Chad Ochocinco/paying fine/Roger Goodell

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Chad Ochocinco/paying fine/Roger Goodell

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4700805/ochocinco-disputes-fosters-20k-fine

After the Jags game, Chad came out and said Foster shouldn't be fined for that hit he put on him. If he did get fined, he would take care of it for him. NFL rules prohibit that (how, I have no idea!). Now, Chad's gone on Twitter and called out Goodell for fining Foster, refering to him as 'Dad'. I know Goodell and Chad Johnson have a good relationship so it'll be interesting to see how this plays out. I also wonder if Belichick will tell him to cool it when it comes to calling out the commissioner via Twitter.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Chad Ochocinco/paying fine/Roger Goodell

In Response to Chad Ochocinco/paying fine/Roger Goodell:
    [QUOTE]http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4700805/ochocinco-disputes-fosters-20k-fine After the Jags game, Chad came out and said Foster shouldn't be fined for that hit he put on him. If he did get fined, he would take care of it for him. NFL rules prohibit that (how, I have no idea!). Now, Chad's gone on Twitter and called out Goodell for fining Foster, refering to him as 'Dad'. I know Goodell and Chad Johnson have a good relationship so it'll be interesting to see how this plays out. I also wonder if Belichick will tell him to cool it when it comes to calling out the commissioner via Twitter.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

BB is not gonna put up with it, you watch. Ocho might be riding the bench if he can't stop his juvenile twitting 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

You would think that but, I've noticed that Belichick seems a lot more loose this year. I watch all his press conferences and I get a different vibe this year. Hell, he's even given people more insight into player injuries (Haynesworth, Vereen, and Bodden especially).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

It all begins here we go ! I liked chad alot but this is where I have a problem  cant keep his mouth shut.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

AND BUTLER'S ON THE ROSTER BUBBLE! Haha. I kid, maybe that has to do with ability and not tweeting. I still say it's different though because a) Chad's basically a celebrity and Butler is a nobody outside of Boston and b) Chad's involving the commissioner of the league whereas Butler probably just tweets about what he's watching on tv or what he's eating (why people care to follow that stuff still baffles me).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Chad needs to S T F U !! I'm sick of him already-- Bring back Randy at least he gave two good seasons to the Patriots until he wanted a bigger and better extension, and couldn't keep his mouth shut.  Honestly Chad better perform or BB will cut him. I personally like Price better and hope he does well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Chad Ochocinco/paying fine/Roger Goodell:
    [QUOTE]Chad needs to S T F U !! I'm sick of him already-- Bring back Randy at least he gave two good seasons to the Patriots until he wanted a bigger and better extension, and couldn't keep his mouth shut.  Honestly Chad better perform or BB will cut him. I personally like Price better and hope he does well.
    Posted by NEGAME2[/QUOTE]

GAME, probably time to change your profile pic. Chad's in it and I think most of would like that Brady 12 T-shirt.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Yeh have to get that back on

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Everything about this is such a tough call, in terms of How to feel as a NE NFL Fan...

Here, I found Mason Foster's Salary Info:

Contract: 4 yr(s) / $2,784,000
    End Year: 2014
    Free Agent: 2015 / Unrestricted
    • $1.4 million guaranteed

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Not an  issue. I am more concerned with Chad developing chemistry with Brady than what he writes on his twitter page. As for a potential fine, the NFL and commissioner's office has always been a grab bag without any concise fines or suspensions for hits. Helmut on helmut= anyone's guess/NFL grab bag.

Also agree that Price has potential, but I still think a WR could be on the radar for the 2012 draft.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]You would think that but, I've noticed that Belichick seems a lot more loose this year. I watch all his press conferences and I get a different vibe this year. Hell, he's even given people more insight into player injuries (Haynesworth, Vereen, and Bodden especially).

I agree, I think BB has seemed a little more relaxed this season.  What would really get me excited is if he actually did some trash talking before the jets games this season!!  Ha, Ha!  Wouldn't that be funny!  I bet BB is a great trash talker!

The Pats need to do some trash talking going into the jets game.  I feel that lately with all their turn the other cheek, let the playing on the field do the talking attitude while jets players are talking smack has kind of made the Pats look, feel and play a bit soft.  Get the motor reved up guys and do some trash talking and play some smash mouth football.  Maybe this is another reason why they brought in Haynesworth and Ocho.

Which Pats do you think could do some serious trash talking?  Andre Carter seems like a nice guy and all but my money would be on him.  Add in Haynesworth, Ocho, Spikes, Mayo, Meriweather, and Vince.  Oh, and let Wes do is thing!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chad Ochocinco/paying fine/Roger Goodell : I agree, I think BB has seemed a little more relaxed this season.  What would really get me excited is if he actually did some trash talking before the jets games this season!!  Ha, Ha!  Wouldn't that be funny!  I bet BB is a great trash talker! The Pats need to do some trash talking going into the jets game.  I feel that lately with all their turn the other cheek, let the playing on the field do the talking attitude while jets players are talking smack has kind of made the Pats look, feel and play a bit soft.  Get the motor reved up guys and do some trash talking and play some smash mouth football.  Maybe this is another reason why they brought in Haynesworth and Ocho. Which Pats do you think could do some serious trash talking?  Andre Carter seems like a nice guy and all but my money would be on him.  Add in Haynesworth, Ocho, Spikes, Mayo, Meriweather, and Vince.  Oh, and let Wes do is thing!
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

Haha, I don't know if the players will start talking trash now but you never know. I don't mind the intelligent approach but I can see why a violent sport like football calls for verbal trash as well! It was funny hearing Brady in 2007 when he responded to Anthony Smith by saying, 'it's better to be well done than well said.' and then he torched him and got in his face. They targeted him in that game. It was also funny hearing Belichick in 2009 when Panthers came out and said Moss was dogging it. He said, "that's a lot of talk coming from a 5-win team" or something like that. The look on his face never changes so that in itself is hilarious. I don't care if they talk or not. Just want to see Sanchez sandwiched between Wilfork, Haynesworth, and Carter.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE] Just want to see Sanchez sandwiched between Wilfork, Haynesworth, and Carter.
    Thats called a QB Buffet, brotha!  Pats D will be eating there a lot this season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Chad Ochocinco/paying fine/Roger Goodell:
    [QUOTE]http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4700805/ochocinco-disputes-fosters-20k-fine After the Jags game, Chad came out and said Foster shouldn't be fined for that hit he put on him. If he did get fined, he would take care of it for him. NFL rules prohibit that (how, I have no idea!). Now, Chad's gone on Twitter and called out Goodell for fining Foster, refering to him as 'Dad'. I know Goodell and Chad Johnson have a good relationship so it'll be interesting to see how this plays out. I also wonder if Belichick will tell him to cool it when it comes to calling out the commissioner via Twitter.

I was just thinking about this. Will Chad be frivilous enough to pay the $20K that Foster was fined? For his sake, I hope he's smarter than that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I can't really fault the guy for taking a stand for what he believes is right.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdouce. Show jjdouce's posts

Chad has been one of my favorite players for a long time, I always knew he'd find his way to New England.  I like is touch down antics I think he's a riot,  But what he's doing now is not so funny.  He is embarressing the league.  If officials feel that they are going to be embarressed for making a call guess what, they might not want to be embarressed which would make it open season for cheap and dirty hits on all of his new team mates.  I don't think he thought this one through.  If he really feels this way he should go ahead and write Foster a check and mail it to him with out telling the whole world and potentially putting his team mates in harms way

Sections
Shortcuts