Chad OchoCinco and Hard Knocks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Chad OchoCinco and Hard Knocks

Hey guys,

I dont know how many of you have been watching HBO's series Hard Knocks "Training Camp with the Bangels" but I have been watching and I am very impressed with Chad Ochocinco.

I know we have all said in the past what a good fit he would be with the Pats and I beleave that now more then ever. He lights it up as a WR and when he plays hard he is a top 5 WR hands down. But in last nights episode he went out to a bar and had some cameras with him. The man was responsible and professinal the entire time. He did not drink because he does not drink. He simply ordered a Redbull with Rasberry juice mixed drink so he could blend in and have a good time. he took pictures with anyone who asked and he was even offering to pay for people to take cabs home so they wouldnt drink and drive. Yea the guy tweets and loves the internet way too much but in the end he does not get in trouble, he doesnt make headline for driving drunk he makes headlines for talking too much.

After watching him behind the scenes with this show I have way more respect for him as a player and a person. He is not nearly as bad as people make him out to be. I would be glad to get this guy in a Pats uniform. Next weeks episdoe will surround the game against the Pats being played tonight and i am very excited to see what he has to say about the Pats and coach Belichick when he is being filmed leading up to the game, we all know how much he respects belichick and i would really love to see him on camera talking about something like that. You know he wants to play for the Pats.

This guy would be such a good addition to this team and when his contract is up i hope we make a real play for this guy as he will be a good player for a long time.

Would you guys want to see the Pats do hard Knocks? I would really love to see that kind of behind teh scenes footage of the Pats. the show is very in depth and it would be great to see Belichick in the light. He is such a good teacher and the show would highlight that. Plus all our players would be fun to watch on the show. I am hoping maybe we do the show next season. what do you think? I dont think it would be a distraction to this kind of team we are too good for that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Chad OchoCinco and Hard Knocks

It might be interesting to see, killa, but I don't know if Belichick would sign off on something like that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

He might, its not too intrusive. I have seen every season of teh show and it does not seem like too much of a hastle. Most of the time teh cameras are hidden so people dont even know their being filmed and you get some really great footage.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

always liked ochocinco

and a very good show to watch as well

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Rebel did you see last nights episode when Chad went to the bar and was being a pro through and through. He didnt have one single drink and he was even offering to pay for other peoples cabs so that they wouldnt drink and drive. People he didnt even know, just fans. The guy is a lot better then the media makes him out to be.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

yeah i did see that... its awesome to see the other side of him working as hard as anyone in camp....the show makes me like OCHOCINCO even more MVP.... the way he interracts with teammates and everyone seems to legit like him.... i never saw him as a problem like TO has been (a team killer blah blah)... Ocho is misunderstood and I would take him on my team anyday

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I haven't seen the show, but it occurs to me that Chad choreographing a "man of the people" image in public might be a marketing strategy.

Or maybe I'm just cynical.
    Cool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

dont blame you for that thought prairie but its more of the way he jokes.... he is genuinely hilarious and the teammates love interracting with him. they arent faking

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i bet he signs with us next season (when he will be a free agent) because he said he always wanted to play for belichick and he wants his ring.  If we are able to pick him up and possibly julius peppers that would be the best offseason ever. (not that i think both will happen, just hoping)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Mike I get why you would think that but I didnt think that one bit. He seems to be legit and it wouldnt be the first time the media has made a good guy look bad. In the locker room he looks great with his teammates and on the practice field he looks like his old self and in his public life he is keeping out of trouble as he always has and he very much looked the part of a true pro. I would be happy to have him in a Pats uniform.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Also in last night episode I saw Chris Henry the troubled WR from the Bangals make at least 4 one handed catches. The kid has loads of talent for someone who got into so much toruble when he was a bit younger. He seems to really want to keep his act together and stay out of trouble and if he can do so he could develop into a very good WR in this league. Heck Cris Carter didnt look that good till he stoped hitting teh bottle so hard and entered rehab and switched teams but then he was a hall of famer. This kid runs and catches like Moss. Maybe not as fast but man does he have talent.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Chad OchoCinco and Hard Knocks:
    [QUOTE]It might be interesting to see, killa, but I don't know if Belichick would sign off on something like that.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Bill would sign off on that in a heart-beat. Those two guys have a bonafide bro-mance going on.

The problem, which I have been repeating for a few seasons now and people still don't understand, is that he is not for sale!!!

The Bengals have turned down offers of two first roudners for him. End of story. Marv wants to keep him there to set an example that he won't be bullied.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

His contract is up after this season Z so there is a very good chance he is a Patriot by next season.

I watched him kick off and kic the PAT last night and thought to myself how awesome was it that teh same day this thread is out here talking about how good he is he comes in and plays kicker haha This guy is a great player and watching him behind the sceens on Hard Knocks has really made me respect him even more.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

In Response to Re: Chad OchoCinco and Hard Knocks:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chad OchoCinco and Hard Knocks : Bill would sign off on that in a heart-beat. Those two guys have a bonafide bro-mance going on. The problem, which I have been repeating for a few seasons now and people still don't understand, is that he is not for sale!!! The Bengals have turned down offers of two first roudners for him. End of story. Marv wants to keep him there to set an example that he won't be bullied.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

doesnt matter if he is for sale... he will be a free agent and can sign where he wants..... END OF STORY

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

And he wants to play in NE no doubt. This guy wants to go down as one of the best and that wont happen till he plays with Tom Brady!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Chad has a reasonably affordable $6 million club option for 2011.

Although it is a possibility, I wouldn't count on him being a FA until 2012.

And while he most definitely would come here in a trade, he also wants to get paid. That, after all, is what his whole thing in Cincy is about -- he makes 2/3 to 1/2 of the market rate on a WR of his value and complained.

If he is a FA the chances that he makes it here get much slimmer, because other teams with better cap situations and more need at WR will be taking bigger swings than NE can afford to take.

It is a nice dream, but really, the chances are very long that this kid dons the Flying Elvis.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

what is HBO?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

In Response to Chad OchoCinco and Hard Knocks:
    [QUOTE]Hey guys, I dont know how many of you have been watching HBO's series Hard Knocks "Training Camp with the Bangels" but I have been watching and I am very impressed with Chad Ochocinco. I know we have all said in the past what a good fit he would be with the Pats and I beleave that now more then ever. He lights it up as a WR and when he plays hard he is a top 5 WR hands down. But in last nights episode he went out to a bar and had some cameras with him. The man was responsible and professinal the entire time. He did not drink because he does not drink. He simply ordered a Redbull with Rasberry juice mixed drink so he could blend in and have a good time. he took pictures with anyone who asked and he was even offering to pay for people to take cabs home so they wouldnt drink and drive.

Hi, Nice post. Whether he wants to sign for NE or not next year its always a class move to pay cab rides. Outside of Boomer Esiason has there ever been a "class" Bengal?  No one wants to get drafted there and probably 90% of their problem players would behave in NE. He'd be great in NE but he'll be too expensive. Maybe five years from now after the next contract.