In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I saw Adam Schefter on TV yesterday speculating that the Chiefs will release Cassel who has not worked out for them at all.  Obviously they will be drafting a QB at the top of the draft.  And they have Quinn as a backup.

He went on to say that the Pats could very well pick up MC as a backup.  Then trade Ryan Mallett, possibly for draft picks they are short of currently.

I think all of this is very plausible.  If I am RM's agent I do not let this kid wait around for possibly 5 more years without getting any playing time.  And the Pats might get a serviceable backup without giving up anything.

[/QUOTE]

Sure. I could totally see that. It's the beauty of BB as a GM. He's created this chain reaction of leverage  of sorts with how he does things.

Even the Schiano friendship in TB netted us Talib.  Really, no other GM in this league has created this kind of situation.  BB has the ability to just pull guys like Stallworth or Branch from their couches, too.  It's incredible.

So, yeah.  You get a team desperate enough and liking Mallett out of the draft, BB sees how bad they want him and voila, here comes an additional 3rd rd pick or maybe better.  Kolb went to Arizona, for what, a 2nd?

[/QUOTE]

For one thing, I am not that amazed about getting Branch and Stallworth to come play this year. Their combined 16 catches for under 200 yards and one TD (Stallworth's only catch).

Why do people think any teams are interested in Mallet? Last year, I kept hearing that they could trade Hoyer, but no team was interested. In fact, after they cut him it took over two months for him to get another chance in the NFL and that was after the Steelers lost multple QBs. He still could not get on the field in front of Charlie Batch! His only playing this year is for a dismal 5-10 Cardinals team that has also lost three QBs.

Now teams, are going to come knocking on the Patriots door with second and third round picks for a guy who completed less 50% of his passes this preason and has held a clipboard since?

Kolb got the Eagles Rodgers-Cromartie and a second round pick, but at that point Kolb had seven NFL starts and had managed to keep the Eagles in first place after Vick got hurt in 2010.

[/QUOTE]

Umm, when you have Welker and Hernandez being targeted 20 times per game and Lloyd getting scraps, of course the 4th option whether it's Stallworth in 1 game or Branch in 10, the 4th target isn't  going to get stats here.

The point is, no other team has this kind of a benchwarming street signing arrangement like BB does.

I wouldn't be shocked if BB needed it, he could call Gerard Warren tomorroe. Admit it, BB has had these arranagements for years and it's a testament to him not leaving stones unturned and how much vets respect him.

[/QUOTE]

Do you ever get tired of lieing?

Targets to date:

Welker 162, 

Lloyd 125 

Hern 76  

Gronk 75

WOODY 50

Branch 28, replaced Edelmans 32

Where are the 20 targets for Welk and Hern and where are the bench warmers you speak of?  What was your point again?

[/QUOTE]

Hernandez was hurt most of the year, but when healthy like last year, we know that Brady's top options are Gronk, Welker and Hernandez.    

Also the word is "lying". Don't lecture me when you continue to show a lack of a 5th grade education.

Welker was targeted over 10 times last week alone.  I am not sure what the count was, but it was WELL OVER 10 for him alone.  That's a problem, regardless, and someone like Branch or if Stallworth if he was still here ain't producing when our QB is targeting one guy upwards of 20 times in a game.

Get it?

Christ, are you stupid.  Oh my.

[/QUOTE]

I am stupid.  You stated welk and Hern are targeted 20 times a game.  10 is not 20 and Lloyd is getting the 2nd highest snaps and those aren't scraps as you proclaimed.

You might want to check out some things before you make ludicrous statments and quit your flat out misrepresentations of the FACTS!  You are a liar and a fraud!  FACT!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Cassel In - Mallett Out?

[QUOTE]

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind Cassel as a backup if Mallet walks or is traded.

As somebody else said, I personally cannot see Mallet staying here if Brady really wants to play 3-4 more years. I would not want Cassel as my favorite teams starter, but I think he could be a solid backup. We have already seen what he can do here and that was w/o Gronk and Hernandez.

Some guys just need a change of scenery. I don't think Cassel is as bad as he has looked in his past 1-2 years in KC.

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  It's not a coincidence Weis had them doing well and everyone responding.  Alex Smith had a pathetic 7 different coordinators his first 7 years. That's terrible investment management by SF. They got it right with Harbaugh and his staff last year and now we Vernon Davis lost without Smith and their offense sketchier taking a major gamble on a gimmick QB in Kaepernick.

Cassel has now had 3 different OCs, with him obviously responding well to Weis. But, the new OC this year has been a disaster even with the healthy players around him.  One thing Pioli didn't do was get a legit LT in the last 2 drafts. Big mistake thinking Brandon Albert is a Tackle, when he's played his whole life as  Guard.

You can't complete passes on your back all the time or running for your life.  But, I'd take Cassel back here in 2 seconds as a back up if it meant getting a 2nd rder for Mallett. We have no idea how other GMs see Mallett entering the draft or even now, with Brady as a tutor.

[/QUOTE]

Funny how Brady has had so many OCs and has played at a HOF level, eh junior? Or doesn't he get any credit for that from you?

And we do have a pretty good idea how other GMs saw Mallet entering the draft; they passed on him 69 times.

Hope you had a nice Christmas.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Brady's heir apparent is still in college or maybe high school. Unless he gets hurt, he's got at least four more years and possibly five or even six. He's not beat up, he doesn't depend on his legs and he knows how to avoid major knocks.  Mallett was never more than trade bait.  Obviously if Brady went down he'd go in, but that isn't why he was drafted.

Only thing with Cassell is will some other team give him a chance to compete for a starting job? I would guess he'd jump at that rather than come to New England knowing he has no shot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

No thanks. If we had a legit chance at Hasselback I'd rather have him backing up TB than Cassell

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

As somebody else said, I personally cannot see Mallet staying here if Brady really wants to play 3-4 more years. I would not want Cassel as my favorite teams starter, but I think he could be a solid backup. We have already seen what he can do here and that was w/o Gronk and Hernandez.

Some guys just need a change of scenery. I don't think Cassel is as bad as he has looked in his past 1-2 years in KC.

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  It's not a coincidence Weis had them doing well and everyone responding.  Alex Smith had a pathetic 7 different coordinators his first 7 years. That's terrible investment management by SF. They got it right with Harbaugh and his staff last year and now we Vernon Davis lost without Smith and their offense sketchier taking a major gamble on a gimmick QB in Kaepernick.

Cassel has now had 3 different OCs, with him obviously responding well to Weis. But, the new OC this year has been a disaster even with the healthy players around him.  One thing Pioli didn't do was get a legit LT in the last 2 drafts. Big mistake thinking Brandon Albert is a Tackle, when he's played his whole life as  Guard.

You can't complete passes on your back all the time or running for your life.  But, I'd take Cassel back here in 2 seconds as a back up if it meant getting a 2nd rder for Mallett. We have no idea how other GMs see Mallett entering the draft or even now, with Brady as a tutor.

[/QUOTE]

Funny how Brady has had so many OCs and has played at a HOF level, eh junior? Or doesn't he get any credit for that from you?

And we do have a pretty good idea how other GMs saw Mallet entering the draft; they passed on him 69 times.

[/QUOTE]

He's had 3 total OC's but the offense has generally been the same throughout each tenure. It's essenially a hybried West Coast offense, but the difference as we know, is Weis's was less West Coast base, while McDaniels/O'Brien's is more West Coast base.

I prefer it the Weis way, but it's the same system.

By the time Weis left, Brady had won 3 Sbs and clearly was evolving into that level of QB who could basically run his own offense.  That's why back in 2009 when Carucci wrote that article on how Manning and Brady get to choose between multiple plays once fed in from the headset, I posted that here.

The media always tried to tell us only Manning essentially ran his offense, which was false.  Brady had as much autonomy by 2005 as Manning did. Carucci's well written article, primary sourced throughout, proves this.

That's a LOT differen than Alex Smith literally needing to learn 7 different playbooks every year as did his personnel, etc.

Totally different animal.  Look at Roetlisberger this year. What did I tell you? I said to watch Haley there. Haley will ruin Pitt. Told ya. 

Ben loved Arians.  Ben likes to make plays out the pocket and create on broken plays.  Haley's offense is totally different than Arians's, where it forces Ben to unload the ball faster.   Ben has a massive ego and wants it to be about him. Haley does too. They clashed and just last week after he publicly called out Haley he had to apologize.

So, Cassel is better than being credit for. The constant switching up offensive systems will affect ANY QB.

It's a huge issue. 

I had a great XMas. 

Stuffed mushroom opene, cold martinis all around, beef tenderloin with bernaise, fresh green beans blanched and sauteed with shallots and wine, twice baked potates, some nice Red Zin with dinner and a homemade chocolate cream pie (with lard based real crust) with freshly made whipped cream on top.

Yep, not healthy, but it's only once a year.

[/QUOTE]

UMMM....... LIAR AND FRAUD!

Umm, when you have Welker and Hernandez being targeted 20 times per game and Lloyd getting scraps, of course the 4th option whether it's Stallworth in 1 game or Branch in 10, the 4th target isn't  going to get stats here.

Time to delete your account!  I see you deleted your last lying post.  LOL

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's had 3 total OC's but the offense has generally been the same throughout each tenure. It's essenially a hybried West Coast offense, but the difference as we know, is Weis's was less West Coast base, while McDaniels/O'Brien's is more West Coast base.

I prefer it the Weis way, but it's the same system.

By the time Weis left, Brady had won 3 Sbs and clearly was evolving into that level of QB who could basically run his own offense.  That's why back in 2009 when Carucci wrote that article on how Manning and Brady get to choose between multiple plays once fed in from the headset, I posted that here.

The media always tried to tell us only Manning essentially ran his offense, which was false.  Brady had as much autonomy by 2005 as Manning did. Carucci's well written article, primary sourced throughout, proves this.

That's a LOT differen than Alex Smith literally needing to learn 7 different playbooks every year as did his personnel, etc.

Totally different animal.  Look at Roetlisberger this year. What did I tell you? I said to watch Haley there. Haley will ruin Pitt. Told ya. 

Ben loved Arians.  Ben likes to make plays out the pocket and create on broken plays.  Haley's offense is totally different than Arians's, where it forces Ben to unload the ball faster.   Ben has a massive ego and wants it to be about him. Haley does too. They clashed and just last week after he publicly called out Haley he had to apologize.

So, Cassel is better than being credit for. The constant switching up offensive systems will affect ANY QB.

It's a huge issue. 

I had a great XMas. 

Stuffed mushroom opene, cold martinis all around, beef tenderloin with bernaise, fresh green beans blanched and sauteed with shallots and wine, twice baked potates, some nice Red Zin with dinner and a homemade chocolate cream pie (with lard based real crust) with freshly made whipped cream on top.

Yep, not healthy, but it's only once a year.

[/QUOTE]

UMMM....... LIAR AND FRAUD!

Time to delete your account!

[/QUOTE]

Yes.  In refernce to the Jax game. Yes, they were targeted over 20 times. The discussion has been about the bad Jax game since it was just played on Sunday.  What you are sneakly leaving out or just showing how dumb you are, is the fact that Branch and Stallworth are perimeter players in this offense, not slot guys.  FrankBhm was mocking the idea that BB resigned Stallworth and Branch acting like those kinds of players are going to put up massive stats anway, when we all know who Brady's binkies are, which are unfortunately middle field targets/route runnners.

I didn't say on average. You removing the context of my point is something Josef Stalin would be proud of.    You are not fooling anyone.  We aren't winning any games against better Ds than Jax's when Welker and Hernandez as slot players, are targeted that many times.

Again, learn to read. Branch and Stallworth, or Ocho and Lloyd, aren't meant to be big producers here when Brady is busy looking for his stud mid route runners to break open quickly over the middled of the field.

FrnkBhm was mocking Branch;s stats, but if Brady isn't even looking at them, they can't get stats. Pretty simple stuff, so it's pathetic you don't get this.

[/QUOTE]

LIAR AND FRAUD!  Did Stallworth play in the Jax game? 

Case closed!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

Lastly, if Schefter is reporting this as a story, it's not speculation, it's likley already been discussed as an option.

KC possibly fires Pioli, fires Crennel and cuts Cassel. 

NE then deals Mallett to one of the many desperate teams who need a QB (or needs QB competition/an upgrade) and there you have it.

I can see Jerry Jones cutting Romo and then trading for Mallett.  Arizona would also be in the market.  Whisenhunt uses many former Pats players anyway. lol

[/QUOTE]

Jones cutting Romo? I doubt that. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Hey we can't trade Mallett!! Rusty said he's the guy that should replace Brady after he threw that interception against the Cardinals this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lastly, if Schefter is reporting this as a story, it's not speculation, it's likley already been discussed as an option.

KC possibly fires Pioli, fires Crennel and cuts Cassel. 

NE then deals Mallett to one of the many desperate teams who need a QB (or needs QB competition/an upgrade) and there you have it.

I can see Jerry Jones cutting Romo and then trading for Mallett.  Arizona would also be in the market.  Whisenhunt uses many former Pats players anyway. lol

[/QUOTE]

Jones cutting Romo? I doubt that. 

[/QUOTE]

Yep.  They're in cap hell and if Romo chokes it down Sunday night again, I can see it happening.

[/QUOTE]

We'll see. I like Romo, hes made some bonehead plays, but has also been victimized by drops and a perpetually underperforming team. A lot of his numbers are better than Aikman and Staubach, but he dont have the rings because hes taken some foolish chances on occasion, and has not had the teams they had.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Duh, junior. They had a joke schedule that year. Same as he had in 2008. And I told you 2 years ago he was not a very good QB, but you insisted he was the real deal. Now, you are rendered a pathetic whimpering fool pleading about your "contexts". LMAO@U

He may not be much more than a decent NFL backup (as I said the day he left) but he is one of the luckiest guys around. Him and Eli are tied for the luckiest QBs in the NFL.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IdidntDoIt. Show IdidntDoIt's posts

Geezzzz....my head hurts..

Anyway, gather around and pick up a bit of wisdom from this ole timer....

I have had this position many years...

Brady will NOT play 5-6 more years. 3 Years tops.

He wants ring number 4.....

He's done it all and has it all. A family and a very wealthy wife. He has Political goals and is looking forward to life after the NFL. No way he stays....too many other things to move on to.

Take it to the bank....

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from IdidntDoIt. Show IdidntDoIt's posts

Oh....one more thing....

For those that say Mallett is great......

For those that say he suxs....

Can anyone show me the body of his work which has led you to these conclusions?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to IdidntDoIt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Geezzzz....my head hurts..

Anyway, gather around and pick up a bit of wisdom from this ole timer....

I have had this position many years...

Brady will NOT play 5-6 more years. 3 Years tops.

He wants ring number 4.....

He's done it all and has it all. A family and a very wealthy wife. He has Political goals and is looking forward to life after the NFL. No way he stays....too many other things to move on to.

Take it to the bank....

[/QUOTE]

You don't know Brady too well. He loves football.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from IdidntDoIt. Show IdidntDoIt's posts

Yes he does....but he loves life and the family too. He will turn the page without thinking twice about it. He's not your normal NFL player.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I saw Adam Schefter on TV yesterday speculating that the Chiefs will release Cassel who has not worked out for them at all.  Obviously they will be drafting a QB at the top of the draft.  And they have Quinn as a backup.

He went on to say that the Pats could very well pick up MC as a backup.  Then trade Ryan Mallett, possibly for draft picks they are short of currently.

I think all of this is very plausible.  If I am RM's agent I do not let this kid wait around for possibly 5 more years without getting any playing time.  And the Pats might get a serviceable backup without giving up anything.

[/QUOTE]

If Mallett is not Tom Brady's heir apparent, that's a bad thing. The Pats spent a fairly high 3rd round pick to get Mallett. If he hasn't shown that he's goi the goods to be a good NFL QB, who would be willing to part with anything of consequence for him? As for Matt Cassel, who wants him back? The Pats need to find a young QB who they can groom to eventually replace the aging Brady. 

If the Pats don't win the SB this season, perhaps the time has come to entertain the idea of trading Brady for a bevy of high draft picks? If that happens and Tom gets traded, than bringing back Cassel to hold the fort while the Pats groom a long term replacement would make sense. 

[/QUOTE]

I doubt that Kraft or Belicheck would even think of trading Brady? He's still got 3 or 4 productive seasons left and likely retires as a Patriot. Mallet's time will come or like Cassel once his rookie deal is up for negoiation, they'll look at trading him. End of the day it's a decision that won't have to be made for few more years. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to IdidntDoIt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes he does....but he loves life and the family too. He will turn the page without thinking twice about it. He's not your normal NFL player.

[/QUOTE]

Yup, I would have to agree. He's different. Of course he's going to say he's going to play 5-6 more years, that's what he's supposed to say.

He's gone in 3.

Be a sad day that's for sure.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey we can't trade Mallett!! Rusty said he's the guy that should replace Brady after he threw that interception against the Cardinals this year.

[/QUOTE]

Nope. Never said that at all. Talking about Brady's future as a sidebar discussion if things go south in future years has nothing to do with me ever saying anything of the sort. Nice try, though. 

Hey, remember when you and RKarp still tell us there is no salary cap and the Jets are fine? That's some entertainting stuff right there. Hey, maybe you can take over for RKarp on the Jets thread where he's made a fool of himself? bawhaah

YOU two actually still say that, so I don't even have to make up lies about what you two morons say. It's right there on the board. lol

[/QUOTE]

Jeez that trade Brady thing really bothers you, huh? I mean you said it - that much is certain. It was right after the game (I chaulked it up to more of a impulse type of thing), rather than you actually meaning it, but you sure did write it.  Why are you so bent about trying to make it seem like you never wrote it? We all make football mistakes, etc.

I really can't believe you try to play it off as a side bar discussion type of thing...I mean everyone has read your comments about Brady after he doesn't have an all world performance during a game...you bash him. It's not surprising you called for him to be traded after a bad game against the Cardinals. What is surprising is when you said Alex Smith was playing better than Brady this year - the same Alex Smith that can't even start for his own team. Now that's something to deny and be embarrassed about.

Sections
Shortcuts