cassel,s contract is larger then bradys

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

cassel,s contract is larger then bradys

this has always been a head scratcher to me.there are a lot of contracts that are given to players that are far more then what the real great ones get in the league.when they only have had one good year,or only look average at best.brady got his new contract in 2005,and its lower then cassels contract yes he took some cuts to sign players,but his original contract was still lower.nothing against cassel,but why do teams give huge money to a player who has only shined for one year?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/14/big-money-for-cassel/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsChowder. Show PatsChowder's posts

Re: cassel contract is larger then bradys

Cassel certainly owes the Chiefs... he got playing time in New England, he got a starting gig, he got a 6-year deal all thanks to them.

I'm sure Brady will be crying into his Super Bowl rings when he sees that Cassel makes more.

It's no surprise that the QBs that have taken paycuts end up getting better support.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: cassel contract is larger then Matt Leinart's

How does this make Matt Leinart feel?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: cassel contract is larger then Matt Leinart's:
    Posted by Paul_K
    oh you can bet he is feeling real good.not to mention cassel is starting,while he is riding the bench,and being a top draft pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: cassel,s contract is larger then bradys

I doubt Tom is too upset over what Cassel is making. Let's not forget, this is only speculation, as the article stated they have yet to get confirmation on the actual numbers. In any case, there are a lot of players who are earning more in 09 than like ones did in 05. Four years is a lot of time in the NFL. Besides, Giselle is the highest paid model in the world, and makes Haynesworth look underpaid! I'd wager Tom is more concerned with a fourth ring than a few bucks!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I don't think Brady will lose any sleep over Cassels contract. He likes making money but likes winning even more from what I can see. Good for Cassell to finally getting his day after years of sticking in there and working hard. Now lets get this season started!
    Go Pats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Moss, Don't feel sorry for Brady.  He travels the globe by private jet and hits a super model.

I'd say he's doing OK. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The real question is why does anyone care? seriously guys? Take pride in the fact that our QB does not need a huge contract to be happy. We have a guy who only cares about winning and putting a good team together in order to do that. What do we care what othe rguys are getting paid? why does it matter? The Patriots do not make such bone headed moves like Cassle just got in KC so why do we care? It does not apply to us cause our team doesnt do such things. I say s crew the rest of the league. I do not care who is being paid what unless they are a Pat and even then I dont really care. So Brady is only making 14 mill this year dear god! only 14 million! who cares! This is football who the heck cares about a players contract? cassel made out like a bandet good for him, he got paid and now if he falls on his face he is set for life. good for him, what do i care. Not our problem if he falls on his face and if he does well Belichick will pick him a part everytime he plays in NE so i can care less.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

And let us all never, never forget....Tom has this...

lucky man

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I can not see the picture, whats it a picture of his super hot wife?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Now we know the definition of team player:Tom Brady and at the same time we found out the definition of a me guy:Matt Cassel,Peyton,and of course Cutler..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

In Response to Re: cassel contract is larger then Matt Leinart's:
    Posted by Paul_K

Honestly, when this guy came into the league it was obvious he waited a year too long.  He had a suspect arm for accuracy and distance and an amazing team (not just an offense) behind him.  If he had come out the prior year he would have gone to San Fran 1st overall, no doubt about it.  Right now he should be more concerned with the fact that he can't earn a starting job as a 1st round pick.

I'm happy for Cassel.  The more I thought about it this year I think he's got a ton of upside.  This was really the first season he played since high school.  He may have a step back this year without as many weapons but I believe within two years he will be a force.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Good for Cassel. He sat down all those years in college then for us. Finally got his big chance and he ran with it. Now, I'm one of the those who thought he should have been cut after training camp. Yes his supporting cast here was a huge part of his success last year. But by the end of the last year he was playing as well as any QB in the league.  So I say good for him. This was his big payday. He may only get one. Tom on the other hand cares more about winning games than making the largest contact in the league. He has redone his contract so that we could sign players. That says it all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

I doubt Brady cares. He makes plenty of money from the Pats and endorsements to do whatever he wants and he understands that the little bit more freed up under the cap can be spent elsewhere to help ensure he plays on a contender his entire carreer. Besides Super Bowl wins increase endorsement money.

And Harley's right, plus these legs are standing on her own pile of

$$$$$$$$$$$

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Two Words. Scott Mitchell, got a big contract and never did a damn thing, aside from play well in maybe five games. The money you make is not always directly correlated with how great you are at your job. Congrats to Cassell.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

In fact he does NOT make more than Brady. Cassel's 63 mil a year for 6 years averages out to just over 10 mil a year. Brady makes 11 on average.

Aside from that I think it's good for all parties concerned - The Chiefs get a good QB, and Cassel makes crazy bank. Hopefully this is bad for the Chargers haha =)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

In Response to Re: cassel,s contract is larger then bradys:
    Two Words. Scott Mitchell, got a big contract and never did a damn thing, aside from play well in maybe five games. The money you make is not always directly correlated with how great you are at your job. Congrats to Cassell.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz

Well said Hannah, The Scott Mitchell comparison is right on the head.  I like Matt and wish him well, but I don't see Cassel living up to this contract by a long shot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Anybody who is in a contract and cares significantly about the contracts of others should make sure to never sign more than a one year deal every year until they are out of the league.  

That will solve the problem of contract jealousy. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Evil i just now realized that quote at the bottom of your posts. The Princess Bride? really? LOL classic man classic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I wish Matt nothing but success in KC, however, they are in a rebuilding phase that could take three years. I also believe that trading Gonzalez could hamper the development of Cassell (a nice big target in the end zone is always a good thing). This is a very young team and players like Vrabal and Zach Thomas could be gone by year two of the rebuilding phase. I mean, dude, they actually have Monty Beisel in their line-up. Predictions that KC will win the AFC West are wildly inaccurate.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I think Cassel will do well. A lot of people are saying he only won as many games as he did because he had a great team around him. But as the season progressed he improved and put up some hefty numbers. He certainly won't win 11 games in KC, but he will play smart and help the team. Losing Gonzo surely hurts him, but they have a pretty good receiver in Bowe. Actually, the biggest problem in KC last season was that they couldn't stop anyone from scoring, especially in the 4th quarter. The Chargers beat them twice, but only by a single point each time. If they can get their defense on track (and pick up another good WR for Cassel) I could see them becoming contenders in that division. Maybe not this season, but in the next couple years. I think Matt will surprise a lot of people, though he may not be worth over $60 million. In any event, I'm sure Tom Brady does not begrudge him a thing. They are good friends, and I'm sure Tom is happy for him. Besides, Giselle made more than Cassel's entire contract last year alone! I don't think they'll be hurting for money any time soon!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

The real question is why does anyone care? seriously guys? Take pride in the fact that our QB does not need a huge contract to be happy. We have a guy who only cares about winning and putting a good team together in order to do that. What do we care what othe rguys are getting paid? why does it matter? The Patriots do not make such bone headed moves like Cassle just got in KC so why do we care? It does not apply to us cause our team doesnt do such things. I say s crew the rest of the league. I do not care who is being paid what unless they are a Pat and even then I dont really care. So Brady is only making 14 mill this year dear god! only 14 million! who cares! This is football who the heck cares about a players contract? cassel made out like a bandet good for him, he got paid and now if he falls on his face he is set for life. good for him, what do i care. Not our problem if he falls on his face and if he does well Belichick will pick him a part everytime he plays in NE so i can care less.
    Posted by MVPkilla
    its more like what kind of money will be shelled out the next time?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/15/what-the-elite-qbs-stand-to-make/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In fact he does NOT make more than Brady. Cassel's 63 mil a year for 6 years averages out to just over 10 mil a year. Brady makes 11 on average. Aside from that I think it's good for all parties concerned - The Chiefs get a good QB, and Cassel makes crazy bank. Hopefully this is bad for the Chargers haha =)
    Posted by timesedge
    bradys is 6rs 60 million.with 26 million up front.cassels is 6 for 63, 28mil up front.its not by much.sure im happy for cassel,but its crazy how the money keeps getting higher.and will be even higher,when the elite players contracts are up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from horrifying. Show horrifying's posts

Cassel's contract may be a motivator for Bardy to have a blow out year to show the world who is really the big dog.

Sections
Shortcuts