Cedric Benson?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Cedric Benson?

Benson is still unsigned. I am not sure why. He has had 3 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons, is 29 and can run between the tackles. Why is he still around? Why isn't he in Foxbora trying out for Addai's spot?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Re: Cedric Benson?

old, injured, not much tread left.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Old and a bad seed. Don't won't this guy in the locker room around our young horses Ridley and Vareen

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

While I hope they add someone for depth and veteran leadership, Cedric Benson wouldn't be one of my choices.  Brady2Moss07 pretty much summed it up.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Cedric Benson?:
    Benson is still unsigned. I am not sure why. He has had 3 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons, is 29 and can run between the tackles. Why is he still around? Why isn't he in Foxbora trying out for Addai's spot?
    Posted by NYC

BB all but banished RB Stevan Ridley, after he had fumbled several times late last season. Benson has fumbled twelve (12) times over the past two years. No way that BB brings butter-fingers Benson aboard:
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/8419/cedric-benson

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

are we going to start threads on every player that is without a team?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Cedric Benson?:
    he is older, but did produce last year... bad seed though? where does this stuff come from?
    Posted by ricky12684

Google "cedric benson gay" and it may shed some light on that fact.

And before anyone makes assumptions, I'm not implying Benson IS gay, but there are seemingly anger issues surrounding that question, and those google results should let anyone know why he's unsigned.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

He pts the ball on the ground to much for the Bengals. It would be way too much for the Pats.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

He pts the ball on the ground to much for the Bengals. It would be way too much for the Pats.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Philskiw1 said it right in last post.  Benson FUMBLES Way too much!!  That's half the reason why the BUNGALS picked up BJGE b/c he doesn't!  Man, Ridley wasn't seen after he fumbled in playoff game vs Denver this past season, we would never see Benson....haha.

Give it time though, they'll see what they got down there at TCamp then re-evaluate the RB situation.  Keep in mind, we'll see seeing CUTS from teams as the next few weeks unfold, so maybe a team cuts a RB that could be of some value here and the Pats will hop on it. 
    They probably already have an idea of which RBs around the league have a good possibility of being cut....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm just glad a guy like this hasn't been signed by any team up to this point...guy really hasn't done much on the field and has done way too much off it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

We just let go of the rich mans Benson in BJGE, probably why the Bengals let him go and signed Benny. Both are slow plodding backs that can handle contact, absorb the 1st hit and fall forward. However we had the version that never fumbles as opposed to fumbles often, the version that doesn't get arrested as opposed to the one that does. The version that had 1,700 yards and 23 tds his 1st 2 years starting while battling injury. It doesn't make sense to bring in the bad version. I would much rather see what our 2nd and 3rd round RB's can do with a full off season and 2nd year of experience.

Addai, Grant, Benson = no thanks. In all honesty I'd rather have 37 year old Kevin Faulk.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

In response to "Re: Cedric Benson?":
    he is older, but did produce last year... bad seed though? where does this stuff come from? Posted by ricky12684
    Look up Cedric benson arrests

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

In response to "Re: Cedric Benson?":
    he is older, but did produce last year... bad seed though? where does this stuff come from? Posted by ricky12684
    Look up Cedric benson arrests

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I would guess that BB has a plan as far as RB is concerned. Ridley,Vereen,Woodhead and the 3 FB's are fighting for reps and don't forget the kid from BJGE's alma mater Bolden he is a load to bring down and he is deceptively quick. Other than that they also have the BB speed dial RB's of Morris and Faulk.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

IMO we are okay at RB, if they have a chance to get MJD I'd go for that but not Benson. He had a decent season last year but he's got some years and he's a little slower. Other than guys like Curtis Martin, backs have a short shelf life. Pass on Benson.

Sections
Shortcuts