Carter and Collins Able To Help Pass Rush?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Carter and Collins Able To Help Pass Rush?

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

im surprised there isnt more talk about how bad the denver defense is, it will be why they dont go to the super bowl this year, just like last year.

I'm surprised that people are more interested in talking about a bad call and not interested in an upcoming game

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Not this week they can't help. 

Miami has a quarterback who has a great computer between his ears, and so he's an expert at beating blitzes.  The reason that he's not world-famous by now is that he's reasonably slow to get rid of the football and has average accuracy, plus he has no offensive tackles whatsoever on the football field.  Miami doesn't have merely poor offensive tackles, they seem to have nobody that can even slightly slow down a defensive end on his way to their quarterback.  Miami might as well draft a banana peel. 

If you want to play Miami for a pass play, always drop back 7 or even 8 in coverage.  Your rushers will get home soon enough.  Tannehill has a QB rating of something over 100 when blitzed and in the 50s when not blitzed.  It's also possible that Miami has no receiver able to beat zone coverage, which means Tannehill usually has no one to hit.   So, sending Chandler Jones and Nink isn't far from an optimal rush. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

I don't care how they get a pass rush going, they need to get one going...Jones has been great, the others, not so much....especially without Talib, they have nobody at DB who can stay with WR's without pressure on the QB

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Not this week they can't help. 

Miami has a quarterback who has a great computer between his ears, and so he's an expert at beating blitzes.  The reason that he's not world-famous by now is that he's reasonably slow to get rid of the football and has average accuracy, plus he has no offensive tackles whatsoever on the football field.  Miami doesn't have merely poor offensive tackles, they seem to have nobody that can even slightly slow down a defensive end on his way to their quarterback.  Miami might as well draft a banana peel. 

If you want to play Miami for a pass play, always drop back 7 or even 8 in coverage.  Your rushers will get home soon enough.  Tannehill has a QB rating of something over 100 when blitzed and in the 50s when not blitzed.  It's also possible that Miami has no receiver able to beat zone coverage, which means Tannehill usually has no one to hit.   So, sending Chandler Jones and Nink isn't far from an optimal rush. 

thanks for your post.  Doubt Carter will get much play time anyway since he's likely out of shape.  I'd still like to see Collins get more and more play time, even if people feel there are other LBs ahead of him

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I'd rather see them take action on their interior DL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

I'd rather see them take action on their interior DL.

absolutely.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Our edge rushing isn't the problem, it's the interior that's holding us up. Teams just double Nink and Jones, just have to hold out for Kelly and Armstead to come back.

+----------------------------------

I haven't seen Nink doubled in any game this year.  Just completely neutralized by 1 tackle.

Sections
Shortcuts