CBSSportsline unanimously picks Giants...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Re: CBSSportsline unanimously picks Giants...

In Response to Re: CBSSportsline unanimously picks Giants...:
    Vegas doesn't care who wins as long as even money is placed on both teams.  That way they are guarranteed 5% of the total handle.  If a lot of late money comes in on the Giants you will see the spread drop.  If not it will stay at 3 points.  This can't be due to fan favoritism.  It's because people with real money (I'm talking />$1000) in the game  and who study pro football closely think that Pats SHOULD be favored and half of them are comfortable giving the points. The CBS staff is not that sophisticated.  They're just trying to keep their NYC fan base happy. And at ESPN, Tom Jackson wouldn't pick the Pats under any circumstances over any team with at least a .500 record. I'm still hoping that Chris Berman goes with the Pats.
    Posted by jimijazz

Good point, the expertise in Vegas is a conglomeration of all the smart money..which like you say is probably more educated than the netwwork guys. Either way the point spread is the closest representaion to the real measure of which team should win.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

It's already dropped to 21/2 points and is expected to go to 2 by kickoff. Doesnt matter anyway. Giants win a close game or Pats win a close game. Only blowout overwhelmingly favors the Pats. The CBS,NBC, espn and Fox talking heads get paid for their picks/choices. No need to read anything else in to any of their point of views.
    Posted by nonola

Is that true?  I just checked Bovda and it's still listed at 3.0 pts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

JayShizzle, this IS bulletin board material. Maybe not for you, but for the players, I'm sure it's motivation. We all understand that CBS and every sports network has a job to do, and their picks are not meant to be personal (although some of them are). Don't think that the players care. They will take it personally as a sign of disrespect, and if they don't, then a good coach will make them feel that way.

I'm sure if the media were picking the Giants, they would be pretty angry too. It's the mark of a good football team to have that extra competitiveness and desire to prove the doubters wrong. I don't think the Giants are real happy with Vegas favoring the Patriots.

As for how all this bulletin board material affects the game, I think you're right. We will see Sunday. Based on the Patriots record under Belichick, I'd have to say it has a significant impact. From what I recall, every time the Patriots were regarded as underdogs, they have came out and trounced the competition.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Kev, it may be true, but if the players are following B.B.'s orders they wont even be wacthing CBS to see what garbage they have to say.

I am of the theory, if you need motivation at this level you are in the wrong game.

You are facing a team that beat you earlier in the regular season and in preseason and took away the Pats perfect season 4 years ago.

If thats enough motivation, what is?

Are they playing the Giants or the CBS media?

The worst thing you can do is start focusing on other things besides preparation, and me personally I just feel some are making a big deal out of nothing.

The Pats cant get any more motivated by this stuff.

When a player is getting is a ss whooped and needs to draw on something to pull himself out of it you think he is gonna harken back to what some clown on CBS said or is he gonna lean on Vince or lean on what he has all season or what B.B. tells him?

Stop thinking the media has an effect on the game, they dont.

Now in 07, maybe they helped us feel even more confident which hurt us, IMO, but this team has been humbled all year, they are ONE in that locker room and IF they are in the hotel watching CBs instead of film then they deserve to lose  imo

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Yeah I see what you're saying Jay. You really can't be more motivated to win a Super Bowl. But I think you can get angrier, more fired up.

You mentioned '07, and I think the media did have an impact on that game. It might have made our team overconfident, but I think it also made the Giants team angry. They came out with an edge and played very physical from the start.

You're absolutely right. In the 4th quarter, when everything's on the line, there isn't a single player thinking about what CBS said. But I think if you come out with a little more steam and you start out a little hotter, then that may be enough to change the outcome of the game.

I know the Patriots are locked in and going to be super motivated to win, and maybe you're right. Maybe the whole favorites-underdog thing is irrelevant. I just think that the Giants, with the help of the media, are setting themselves up for failure with all this brash talk and cocky attitude.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Kev, I completely agree about 07'

I talked it about last year and one particular person said I read too much into, but thankfully Troy Brown told me what I wanted to hear and thats "we were a little overconfident and wilted under the pressure of 19-0"

I would give that game to the Ravens in week 14 to be able to get that Lombardi and say screw perfection.

Ever since the 2nd week of media coverage I felt sick about the game. My thinking was and still is, there is NO perfect team and thats why we lost.

The media asked Brady about a Giants player prediction being the Giants 20, Pats 17 and Brady laughed out loud and said "really? they only gave us 17 points" 

This is when I knew we were done. I still watched the game, but I was never confident.

You tell a team for 2 weeks they cant be beaten, and tell the other team they have no chance and thats what happens. Strahan had them fired UP!!!

Now its a bit different IMO. We have been humbled and bashed all year instead of people sweating us.

Both teams are trying to use the underdogg role when really we are well matched.

I do agree a strong start is imperative and any extra motivation would help early but they just have to be controlled emotions and not going outside the system

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

"Troy Brown told me" lol! THis is like RKarp's "I had dinner with Bruschi and he told me the Jets will win" This is funnier than a Curb Your Enthusiasm episode.
    Posted by RustyGriswold

It's an expression.

When someone get on your bad side you really don't give them a break!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Let him hang himself.

So far each attempt to clown me has backfired on him.

Far be it for him to admit that he was wrong.

I guess I should be taking what YOU say as fact and not what a guy sais who actually played on the team...lol

Dam, Rusty i am starting to sense a little jealousy.  Every attempt at demeaning me has gone bad for you. It seems not everyone is on your anti-shizzle campaign and I cant for the life of me understand why you just dont ignore me.

It will help you out. This way you will stop trying to make me look bad and actually do just that to yourself instead.  keep trying though. 

You were wrong about Bradys comments....why not just say that?

As far as Rame, you are probably jealous that he knows an ex pats player.

When you live in Boston or get out to other places you will meet people. Sorry for you that you have no stories of meetings with players.

For a die hard fan you sure do give  a lot of shyt to ex players who are responsible for  our successs in the past.

Why so hard on Bruschc, Law or Brown for that matter?

They are all cool dudes. I guess thats why you dont relate...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

The Pats cant get any more motivated by this stuff.

first off, you don't know what motivates the Pats and what doesn't. Since you don't, and since I don't, I'm glad to see more potential motivation coming in - why not? I think you'd agree that it doesn't hurt, so the two choices are that it either has no effect, or adds fuel to the fire. Since you can't prove it has no effect you might as well be happy that there is more potential motivation from the media coming in. 

the other point you totally missed is that it's ridiculous that in a game with two evenly matched teams that virtually all the talking heads are picking the Giants. Again, this is great for the Pats, underdog mojo is far better than overdog mojo. 

in this case you really have no argument so you might as well move on to another thread.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Let him hang himself. So far each attempt to clown me has backfired on him.
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Don't know , looks like he gets under your skin quite easily.

You have him on ignore right?

I guess you have to use the ignore capability of your own will and not read the replies to his posts either.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I know 76.

Its hard when i am just doing me and then i see a response that he is talking about me again.

I told him several times to ignore me the way i do to him.

I am not even saying I cant talk football with him, but he has shown every time that he cant talk football with me. He just tries to assault my character, make up stuff so people will agree with him and talk about me when Im not there and thats pathetic and I will call him out. He knows this. I have told him if he cant talk football with me and can only resort to name calling and driving his campaign to be king, we have nothing to discuss. I dont come here to play kids games and I enjoy the board  with him on ignore until I see he is still stalking me.  Not once has he responded about anything football related to me because he has no argument. HE has done this 3 times already today and twice yesterday.  WHo knows how many other times that I dont know. I only catch it when someone responds to it and mentions me also

All this from a guy who said HE is just trying to be a pats fan and isnt combative....lmao.

Rus has never met a post he didnt want to comment on.  He cant resist. The thing is you would think he would stop as its getting him nowhere.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Kev, I completely agree about 07' I talked it about last year and one particular person said I read too much into, but thankfully Troy Brown told me what I wanted to hear and thats "we were a little overconfident and wilted under the pressure of 19-0" I would give that game to the Ravens in week 14 to be able to get that Lombardi and say screw perfection. Ever since the 2nd week of media coverage I felt sick about the game. My thinking was and still is, there is NO perfect team and thats why we lost. The media asked Brady about a Giants player prediction being the Giants 20, Pats 17 and Brady laughed out loud and said "really? they only gave us 17 points"  This is when I knew we were done. I still watched the game, but I was never confident. You tell a team for 2 weeks they cant be beaten, and tell the other team they have no chance and thats what happens. Strahan had them fired UP!!! Now its a bit different IMO. We have been humbled and bashed all year instead of people sweating us. Both teams are trying to use the underdogg role when really we are well matched. I do agree a strong start is imperative and any extra motivation would help early but they just have to be controlled emotions and not going outside the system
    Posted by JayShizzle45

You're contradicting yourself here.  On another post you say that it dosen't mean a thing and is not a motivating factor and here you are saying just the opposite.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to CBSSportsline unanimously picks Giants...:
    Across the board, their experts took the Giants. Can we put this up in the Pats locker in Indy? More bulletin board material! Google "super bowl picks CBS"
    Posted by Ripper007

Bulletin board material has no bearing on any game's outcome. Never did. You win with preparation, luck and well devised game plan. Talking from experience.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I suspect they unanimously picked the Pats in 2007.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Actually what I said is that it does not matter now.

It did matter in 07' because the team admitted it and it was MUCH more pressure than it was now when noone even expected us to get out the 1st round.

Sorry, you didnt understand.

THIS game hasnt been played yet so I said, IMO I dont think they need any more motivation. They have MHK, Brady supposedly washed up, 31st ranked defense.

I mean they are motivated already.

IN 07, I said how I felt before the game and said a pats players proved it by saying they were under pressure and the media may have helped them be overconfident.

So all I did was give my opinion on a game that hasnt played out and gave a quote from a player who was on the team in 07 for a game in which we know the result already.

how am I contradicting myself?

I am saying we arent undefeated this year and noone is telling us how great we are like back then.

The fact is like trollspanker sais, none of us know what motivates who and we are all speaking on opinion.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Also, I was referring the media hype at the Sb. You know the guys that are in front of you when you have your own podium.

These guys are talking about a CBS show which I dont believe they are watching or would care about.

This game hasnt been played yet so we wont know till after the game or maybe never what motivating factors were involved.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Actually what I said is that it does not matter now. It did matter in 07' because the team admitted it and it was MUCH more pressure than it was now when noone even expected us to get out the 1st round. Sorry, you didnt understand. THIS game hasnt been played yet so I said, IMO I dont think they need any more motivation. They have MHK, Brady supposedly washed up, 31st ranked defense. I mean they are motivated already. IN 07, I said how I felt before the game and said a pats players proved it by saying they were under pressure and the media may have helped them be overconfident. So all I did was give my opinion on a game that hasnt played out and gave a quote from a player who was on the team in 07 for a game in which we know the result already. how am I contradicting myself? I am saying we arent undefeated this year and noone is telling us how great we are like back then. The fact is like trollspanker sais, none of us know what motivates who and we are all speaking on opinion.
    Posted by JayShizzle45

No one is telling us how great we are?

It's just the opposite.  If anything, it's like the Giants are the second coming of the '85 Bears the way the media is picking them. 

I don't know about you but if I were a player for the Pats, I would feel totally disrespected and pissed off. 

That's just EXTRA motivation they could use in addition to the games they lost to the Giants and the whole MHK thing.

I for one like it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

If the stinkin' Cowboys manned-up just once the Giants would be sitting at home with an 8-8 record.

The Pats were 13-3 and all you hear about is their 31st ranked Defense and lack of deep threat and how well the Giants match up and how the Giants D line is so great.

From a media standpoint the Pats are totally disrespected.  That's definitely a motivating factor.  Wether it has any bearing on the game remains to be seen.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Unfortunately, they are correct. Patriots pathetic defense and Brady's inability against a good pass rush spell doom for us. Giants 34-14.

Sections
Shortcuts