Re: Carter

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Start a thread when they sign the guy...   must admit that carter as an option if healthy, is interesting., tho.

It's interesting if you feel the team should be considering a 35 year old DE. the team spent a 3rd on Bequette, and they seemed to have hopes for Buchanon this summer (most snaps played of any DL on the team)...

this defense using 4 DL 75-95% of the snaps will wear down quickly...bad roster management by the Hallowed Hoodie pertaining to the DL...

[/QUOTE

You could load up on DEs and drop a develin for instance.  having a healthy carter in the passing down rotation would be an upgrade, at least short term, at the very least to shake it up and give OTs more to worry about.

[/QUOTE]

It would also be nice to have an additional subrusher to go with Buchanan, too.  They really only have him and that is it at the DE position.

Carter would be good in helping Jones and Buchanan as well.

[/QUOTE]

Thats a pretty good point there, since pass rushing techniques  can be acquired and  the moves are very specific and require timing and judgment as to who you are going against.

I wouldn't be surprised if a guy like carter kepta book ondifferent OTs tendencies etc.

Didn't he have a monster game against the jets as well...?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Hey wozzy, what happened to A.J. ? Heard he was gonna be good , just like Armon Armstead...lol

Maybe you should let that meatsicle of a brain defrost in the morning before posting, they just cut your binky Sims to make room for Francis on the practice squad.  I sometimes forget now that brain of your operates, we are only allowed to have All Pro players on special teams and at the back end of our depth chart, also we're supposed to win every game by 30 or more...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

If Carter is healthy he can help us, if not he won't be signed, theres nothing "desperate" about signing one of the leagues best pass rushers.  For all the ageists around here, I might ask you how old you are, but if I had to guess I'd say 12...

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Hey wozzy, what happened to A.J. ? Heard he was gonna be good , just like Armon Armstead...lol

Maybe you should let that meatsicle of a brain defrost in the morning before posting, they just cut your binky Sims to make room for Francis on the practice squad.  I sometimes forget now that brain of your operates, we are only allowed to have All Pro players on special teams and at the back end of our depth chart, also we're supposed to win every game by 30 or more...

I did notice that they signed back AJ Francis so I did jump the gun on that one. I didnt realize he was part of the speed dial rotation. So he is still in the plans., but that doesnt mean much until I see him play. As far as Q.Sims, He is not a binky. I was just making suggestions on who to call up since DObson is hobbled with a hammy and Amendola with a groin so Im concerned with depth. I was just pulling ur chain. Its one thing for us to disagree and joke around about certain guys at the end of the roster, but lets keep it straight. Im not one of those who opine for All PRos at every position. We are talking about Having a 3rd DT on the team. I dont think thats asking much. I dont need him to be Suh, but Gosh, maybe not someones elses roster cut. I am not that extreme in my need for good players. You on the other hand have made some wild accusations in the last couple weeks.

Sudfeld has th best hands on the team. J.Collins is our best tackler. AA will be starting week 1 as well as Adrian Wilson???  Atleast I try to evaluate. You just praise Every pick up as if they are gonna be great. Thats your choice but I reserve to right to remind you same as you will do with my predictions.

Either way you slice it, the Carter move is worrisome. Either he is here to help our pass rushers cuz they arent getting it done or a 35 y/o 2 years removed  from his 10 sacks and a nasty quad injury later is now better than our 3rd rd pick from last year and the other DE's on the roster?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I like Carter..... 2 years ago!

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

10 million in cap room, bandwagoner.

You leave around 5 every year (generally speaking) for a cushion unless you're a moron franchise.

If you are seriously this miserable as a fan at the outset of another season, please find another team to root for.

The media has ruined you as a fan. How does that feel to be brainwashed by the anti-BB media?

I've been a fan probably longer than you've been alive so I'm no bandwagon fan.  

That the Pats have any cap room is from Brady's contract changes.

So its just under ten million now. What are they saving it for Christmas?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

They have $12 mil in cap space as of now.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Sudfeld has th best hands on the team. J.Collins is our best tackler. AA will be starting week 1 as well as Adrian Wilson???  Atleast I try to evaluate. You just praise Every pick up as if they are gonna be great. Thats your choice but I reserve to right to remind you same as you will do with my predictions.

Never said Sudfeld has the best hands, ever, though he is pretty good.  Collins is the best athlete we have at linebacker, he is an incredible open field tackler, that's not a prediction rather an observation.  Armstead and Wilson are injured, both are still on the roster by the way and I preface every bold prediction with "health provided."  This is football after all, not golf, I can't predict injuries or the future... though I do predict in the near future that the Negative Nancies cry if Andre Carter gets signed and he will go on to have multiple sack games for us.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Gee that would make my $13 million statement closer to reality than 'Ned''s estimate.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I would bring Carter in and there by allowing us to leave Buchanon on the bench in case we need him..............

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

Gee that would make my $13 million statement closer to reality than 'Ned''s estimate.

[/QUOTE]

According to whom?  DO you realize how foolish you people sound pretending you have access to every single element of the inner workings of an organization like an NFL team?

NE was 7th in the NFL last year in terms of spending to the cap. In fact, they're pretty much in that top 10 every year.

If you want to get into a debate about where you think the money should be allocated and at what positions, fine. But, enough with this angle of them being cheap or not spending strategically, because they do. Every year.

[/QUOTE]

They didn't have a single sack last week so now they immediately feel the need to bring someone in. Here comes Andre Carter who the Raiders just cut in late August.  

Yeah, I'd say they were spending money on the wrong guys especially in light of how many low cost rookies are on the roster and Brady reworking his contract for cap space.

Of course who's available right now? The time to bring in players that are of any real value was the spring.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Why are folks down on bringing in a guy for a workout all of a sudden? It's due diligence, they'll bring in dozens of guys during the course of the season, as will everybody else. Maybe you'd prefer it if they didn't bother? I mean, what's the point, nobody is going to get hurt, right?

I guess if some of you guys were running the show you wouldn't need to bother, you'd just go by what Mel Kiper or Rotoworld says.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I thought I read that after the Washington signing, that put the Pats at $112, 900M...which is pretty much $10M under the $123M. Plus the Pats had a last year carry over of $5M that is use it or lose it this year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Why are folks down on bringing in a guy for a workout all of a sudden? It's due diligence, they'll bring in dozens of guys during the course of the season, as will everybody else. Maybe you'd prefer it if they didn't bother? I mean, what's the point, nobody is going to get hurt, right?

I guess if some of you guys were running the show you wouldn't need to bother, you'd just go by what Mel Kiper or Rotoworld says.

I would go with Rotoworld.  I think Mel Kiper is a hack job.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

Yates@FieldYates

Filed to @ESPNBoston: The Patriots worked out veteran DE Andre Carter today, per a source. Carter had 10 sacks for the team in 2011.

I am glad to hear they finallly managed to get his wheelchair out of the bottom of the bus.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

Yates@FieldYates

Filed to @ESPNBoston: The Patriots worked out veteran DE Andre Carter today, per a source. Carter had 10 sacks for the team in 2011.

Good.  Carter can do a much better job rushing the passer than Nink.