players just for wearing different laundry because you never know when BB will sign them and then you look dumb prasing the move....ahem, Rusty.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Why should their fans be any different than ours?  Hell if anything they warrant even greater acts of frustration and anger.  When we get someone ele's trash we talk them up to soon be Probowlers.  When we lose a great solild player, we talk them down as if that one drop/fumble/miscue they had in such and such game was their defining moment and all they were capable of.  It's human nature and psychology 101.  Of course Panther fans are upset and I tip my hat to LaFell for rising above it and going on a Twitter sabatical. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

The thing is agill..they wouldn't be mad unless he had value to the team. There just upset they lost a good player it's understandable I fully to expect LeFell to have a great year with us this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Hell hath frozen over. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

You guys sure Rusty did not write that? 

I'm kidding. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hell hath frozen over. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone on this board has ever asserted that our effluvium was not odiferous.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

the Carolina fans hate the Patriots because of the Super Bowl loss-do you blame them. I hate the giants 2 x 2.   Like us with our players going to teams we hate, they feel the same way.  now losing a receiver to the Patriots  ---- hurts.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

9 mil actually.

[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hell hath frozen over. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone on this board has ever asserted that our effluvium was not odiferous.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but UD likes it...just look at that "thing" under his nose....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why should their fans be any different than ours?  Hell if anything they warrant even greater acts of frustration and anger.  When we get someone ele's trash we talk them up to soon be Probowlers.  When we lose a great solild player, we talk them down as if that one drop/fumble/miscue they had in such and such game was their defining moment and all they were capable of.  It's human nature and psychology 101.  Of course Panther fans are upset and I tip my hat to LaFell for rising above it and going on a Twitter sabatical. 

[/QUOTE]
    Remember guys Carolina fans are still figuring out how to have a winning team. They're not used to have stuff to be upset about. I live in NC and all the Panther fans are freaking out because they want to build on last seasons success.

As Pats fans we get pretty worked up about our team too. Go Pats!  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Revis will be in Canton though Rusty. People call him a once in a generation player..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He hasn't earned that right yet. Not even close.  He has a chance, but he'll need a ring to secure it and he knows that.

If people are questioning Law, Revis is in no way some slam dunk to go into Canton right now. That's completely outrageous.

He missed half of 2011, most of 2012 and was pretty good last year.  He peaked in 2009/2010, was 4 and 5 years ago. Two great years, no rings, being selfish, etc, is not a HOF worthy player.

Like I said, he has a lot to prove here.

[/QUOTE]

People think he's earned it.. but yes to become the part of the discussion for best all time he needs to step up and re-produce 2009-2011 all over again and he could have GOAT CB discussions

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Cam Newton is a great runner.  He might not be the most accurate passer on short routes.  If LaFell is having to grab shoetop catches, high overhead catches and catches in back of him, that might increase his drop rate.  Tom Brady is famous for pinpoint accuracy on short slants, crosses and screens, three of LaFell's favorite routes.

BB is partly looking for a run-blocking receiver, someone who softens up the defensive backfield no matter who gets the ball.  LaFell fits that bill at 210 pounds, and he has decent arm length (levers) at 32 3/4" to sustain run blocks.  Length also helps him to be a bigger target.  He can often be covered, but don't try to cover him with a shrimp.  He's more of a red zone receiver than a 50 yard line guy.

I'd say LaFell needs to catch about 25 passes in 2014 to earn his keep, if he's also blocking downfield all day.  He won't be used much against certain teams, but other defenses with particularly shrimpy defensive backfields or with weaknesses against the run will be vulnerable to a Gronk / Dobson / LaFell receiver combo.  LaFell will probably play special teams also.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

Carolina is in a cap hell and their fans wouldn't know the first thing about this stuff.  I called it a mile away.

Not trying to be mean, but take ANY Panthers' fan's comments with a grain of salt. They know football, basketball and NASCAR, but really it's mainly the comings and goings of their NCAAF or NCABB teams of choice and not much else.

Boston/NE fans are far, far more knowledgeable. It's just the way it is. There is no point in really engaging with most of the Panthers fans because they're very casual about it.

With regards to LaFell, Newton had a solid rookie year with LaFell in there, a down second year a very good year last year.

But, I also think LaFell has a better chance here to play consistently well as opposed to fans thinking Newton, in his younger years, would be playing as well as a QB as Brady does week to week, generally speaking.

Really, what has happened is Gettleman is currently cleaning up Hurney's mess from before which I warned about here 2 years ago. What good is all that talent, if you made some colossal mistakes with contracts years leading up to 2012?

That's what cap hell does and they're still mirred in it right now.  They lost players they flat out counted on would have loved to have kept like Steve Smith, Ted Ginn, Munnerlyn and Mike Mitchell.

That's two key WRs and two key DBs you counted on with unknowns in the future.

Johnson was overpaid at DE and now Hardy has Gettleman by the balls possibly only as a rental with no likely SB win in 2014.

Technically, along with Smith, Ginn or LaFell, they probably would have preferred to keep all in tact for one more run with it.

But, LaFell was fine in Carolina. He just wasn't a star that would have liked to have seen develop early on down here.

I think the David Givens style of play and possible potential is a good expectation here.

[/QUOTE]

Is there a bigger FRAUD in the universe?

Panther fans know nothing.....grain of salt.......... FREAKEN FRAUD!

BTW, your Ivan Malone BFF, is a community college student from NEW YORK....google him!

BWAHAHAHAHA.

Interesting Panthers Fan Comment

posted at 3/19/2014 10:43 PM EDT

• TravisBean
    • First: 3/9/2014
    • Last: 3/20/2014

About Brady with regards to LaFell joining NE. As you can see, it's becoming very well known Brady has been struggling a ton in the postseason. Who knows, maybe his moving to Boston for good and wearing the pants in the family will bring back the old Brady?

Ian Valone ·  Top Commenter

It's funny 'cause he was the most expendable of the receivers. He obviously didn't see them against Denver in the playoffs when Tom Brady overthrew everyone. He should quit talking and focus on trying to get open. Reply ·  ·  3 hours ago

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Well I feel a little better about lafell

as far as revis

was never a big personal fan, like Rusty 

but he ihas been a special talentand this past year one of the rating blogs rated him thr highest cbserof any cb

As to him being a Pat, well he is a hired gun, but he is now our hired gun

He did chose  to come here, he did say he wanted BB

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Carolina is in a cap hell and their fans wouldn't know the first thing about this stuff.  I called it a mile away.

Not trying to be mean, but take ANY Panthers' fan's comments with a grain of salt. They know football, basketball and NASCAR, but really it's mainly the comings and goings of their NCAAF or NCABB teams of choice and not much else.

Boston/NE fans are far, far more knowledgeable. It's just the way it is. There is no point in really engaging with most of the Panthers fans because they're very casual about it.

With regards to LaFell, Newton had a solid rookie year with LaFell in there, a down second year a very good year last year.

But, I also think LaFell has a better chance here to play consistently well as opposed to fans thinking Newton, in his younger years, would be playing as well as a QB as Brady does week to week, generally speaking.

Really, what has happened is Gettleman is currently cleaning up Hurney's mess from before which I warned about here 2 years ago. What good is all that talent, if you made some colossal mistakes with contracts years leading up to 2012?

That's what cap hell does and they're still mirred in it right now.  They lost players they flat out counted on would have loved to have kept like Steve Smith, Ted Ginn, Munnerlyn and Mike Mitchell.

Johnson was overpaid at DE and now Hardy has Gettleman by the balls possibly only as a rental with no likely SB win in 2014.

Technically, along with Smith, Ginn or LaFell, they probably would have preferred to keep all in tact for one more run with it.

But, LaFell was fine in Carolina. He just wasn't a star that would have liked to have seen develop early on down here.

I think the David Givens style of play and possible potential is a good expectation here.

BTW, your Ivan Malone BFF, is a community college student from NEW YORK....google him!

BWAHAHAHAHA.

• TravisBean

About Brady with regards to LaFell joining NE. As you can see, it's becoming very well known Brady has been struggling a ton in the postseason. Who knows, maybe his moving to Boston for good and wearing the pants in the family will bring back the old Brady?

It's funny 'cause he was the most expendable of the receivers. He obviously didn't see them against Denver in the playoffs when Tom Brady overthrew everyone. He should quit talking and focus on trying to get open. Reply ·  ·  3 hours ago[/QUOTE]

Umm, I am talking about comparing fanbases, you MORON.  GENERALLY SPEAKING, YES, Panthers fans are not that knowledgeable compared to Pats fans or many other good fanbases or sports towns. It doesn't mean 100% across the board no Panthers fan cannot make a good observation, dummy.

Speaks volumes that even they can see Brady sucks.

It doesn't mean 100% of Panthers fans are not knowledgeable, dummy.

It is SCARY how black and white you see life in general. People who do that feature VERY low IQs are likely victims of inbreeding.

[/QUOTE]

So not knowledgeable only applies to their own team but spot on when talking about TB?

FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD!!!

Maybe we should start a thread about what other teams fans think of BB and the D.

Would they be knowledgeable fans?  If anything it would be much more plentiful instead of you reaching for a community college millennium from NEW YORK. 

You know, the very people you despise..

F   R   A   U   D !!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHA.

• TravisBean

It's funny 'cause he was the most expendable of the receivers. He obviously didn't see them against Denver in the playoffs when Tom Brady overthrew everyone. He should quit talking and focus on trying to get open. Reply ·  ·  3 hours ago[/QUOTE]

Umm, I am talking about comparing fanbases, you MORON.  GENERALLY SPEAKING, YES, Panthers fans are not that knowledgeable compared to Pats fans or many other good fanbases or sports towns. It doesn't mean 100% across the board no Panthers fan cannot make a good observation, dummy.

Speaks volumes that even they can see Brady sucks.

It doesn't mean 100% of Panthers fans are not knowledgeable, dummy.

It is SCARY how black and white you see life in general. People who do that feature VERY low IQs are likely victims of inbreeding.

[/QUOTE]

So not knowledgeable only applies to their own team but spot on when talking about TB?

FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD!!!

Maybe we should start a thread about what other teams fans think of BB and the D.

Would they be knowledgeable fans?  If anything it would be much more plentiful instead of you reaching for a community college millennium from NEW YORK. 

You know, the very people you despise..

F   R   A   U   D !!!!

[/QUOTE]

Your poor reading comprehension or understanding that there cannot be one knowledgeable Panthers fan, speaks volumes.

In my first post I was comparing living in NE and being a diehard Boston sports fan from that and how the large majority of the pro sports fans down here are clueless.

That doesn't mean ONE Panthers fan's observations of Brady over throwing WRs and TEs all day in the title game is wrong, moron.

Like I've said before, go invest in a dictionary for help.  A fraud is someone who isn't sincere and genuine with who they are or what they believe. I could not be any more genuine, which is why you follow me around here.

Many see that in me and respect that.  You're jealous of it which is creeoy, as you showcase your insecurity as an adult.

My god, is your IQ low.

What do you think you will do if Brady chokes it down again in the AFC Title game? Lash out again against BB?

[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts