In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Beantowne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I saw Adam Schefter on TV yesterday speculating that the Chiefs will release Cassel who has not worked out for them at all.  Obviously they will be drafting a QB at the top of the draft.  And they have Quinn as a backup.

He went on to say that the Pats could very well pick up MC as a backup.  Then trade Ryan Mallett, possibly for draft picks they are short of currently.

I think all of this is very plausible.  If I am RM's agent I do not let this kid wait around for possibly 5 more years without getting any playing time.  And the Pats might get a serviceable backup without giving up anything.

[/QUOTE]

If Mallett is not Tom Brady's heir apparent, that's a bad thing. The Pats spent a fairly high 3rd round pick to get Mallett. If he hasn't shown that he's goi the goods to be a good NFL QB, who would be willing to part with anything of consequence for him? As for Matt Cassel, who wants him back? The Pats need to find a young QB who they can groom to eventually replace the aging Brady. 

If the Pats don't win the SB this season, perhaps the time has come to entertain the idea of trading Brady for a bevy of high draft picks? If that happens and Tom gets traded, than bringing back Cassel to hold the fort while the Pats groom a long term replacement would make sense. 

[/QUOTE]

I doubt that Kraft or Belicheck would even think of trading Brady? He's still got 3 or 4 productive seasons left and likely retires as a Patriot. Mallet's time will come or like Cassel once his rookie deal is up for negoiation, they'll look at trading him. End of the day it's a decision that won't have to be made for few more years. 

[/QUOTE]

You think Mallett wants to stick around for 7 years stunting his growth? I don't.   BB takes QBs in drafts to develop them and leverage them as chips.

[/QUOTE]

Beside Cassel who played a full year before being traded, what other QB has BB turned into draft picks that he drafted ?....

[/QUOTE]

Well, he attempted to do it by drafting, O'connell but obviously he didn't work out.

[/QUOTE]

Didn't work out too well with Davey either junior.

[/QUOTE]

The point is, he continually does it.  Did indy with manning?  No.

[/QUOTE]

He doesn't continually do that junior. HE NEVER DOES THAT! He had to play Cassel because Brady was hurt and against a weak schedule Cassel looked better than he was. Cassel's contract was up and no way in hell was BB going to give that guy the phoney overinflated market value he was going to get, even if he didn't have Brady. So he got lucky and the stiff Pioli coughed up a 2nd rounder for him. How's Pioli lookin' on that now?

I have a new project for you junior. It has two parts. First, stop just making things up, and second,  Learn The Game.

[/QUOTE]

Umm YES he does. Every third draft or so he drafts a QB and the media sits there asks why, almost mocking him because he has Brady and he doesn't need another.

Now, you see many teams following suit and cultviating multiple QBs. One, QBs obviously get injured.  Two, a developed QB is cheaper than a pricier back up.  And 3, as we see some teams are able to use those developed QBs as trade chips to invest in future drafts.

YOU LOSE

[/QUOTE]

Not really boy wonder. You specifically said bb has a penchant for drafting QB's, cultivating them, and cashing them in for draft picks. Cassel is the only one. Bledsoe as someone else said was drafted per BB. He cashed in a chip he didn't draft so this doesn't count. oconnel, hoyer, etc were not cashed I'm for picks.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Cassel In - Mallett Out?

[QUOTE]

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I saw Adam Schefter on TV yesterday speculating that the Chiefs will release Cassel who has not worked out for them at all.  Obviously they will be drafting a QB at the top of the draft.  And they have Quinn as a backup.

He went on to say that the Pats could very well pick up MC as a backup.  Then trade Ryan Mallett, possibly for draft picks they are short of currently.

I think all of this is very plausible.  If I am RM's agent I do not let this kid wait around for possibly 5 more years without getting any playing time.  And the Pats might get a serviceable backup without giving up anything.

[/QUOTE]

If Mallett is not Tom Brady's heir apparent, that's a bad thing. The Pats spent a fairly high 3rd round pick to get Mallett. If he hasn't shown that he's got the goods to be a good NFL QB, who would be willing to part with anything of consequence for him? As for Matt Cassel, who wants him back? The Pats need to find a young QB who they can groom to eventually replace the aging Brady. 

If the Pats don't win the SB this season, perhaps the time has come to entertain the idea of trading Brady for a bevy of high draft picks? If that happens and Tom gets traded, than bringing back Cassel to hold the fort while the Pats groom a long term replacement would make sense. 

[/QUOTE]

LOL

What a shock. TPat doesn't get it either.  Are you seriously this confused? Don't you think it's a little funny that the dumb media and fans always say "Why is BB drafting a QB so high with Brady there"?

They whiffed on O'Connell in 2008, but Mallett was a better player than O'Connell in college. If Mallett was made the team so far, with BB keeping only 2 Qbs now on the roster, what does that tell you?

By all accounts, Mallett has been a film rat, kept in great shape and just received the best grooming any QB could get in this league learning from a master like Brady and under BB.

If I am a GM anywhere in this league with a QB problem, I am a lot more interested in changing more fortunes with a Mallett than a Matt Barkley. No doubt.

You think you're so intelligent with your little troll weekly review stuff here, but you just proved you aren't.  It's a bad thing that BB adds draft picks to future drafts by leveraging chips?

You either aren't very bright or shouldn't be talking about things you know little about.

[/QUOTE]

Rusty, you're a living example to the old saying, "the empty barrel makes the most noise." Since you're such a dogmatic boor, I usually don't waste my time with you. But I'm in a bit of a feisty mood today...so let's have at it.

Exactly what is it that I don't get? Is your point that, because the Patriots have Tom Brady, that they shouldn't continue to try to develop depth at the QB position? If that's your opinion, than you are on an island, my friend. You never stop developing the QB position, as it is the most important position on the field. In case it has escaped your "keen eye", Tom is 35 years old. He can't go on forever.

Mallett was rated as the top QB on the Patriots' draft board, in 2011. The sole reason why he fell to the 3rd round were perceived off-field immaturity matters...which thus far haven't manifested themselves. I haven't seen enough of him at the pro level to know whether or not he can play. Have you?     

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Umm, no I didn't. I KNOW he only cashed in on Cassel. I said he is one of the only GMs who ATTEMPTS doing it.

Attempts.

And that's true.  Hoyer was undrafted.  Mallett was 1st rd talent which means BB has a chip here.

[/QUOTE]

That's not true goofy. You have no proof whatsoever that this is what BB is "attempting". You just  make this shyte up as you go and call it facts. LMAO@U

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Teams want QBs, especially ones being tutored in NE.   BB knows this.

[/QUOTE]

You mean like how they were all lining up to give us a 2nd rounder for Hoyer? LMAO@U

[/QUOTE]

No one is giving anyone a high rd pick for an UDFA QB without any real game experience.

I would have been thrilled with a 5th rd pick.  No harm, no foul. An UDFA didn't lose us a draft pick originally.

[/QUOTE]

But he was "tutored in NE" wasn't he?

I thought you just said "Teams want QBs, especially ones being tutored in NE.   BB knows this."

You can't even keep what you lied about in your last post straight with your next post.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

To me it's a no-brainer. If you get the right deal for Mallett, you take it. Whether it's Cassel coming back to the Pats or not is irrelevant. You can get backups anywhere/anytime. Maybe you even get Hoyer back.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to trouts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

To me it's a no-brainer. If you get the right deal for Mallett, you take it. Whether it's Cassel coming back to the Pats or not is irrelevant. You can get backups anywhere/anytime.

[/QUOTE]

That's why you aren't even going to get a 3rd for Mallet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

the patriots wouldn't get much for mallet at this point. he hasn't played, he may be worthy of a first round pick or he could be a 5th round pick but no team, other than maybe the jets would risk a high pick for him. either way BB knows what his potential is, he's proven to be pretty good at evalulating quarterbacks when he sees them in practice.