CBS New 4 Staff Mock: at 29 is(carradine, hunt, WERNER, short, datone jones) who you got?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

CBS New 4 Staff Mock: at 29 is(carradine, hunt, WERNER, short, datone jones) who you got?

if it plays out like they seem to have it 

at 29, you can have carradine, hunt, WERNER, short, and some have datone jones avail.

who you got?

id def take werner or carradine.

carradine has the highest upside a top 10 pick without the knee injury. it will take a year for him to be 100%

werner is a healthy pass rusher de now in a 4-3.

carradine can also drop back in space.

i def woudl take one of them (and then go wr)

i dont know if bb wants werner with more production for more years, better first step and ready now vs carradine who also can drop into space but will not be 100% for a while.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

Re: CBS New 4 Staff Mock: at 29 is(carradine, hunt, WERNER, short, datone jones) who you got?

most of the mocks I've seen have Werner in the top 10-12, surprised they having him falling that far, so I havent really thought about him. I know you've been a big Carradine guy Bred; any thoughts on why they think Werner might be there?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: CBS New 4 Staff Mock: at 29 is(carradine, hunt, WERNER, short, datone jones) who you got?

In response to wmasschilly's comment:

most of the mocks I've seen have Werner in the top 10-12, surprised they having him falling that far, so I havent really thought about him. I know you've been a big Carradine guy Bred; any thoughts on why they think Werner might be there?

hey wmasschilly,

he started as a top 5-10 pick. all of sudden everyone is dropping him down slowly until some have him at 29 or 30. and theyre not unique. hes coming down on reputable boards.

by the way, dont believe weve met till now; are you new, have an older identity or just post in threads i tend not to read.

peace

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

test

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

hey wmasschilly,

he started as a top 5-10 pick. all of sudden everyone is dropping him down slowly until some have him at 29 or 30. and theyre not unique. hes coming down on reputable boards.

by the way, dont believe weve met till now; are you new, have an older identity or just post in threads i tend not to read.

peace

All the players mentioned has lot of obvious upside. 

I've noticed Werner dropping on a lot of boards as well. There has to be a reason for this correct? Anyone have any ideas why? I really hope the Pats pick up another impact big lineman. O or D doesn't matter to me. It might not be a sexy pick but they are usually the more successful picks..........with the Pats at least. Hehe. 

Its funny to me how some of you look at the number of posts as validation for the poster. Maybe wmass doesn't post much, like myself.  Having seen alot of the nonsense here can you blame him?  I've been trying to comment more but too many discussions get derailed with personal battles and topic changes. It's too bad really, because some of the post are clearly thought out and articulated very well. I wish people could agree/disagree with a valid point, and leave it at that so others can post as well.  If people don't respond to the obvious prodding by the "trolls" then they'll get bored and go away. Seriously, just ignore them. 

Now back to the topic! Haha. Like I said before, a BIG lineman would be a smart safe pick. Go Pats. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

hey wmasschilly,

peace

Hey Bred, ya kind of like Wonderdrums said I've been reading this Board daily for years I just don't often post---but I appreciate the all the info that I get from guys who do

I don't get a chance to watch much college football so the draft threads are where i get a "crash course" which is why I know you've been high on Carradine (last year you were out front on Janoris Jenkins from the get go) so keep up the good work Mate!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

at 29, you can have carradine, hunt, WERNER, short, and some have datone jones avail.

who you got?

carradine has the highest upside a top 10 pick without the knee injury. it will take a year for him to be 100%

i dont know if bb wants werner with more production for more years, better first step and ready now vs carradine who also can drop into space but will not be 100% for a while.

Carradine, if not injuried a top 15 talent. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

No way we are waiting on a guy for a year . . . TB gets older each and every year . . . I want us playing in the Meadow Lands in this Super Bowl to stick it up the Jets rear exhaust!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to wonderdrums' comment:

hey wmasschilly,

peace

All the players mentioned has lot of obvious upside. 

I've noticed Werner dropping on a lot of boards as well. There has to be a reason for this correct? Anyone have any ideas why? I really hope the Pats pick up another impact big lineman. O or D doesn't matter to me. It might not be a sexy pick but they are usually the more successful picks..........with the Pats at least. Hehe. 

Its funny to me how some of you look at the number of posts as validation for the poster. Maybe wmass doesn't post much, like myself.  Having seen alot of the nonsense here can you blame him?  I've been trying to comment more but too many discussions get derailed with personal battles and topic changes. It's too bad really, because some of the post are clearly thought out and articulated very well. I wish people could agree/disagree with a valid point, and leave it at that so others can post as well.  If people don't respond to the obvious prodding by the "trolls" then they'll get bored and go away. Seriously, just ignore them. 

Now back to the topic! Haha. Like I said before, a BIG lineman would be a smart safe pick. Go Pats. 

i agree with your sentiments completely and say so on the board. the draft thread is the rare exception.

by the way, who assigns vvlaue by # of posts. certainly not i or you it seems.

thaks for the intelligent and respectful post.

hey!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

hey wmasschilly,

peace

Hey Bred, ya kind of like Wonderdrums said I've been reading this Board daily for years I just don't often post---but I appreciate the all the info that I get from guys who do

I don't get a chance to watch much college football so the draft threads are where i get a "crash course" which is why I know you've been high on Carradine (last year you were out front on Janoris Jenkins from the get go) so keep up the good work Mate!

right on mate! glad youre reading (and just bypasing the childishness)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to tenace4life's comment:

No way we are waiting on a guy for a year . . . TB gets older each and every year . . . I want us playing in the Meadow Lands in this Super Bowl to stick it up the Jets rear exhaust!

tenace4life, hell play this year, just be better next. so youre in on werner if there.....?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

who you got?

Carradine, if not injuried a top 15 talent. 

5-15 but so was werner....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Carradine if we can get Abraham or Freeney and put him on the 6 week PUP

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Carradine if we can get Abraham or Freeney and put him on the 6 week PUP

hey rame!

better get abraham. shouldnt have let him leave

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Hey bred!

I kinda feel that Abraham was told there is a standing offer for 1.4-1.8 million (with bonus $ as well) and that he's welcome to skip the June-July portion of training camp and sign on in August.

With all the money he'd made I'm sure he'd have to get an offer of 3 million or more in the next month to keep him from signing in late July or early August. Freeney may be in the same boat.

Either way, with one of those vets here I'd feel pretty comfortable taking Tank at 29, putting him on the PUP until he is 100%, and then seeing after 6 games how we're looking at DE, are Bequette or Cunningham doing anything? Is the veteran gassed or hurt?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In response to tenace4life's comment:

tenace4life, hell play this year, just be better next. so youre in on werner if there.....?

Hunt or Werner . . . I have the feeling Werner will be gone and Hunt is more of a BB type player . . .

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Jones and Hunt are both options if BB is planning to switch back to more 3-4 next year. Jones could contribute right away but has less upside, I wouldn't be surprised if Hunt is the better player from 2014 on, but may need some seasoning.

You'd need to know and do several things to have this transition be an INSTANT success in 2013.

A. Be sure that Chandler Jones can play with his hand off the ground and in space, mimicking the McGinest role, a true Elephant type pass rusher who can come to the line or fall back and be an OLB (can Cunningham or Bequette contribute in this way?)

B. Pick Datone Jones over Hunt b/c you'd want instant impact

C. Pick a cover LB'er in rd 2 or 3 (like Sio Moore or Alonzo)

D. Be confident that of the multiple mediocre/unknown DT's on this team 2-3 can be at least an average to above average DE

Kelly can play SOME 3-4, but really can't set the edge there vs. the run and should only be used as a rusher. Deaderick played some 3-4 as a rookie, so did Love, but neither seemed to shine in that role, both seem best as reserve DT's, Deaderick in a rush role and Love a run-stopping one.

Armstead is a wild card, maybe he'd best as a 3-4 end? Who knows yet.

As for the LB's... Cunningham and Nink would be great at OLB's in a 3-4, playing in a 3 man weave with Chandler Jones and maybe Cunningham. Mayo is an all-pro ILB as he showed '08-'10 and Spikes can lay the wood there as well but needs a cover LB inside to help out.

Sections
Shortcuts