Casey Hampton?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: Casey Hampton?

Played 16 reg season games last year.........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Probably not a lot left but perhaps enough to fill the role you've got in mind.  He'll be 36 in September.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I could see him and Wilfork as a version of Adams and Siragusa or the Williams Wall. If he's healthy (and I have no idea of that), I don't see why he wouldn't help.  But does he want to put himself through the rigors of an NFL season at his age for what New England would be willing to offer, which probably wouldn't be much more than veteran minimum?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well he was considered to be the best nose tackle in the game at one time, but at 36 I could see this being another guy that runs 40 yards in 90 degree weather and calls it quits during training camp. I did think about him as a possibility earlier today actually...kind of a...hey I wonder if this guy could spell Wilfork on occasion or perhaps line up next to him in a 43? I like the chance of adding quality beef, because I think Love gets pushed around too much and Deaderick is inconsistant...so maybe.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Just read a few Pittsburg blog sites. Most feel he does have a bit left in the tank and as Muzzy just alluded to it depends if he's willing to take veterans minimum. Funny, most on there said the Patriots would likely take a look at him.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LOL, he's gotta be pretty strong to keep that big head on his shoulders upright

Pass

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Just read a few Pittsburg blog sites. Most feel he does have a bit left in the tank and as Muzzy just alluded to it depends if he's willing to take veterans minimum. Funny, most on there said the Patriots would likely take a look at him.

I honestly love hearing the opinions on team's blog sites - I think you can get a real good view of the type of player you're getting by doing that. I always like Hampton, I can remember him playing in the post season all star games before he came out and he was just this huge, squat type, that could really get low and move....great pick at 19th overrall by the Steelers. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

Anything left in the tank?  I know the draft is deep at DT, but one thing with someone like this is you can play 3-4 and not have to use Wilfork at NT or vice versa.

Regardless, maybe a cheap security blanket vet at DT. I am thiking Keith Traylor kind of stuff here. 

Thoughts? 

I like your thinking here Clark.  They do need someone beside wilfork, besides just love.  As soon as love got injured in title game they doubled wilfork, game over..SO yeah, let's get some more beef around -beside wilfork  for sure.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

They'd be nearly 700 pounds of muscle, good luck trying to move them. I'm game, I think the Pats need to bring in another interior rusher too, just in case Armstead gets another heart attack. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

LOL, he's gotta be pretty strong to keep that big head on his shoulders upright

Pass

LMFAO!!! You're terrible. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

Anything left in the tank?  I know the draft is deep at DT, but one thing with someone like this is you can play 3-4 and not have to use Wilfork at NT or vice versa.

Regardless, maybe a cheap security blanket vet at DT. I am thiking Keith Traylor kind of stuff here. 

Thoughts? 

I like your thinking here Clark.  They do need someone beside wilfork, besides just love.  As soon as love got injured in title game they doubled wilfork, game over..SO yeah, let's get some more beef around -beside wilfork  for sure.  

What came to my mind was Ted Washington or even big house Moore! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'd pass. Not sure how much the guy has left in the tank but he has't played to a high standard for a couple of years. I'm honestly not sure if he could give more then Love right now.

Pouha though I might give some consideration. He has a little less wear and has played at a slightly higher level the last couple of years. But still, I'd rather get a DT in the first, see what Armstead can give and go in with Deadrick and Love as main backups

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I'd pass. Not sure how much the guy has left in the tank but he has't played to a high standard for a couple of years. I'm honestly not sure if he could give more then Love right now.

Pouha though I might give some consideration. He has a little less wear and has played at a slightly higher level the last couple of years. But still, I'd rather get a DT in the first, see what Armstead can give and go in with Deadrick and Love as main backups

Deaderick brings nothing to the table for me. And if Love can't keep his mid section under control and also stay healthy he's on the short list to go....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I think he'll retire if the Steelers don't offer him a deal.