Carter and Anderson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

Carter and Anderson

Both looked good last year. Both are Free Agents.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

Re: Carter and Anderson

Carter is getting up in age, plus coming off an injury. Bring him back at the right price, but only if it's not taking a roster spot from someone who may be as good with a future. I'd try to re-sign Anderson. He showed a lot of improvement at the end of the season and is younger than Carter. I don't think it will take that much of a raise to sign him. In either case, they need to bring in some help over and above these two. But if it came to one or the other I think I'd go with Anderson as he's younger (and healthier).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

If they both want to play for something reasonable, I'd sign them both. If they both want to break the bank, I'd let them both go and not lose an ounce of sleep. To me they are two solid guys that both bring some good things, but also the both of them are replaceable. It would be nice if we could keep them both and then add a guy from the draft that we could rotate in.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

We also have Markel Carter on practice squad. I read that he has bulked up to close to 270lbs. The pats seemed to like him because they gave him a raise on practice squad to keep him from signing with another team. It will be interesting to see him in training camp this summer. He has the size and speed for DE or maybe OLB. I was surprised that he wasn't added to roster late in season when Andre Carter went down.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

dfitzp, tried to find that reference you made to Carter bulking up but no luck.  Do you recall where you saw that?  I know BB really likes this kid. If he really is that big what a tremendous addition he would be to that D.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Here ya go
    FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The lone front-seven player the Patriots selected in the 2011 draft was Markell Carter of Central Arkansas, and it wasn't until the sixth round.

Carter has spent this season on the team's practice squad, and his work in practice last week was recognized by the team's coaching staff. Carter was named one of the team's practice players of the week, along with running back Shane Vereen and practice squad cornerback Malcolm Williams.

The practice player of the week honor is given to the players who best prepare the team in the week leading up a victory.

Carter has bulked up this year, taking advantage of a full season in the team's strength program. He was listed at 252 pounds coming out of college, and is now in the 265-pound range. Carter likely played the role of Eagles defensive ends Jason Babin (team-high 10 sacks) and Trent Cole in practice.

Previously, the Patriots boosted Carter's practice squad salary, to $149,000, from the minimum ($96,900).

and

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4712758/big-raise-for-markell-carter

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

The kid sounds like he could be good. Hopefully he'll be able to compete for a roster spot this summer. They're definitely going to need a lot of help on D.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Re Carter

Jeremy Lynn is not the same player he was at Harvard
    He showed the Basketball IQ that more than  few teams were
    intrigued by but still wasn't deemed aviable option
    - but he worked his butt off - (strength, skills and
    tape) and now, along with his infectious attitude,
    he is the Knicks leader

the point i am making is that it sometimes takes a few years
    for someone from a non traditional back ground to make -
    if ever -

Carter is the type of guy that makes it fun to be a fan

btw - i find it hilarious that the NY fans are going nuts over
    a SF kid via Boston!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I expect them to bring these two back regardless of draft and FA. But bringing them back does not guarantee them a spot on the roster come opening day.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

This is good news!

INDIANAPOLIS -- The agent for free-agent defensive end Andre Carter said Carter plans to play again in 2012, has interest in returning to the Patriots, and is ahead of schedule in his rehab after left quad surgery.

"This is what Andre wanted when [we] sat down and talked -- he wanted to go to a team that was a contender [and] where he would play in a system where he had a chance to go to the Pro Bowl, so everything was perfect until the injury," agent Carl Poston said Friday at the NFL combine. "We would like to think they'd be interested in keeping him on a long-term basis, but it takes two to dance."

Poston said he's made initial contact with the Patriots to see what the team's plans are with Carter.

"I would have been surprised if they said they weren't interested. They said they were interested, but it's a little early [to talk about a contract]," he relayed.

Carter, who was one of the team's best free-agent signings last year, sustained the season-ending quad injury Dec. 18 in Denver.

"He's in good shape, ahead on his rehab," Poston said. "It's not the kind of injury like a lower back or knee, where he's not going to be able to come back 100 percent. In fact, he might be even be stronger."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

They would be dumb not to sign at least one of these guys espcecially Carter. Great worth ethic and role model for the younger players.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Keep 'em both.

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts