Carter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Carter

Yates@FieldYates

Filed to @ESPNBoston: The Patriots worked out veteran DE Andre Carter today, per a source. Carter had 10 sacks for the team in 2011.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Carter

He was great, better option than Jake "The Snake" Bequette. 

I call him "The Snake" because if you're not careful, you wouldn't know he's there(on the team) since he's ALWAYS INACTIVE! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Well that's not a good sign. Truthfully I was surprised he made it as far as he did in 11' and was giddy with what we got out of him considering the state of his legs at that point. Now at this point I'm not sure what he has left if anything. I'd think I'd rather give playing time to Buchanan to see what he can do unless the idea is to bring Carter in to give some advice to Jones and Buchanan

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Nobody fears Bill Belichick more than the Personnel guy at UPS. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

They work out a bunch of people, Rally C might even get a look. Wouldn't read too much into it. Heck, if he's in any kind of shape, he might be useful at some point. There will be injuries.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Now we just Seymour to roll with a 2012 Raiders D Line

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Nobody fears Bill Belichick more than the Personnel guy at UPS. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

Priceless, BB is already panicing with that complete lack of pressure on Manuel yesterday.

Hey Phatty...Phat rex, I mean...getting nervous about all those screen names you've been using today after going off on Rusty for using names he really doesn't use?...HMMMMMMM, I think you are getting scared that people will realize you're as much of a stalker as NAS....I thought your biggest problem was just being a Jets fan  and Jets troll...I stand corrected , you are a demented stalker...your man-love for Rusty knows no bounds, except for the man love you have for Kerry Rhodes...TSK, TSK, TSK.....when Babe finds out he'll have you down in FLA with him doing those Christian Snake Churchy things trying to reconvert you back to hetero status by serpent power.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Maybe this is why we saved that 13 million for? Carter should take 950k of it...as for the remaining 12 million? Well there is always next year.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Maybe this is why we saved that 13 million for? Carter should take 950k of it...as for the remaining 12 million? Well there is always next year.

Do you have a checking account? I don't believe you do. There is no way you know how to work finances.

lmao

They have night classes you know.  Look into one.  It's ok that you're in your 40s and aren't very well educated, but it's never too late.

I do have a checking account! Maybe you can give us all lessons on being super rich?? You know, kind of like a Tony Robbins type of thing. You can show us how to pay down our mortgages and sign washed up safeties at the same time!! Lol!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

other than signing some of our own to early deals (meaning under market), can anyone tell me why the PAts need $13M at this point? I understand the issue of emergency or fill in or even trades (Talib)...but lets face it, the Pats arent taking on anyone that will count over cap more than $2-3M, and pretty much other than a trade, there really is nothing out there worth even kicking the tires on...

so other than keeping a spare $3-5m available for what ever comes up...what is the balance of the $8-10 ear marked for other than early signing of their own?

and yes, I do have a check book and do balance my own account...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Another Head Scratcher. I am guessing BB is out of DTs to bring in and maybe wants a mentor to teach C.Jones and Buchanan. Buchanan was on the field with Nink, Vince and Jones. a 4 man front with 3 DEs. So we bring in another DE?  Jones was stout against the run last game but didnt get much pressure. Ditto for Buchanan. Maybe BB wants Carter to come in and teach these guys how to be proffesional as he is astute as they come and a class guy. Outside of that I dont get it. This guy was done last year with the quad injury and this goes against the youth movement. Still cant get a dam Tackle tho.....smh

Hey wozzy, what happened to A.J. ? Heard he was gonna be good , just like Armon Armstead...lol

This could be good as our pass needs to be better but I thought BB wasnt looking for that sunday. If he DID gameplan to pressure, we are in trouble.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Another Head Scratcher. I am guessing BB is out of DTs to bring in and maybe wants a mentor to teach C.Jones and Buchanan. Buchanan was on the field with Nink, Vince and Jones. a 4 man front with 3 DEs. So we bring in another DE?  Jones was stout against the run last game but didnt get much pressure. Ditto for Buchanan. Maybe BB wants Carter to come in and teach these guys how to be proffesional as he is astute as they come and a class guy. Outside of that I dont get it. This guy was done last year with the quad injury and this goes against the youth movement. Still cant get a dam Tackle tho.....smh

Hey wozzy, what happened to A.J. ? Heard he was gonna be good , just like Armon Armstead...lol

This could be good as our pass needs to be better but I thought BB wasnt looking for that sunday. If he DID gameplan to pressure, we are in trouble.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

just saying, and with all due respect because he seems like a level headed and passionate fan, but the next time Wozzy is right about a player will be the first time

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Start a thread when they sign the guy...   must admit that carter as an option if healthy, is interesting., tho.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Start a thread when they sign the guy...   must admit that carter as an option if healthy, is interesting., tho.

It's interesting if you feel the team should be considering a 35 year old DE. the team spent a 3rd on Bequette, and they seemed to have hopes for Buchanon this summer (most snaps played of any DL on the team)...

this defense using 4 DL 75-95% of the snaps will wear down quickly...bad roster management by the Hallowed Hoodie pertaining to the DL...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

How long will Carter last before he has a season ending injury?  I forgot who cut him this preseason.

$13 million in cap room and BB is looking at players that someone else cut.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's interesting if you feel the team should be considering a 35 year old DE. the team spent a 3rd on Bequette, and they seemed to have hopes for Buchanon this summer (most snaps played of any DL on the team)...

this defense using 4 DL 75-95% of the snaps will wear down quickly...bad roster management by the Hallowed Hoodie pertaining to the DL...

[/QUOTE

You could load up on DEs and drop a develin for instance.  having a healthy carter in the passing down rotation would be an upgrade, at least short term, at the very least to shake it up and give OTs more to worry about.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

other than signing some of our own to early deals (meaning under market), can anyone tell me why the PAts need $13M at this point? I understand the issue of emergency or fill in or even trades (Talib)...but lets face it, the Pats arent taking on anyone that will count over cap more than $2-3M, and pretty much other than a trade, there really is nothing out there worth even kicking the tires on...

so other than keeping a spare $3-5m available for what ever comes up...what is the balance of the $8-10 ear marked for other than early signing of their own?

and yes, I do have a check book and do balance my own account...

There are perfermace bonuses and such plus if they sign an extension they can front load some of the money this season making it easier to manage. I don't think they actually have 12 million.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts