CBSSportsline unanimously picks Giants...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ripper007. Show Ripper007's posts

CBSSportsline unanimously picks Giants...

Across the board, their experts took the Giants. Can we put this up in the Pats locker in Indy? More bulletin board material! Google "super bowl picks CBS"

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: CBSSportsline unanimously picks Giants...

Ummmm, when someone doesnt pick you to win the SB, thats not bulletin Board material.

Why would we get all excited because someone didnt pick us??

You dont think both teams have a 50/50 chance to win?

enough of this  'Nobody is picking us ' crap. Be Happy about it.

We dont do well as frontrunners and even if they picked the Giants, we are still favored and the Giants think THEY are the underdogs.

It matters not come sunday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Oh well, NE might as well just forfeit the game then. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I am loving the fact the Pats are not respected by the talking heads. How many of them picked the Ravens over the Pats? A lot of them and they were all eating the crow afterwoods.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

actually rusty, jay understands what it means...what he was implying was you don't think they have a 50/50 chance to win regardless of the cbs picking the giants across the board?

i think you're both smart young men.  play nice in the sandbox.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nonola. Show nonola's posts

Seriously, the giants wouldn't even be there if the kid from a baseball family used a glove to catch the ball for the 49ers. Eli is still Eli. Just because he was better this year then last, doesn't mean he did not throw 26 picks last year. That's twice as much as Bradys worst year. It very very rare that Brady ( to use his word) sucks two games in a row. Finally, the weird stuff, what Patriot fan doesn't think twice about Myra and wide left?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In Response to Re: CBSSportsline unanimously picks Giants...:
    [QUOTE]Ummmm, when someone doesnt pick you to win the SB, thats not bulletin Board material. Why would we get all excited because someone didnt pick us?? You dont think both teams have a 50/50 chance to win? enough of this  'Nobody is picking us ' crap. Be Happy about it. We dont do well as frontrunners and even if they picked the Giants, we are still favored and the Giants think THEY are the underdogs. It matters not come sunday.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Nothing I have read or heard gives me the sense that the Giants actually think they are the underdogs. I am not sure they can envision the strategy NE will use to beat them.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i hope every single expert picks the giants, it would make it even sweeter if the pats could pull this off

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CBSSportsline unanimously picks Giants... : We've already covered that, multiple times. He's been pumping that annnoying line for over 48 hours. Everyone here says this is a very good match up and has total respect for the Giants.  For crying out loud, they beat NE this year!!  And almost the same team beat NE in SB 42.  So, enough with this lecturing from Shizzly. Shouldn't he be lecturing CBS Sportsline for not being closer to 50/50?  He never makes sense.  It's apparent, what's coming from the other direction is arrogance, entitlement, and cockiness from the Giants, backed by a raging anti-NE media, which was predicted by many here, including myself. It's actually been WORSE and more obvious than I expected, however. Just last Monday, NBC Sports Network was OUTRAGED at NE being favored, even by 3 points. Again, I think this is funny, because it actually plays right into what BB does best, and that is challenge players he believes in. NY is in for a rude awakening if they think they're going to cupcake in somehow dominate the Pats. I also go by facts and reality, why Shizzly does not.  NE holds the smallest spread as a favorite in the SB in 30 years. Frankly, I don't care, other than pointing out how funny this will be if NE wins the SB.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

all i was saying is that you're misunderstanding him, he doesn't care about them being closer to 50/50, he was saying it doesn't matter who they pick or not, we have a 50/50 shot at winning.

you must type very quickly.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Well 76, I dont know what you have been watching and frankly it really doesnt matter because once the game starts it will all be over.

The media has a job to do.

I see Rusty is still stalking me after I asked him yesterday to leave me alone....wow!

I dont know whats worse  

The fact that he stalks me around and I have him on ignore or the fact that he tries to make me look bad and it backfires on him. How many times now.

I dont play with kids, but thanks phsmith for letting me know someone is still thinking about me..

Rusty:  "Please someone get shizzzle off the board!, he keeps exposing me for the fruad I am and he is ruining my campaign for King"  "I speak for ALL honest pats fans and We want you gone, dont we guys?"   lol

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

@jay - no prob, i dig most of your posts, and usually agree...

@rusty - why don't you ignore shizzle, and then he won't annoy you?  it's a nice little button...

i'm just glad i don't have to get aggravated reading what that old grouch 1966 has to say anymore.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I hope EVERYONE on EVERY network picks the Giants. Then I can truly enjoy watching and hearing them all eat crow when the Pats come out winners.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CBSSportsline unanimously picks Giants... : Everyone here says this is a very good match up and has total respect for the Giants.  Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

That isn't true, in the prediction thread one person said he thinks the Giants would win and about 4 people jumped on him. I think NEGame told him to go back to the Celtics board.

There's also been a few threads writing off the Giants (not including the absurd Mighty threads). I agree with Shizzle on this one, I don't see why people are worked up over predictions, they're entitled to their opinions too - whether they're their actual thoughts or just what the networks are telling them to say, doesn't really matter. Are people just realizing now that media outlets will say anything to get people to watch? Even if the Patriots win the game I'm sure they'll be some networks that still don't give them any respect.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]Well 76, I dont know what you have been watching and frankly it really doesnt matter because once the game starts it will all be over. The media has a job to do. I see Rusty is still stalking me after I asked him yesterday to leave me alone....wow! I dont know whats worse   The fact that he stalks me around and I have him on ignore or the fact that he tries to make me look bad and it backfires on him. How many times now. I dont play with kids, but thanks phsmith for letting me know someone is still thinking about me.. Rusty:  "Please someone get shizzzle off the board!, he keeps exposing me for the fruad I am and he is ruining my campaign for King"  "I speak for ALL honest pats fans and We want you gone, dont we guys?"   lol
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

I think both teams will bring great focus to this game becasue it is the SB. Any builliten board material is probably not going to jack one team or the other up too much.

However, NY having beaten NE twice can't help but being a bit more comfortable going into the game. Alo fans and analysts, remembering the last two games can't help from perceiving the Giants to have an edge.

Las Vegas is cold and calculating and I like to think they measure the true advantage, 2.5 points Pats advantage. So it that is the best estimate of where these teams are at but the media is coming down on the Giants side..that is bias.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I am saying the true 'experts' are in the back offices in Vegas. On average they are correct.

How the media and pundits fall realtive to the LV line is based more of history, emotion, etc... in other words bias.

so I guess I am agreeing with Rusty..there is a bias out there that underestimated the PAts..great! welcome back to 2001!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

Vegas doesn't care who wins as long as even money is placed on both teams.  That way they are guarranteed 5% of the total handle.  If a lot of late money comes in on the Giants you will see the spread drop.  If not it will stay at 3 points. 

This can't be due to fan favoritism.  It's because people with real money (I'm talking />$1000) in the game  and who study pro football closely think that Pats SHOULD be favored and half of them are comfortable giving the points.

The CBS staff is not that sophisticated.  They're just trying to keep their NYC fan base happy.

And at ESPN, Tom Jackson wouldn't pick the Pats under any circumstances over any team with at least a .500 record. I'm still hoping that Chris Berman goes with the Pats.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nonola. Show nonola's posts

It's already dropped to 21/2 points and is expected to go to 2 by kickoff. Doesnt matter anyway. Giants win a close game or Pats win a close game. Only blowout overwhelmingly favors the Pats. The CBS,NBC, espn and Fox talking heads get paid for their picks/choices. No need to read anything else in to any of their point of views.

Sections
Shortcuts