Chad Ochocinco to sign with Patriots?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnp3a. Show mnp3a's posts

Re: Chad Ochocinco to sign with Patriots?

In Response to Re: Chad Ochocinco to sign with Patriots?:
    [QUOTE]why not TO also...great thinking....great post.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

=)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Chad would be a good player for this team. IMO of course"

Chad isn't all about winning, from what I can see. He is always wasting time on his own self-promotion, even on the field, and that's not the Patriots way. He's a showboat and hasn't a clue what it takes to win in terms of personal sacrifice.At this point in his career, he's a possession receiver, and ask yourself, do we really need another one of those? Dillon is different because he fit a very specific need. If we want to salivate over a receiver, how about a deep threat? That's the one thing we don't have right now, aside from Tate (work in progress). Chad just doesn't fill a pressing need on this team whatsoever. I can't stand his antics myself but I'm not sweating it as his chances of being a Pat are close to zero. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Again? Stick to basketball because you don't know squat about the Pats if you think they'd sign that clown.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

[QUOTE]" Chad would be a good player for this team. IMO of course" Chad isn't all about winning, from what I can see. He is always wasting time on his own self-promotion, even on the field, and that's not the Patriots way. He's a showboat and hasn't a clue what it takes to win in terms of personal sacrifice. At this point in his career, he's a possession receiver, and ask yourself, do we really need another one of those? Dillon is different because he fit a very specific need. If we want to salivate over a receiver, how about a deep threat? That's the one thing we don't have right now, aside from Tate (work in progress). Chad just doesn't fill a pressing need on this team whatsoever. I can't stand his antics myself but I'm not sweating it as his chances of being a Pat are close to zero. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

" Chad isn't all about winning, from what I can see."
    Playing for a team like Bengals will do that to you. I don't know if he will be a Pat next year, but expect a lot of chatter in media and fans forum alike. 85 had always said he would love to play for BB, and he is one of the few players that BB respects. Other being Jason Taylor and Ed Reed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I guess I'm with MVP on this one . . . BB has spoken highly of Chad Ochocinco many times and I do trust BB's judgment on these things . . . I think it's an intriguing possibility.  He and Larry Fitz together would be even better . . .

Just imagine a five receiver set with Chad and Larry on the outside, Welker in the slot, and Gronk and Hernandez at TEs.  That would strike fear in every defense in the league. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

personally, I really like Chad....think he would play his @ss of for the oppertunity to play with Brady & for BB....I believe for this to happen bill would have a major sit down with him prior & lay down the law....I also believe Brady would LOVE to have another posseion/deep threat reciever that has great hands & runs excellent routes.....Chad has wanted out of Cincy for some time now & to play for a real contender....I believe he'd play with emmence passion & drive given the oppertunity like Moss was.......I'd be fine with him on the Patriots next year for a team friendly contract filled with incentives...
    Chad is not a diva....he's a player...a damn good one at that...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

with a contract full of incentives and almost no guaranteed $ 2 million for one  season +incentives with a 3 million dollar per season option for the following 2 seasons. ok.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The dude's a clown.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

you think this guy is Patriot material?

ochocondoms

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Anything is possible, but i want a team first guy. He has the talent, but can he keep his mouth shut? That is the $20M question....or about what he would be looking for for a 3-4 year deal.

Another guy I would be interested in is Santana Moss of the Redskins. He is another one of those small, shifty WR's, who are more quick than flat out fast. I am convinced we need more of the Welker/Branch types and less of the Randy Moss types in this lastest version of the offense.

What say you on Santana Moss?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

NEVER... and we thought Moss was a "me.. me... me.. " player!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

there's got to be someone here that's a better option than OhNOcinco

2011 NFL Free Agent Receivers

By: Roshan Bhagatwww.footballsfuture.com/pic/photos/randy_moss_300_250.jpg" alt="" align="right" />

Randy Moss, NE – Moss recently fired his agent and is expecting to be the odd man out when several key Patriots become free agents this offseason. He’s played with an overwhelmingly positive attitude in his tenure with New England and doesn’t seem to have lost much in his game. He'll figure to be one of the key players come free agency.

Miles Austin, DAL – Tendered at the highest value, Miles Austin remains unsigned, but is working through OTA’s. Barring a major setback or outrageous demands, Austin will remain a Cowboy for a long time.

Sidney Rice, MIN – With 1300 yards and 8 touchdowns, Rice, like Steve Smith and Miles Austin, broke out last season to emerge in the new wave of top-shelf wideouts. Rice’s size, speed, and length make for a tough cover down the field. With Harvin and Peterson, Rice also figures to be a key to the Vikings’ future.

Vincent Jackson, SD – Jackson is preparing for a holdout after receiving the highest restricted free agent tender a year ago. Having only tendered most of their restricted free agents, the Chargers put off their difficult personnel decision-making they may face in the near future. Jackson figures to be a big part of their plans, but with Marcus McNeill and Shawne Merriman in the same boat, with the less expensive Malcolm Floyd as an alternative, the Chargers could opt trade Jackson or even let him walk.

Steve Smith, NYG – Smith was another receiver who emerged as a serious player with 100 receptions and 1200 yards. He’ll make $550,000 for the upcoming season, but the two parties are already in negotiations for an extension.

Santonio Holmes, NYJ – After a shocking trade that sent Santonio Holmes to the Jets for a mid-round pick, the recently-troubled wide receiver will need to make an impact before earning his next contract, which seemed to be in line with the top 10 receivers prior to the trade. His numbers figure to go down after his first 1000-yard season with a team focus on the running game and less stability at quarterback. He may very well also be competing with Braylon Edwards for a larger contract as well as a spot on the team moving forward.

Donald Driver, GB – Many have been downplaying Driver’s ability season after season and his productivity has come to be the most reliable factor each year. Driver has had 6 consecutive 1000-yard seasons, including 5 after the age of 30. He’s become attached to the community and will most likely receive a contract that decreases yearly, until he’s ready to retire.

Mike Sims-Walker, JAC – Walker really took a step up last season falling short of 900 yards as the Jaguars’ top wideout. Having seized the role midway through last year, he figures to make an improvement on those numbers heading into 2010. Jacksonville has struggled to find consistent receivers, so Sims-Walker figures to be a keeper.

Braylon Edwards, NYJ – Edwards has become the undisputable image of inconsistency. The Jets will try to move him around this year and with a quartet of talents catching passes, each should be able to help the others find open space. If Edwards can’t capitalize on opportunities, where he’s been known to drop passes in the past, he may be searching for another home next year.

Steve Breaston, ARI – By trading Boldin to Baltimore, the Cardinals are expecting a lot from Steve Breaston who has become a good slot receiver and a dependable fill-in for an oft-injured Boldin. This year will be important for Breaston in determining how much value he has to the team as a receiver moving forward.

Davone Bess, MIA – The Dolphins tried a variety of options at receiver last year, but only twice was Davone Bess a starter. And yet, Bess was the team’s leader in receptions (by 26) and yards (by 206). This year he’ll compete in camp for a starting gig. With many big name receivers set to the hit the market, don’t be shocked if Bess becomes one of the steals, as Wes Welker was a couple years ago in a trade as a restricted free agent.

Malcolm Floyd, SD – Floyd, like Vincent Jackson, is threatening to holdout, but could be one of the sleepers in free agency if the money doesn’t work with San Diego. He was a consistent factor as a number 2 receiver last year, but his size could pose an even larger problem if properly utilized.

Jacoby Jones, HOU – As an afterthought on offense, Jones still managed to find the end zone 6 times. He could become a good number 2 receiver in the right setting and is also an underrated kick returner.

James Jones, GB – Jones’ desire to stay in Green Bay may be negatively correlated to Donald Driver’s success next season. Jones could probably start on a handful of teams, but will have to compete with Jordy Nelson for the number 3 role again this season. The Packers are no longer the 5-wide team they were under their last season with Brett Favre, so James Jones should be able to find more looks elsewhere if he’s impatient for playing time.

Other Notable Free Agent Wide Receivers:
    Early Doucet, ARI 
    Brian Finneran, ATL
    Mark Clayton, BAL 
    Donte’ Stallworth, BAL
    Dwayne Jarrett, CAR
    Rashied Davis, CHI
    Chansi Stuckey, CLE
    Brandon Stokley, DEN
    Dennis Northcut, DET
    Troy Williamson, JAC
    Torry Holt, NE
    Derek Hagan, NYG
    Brad Smith, NYJ
    David Clowney, NYJ
    Johnnie Lee Higgins, OAK
    Hank Baskett, PHI
    Legedu Naanee, SD
    Laurent Robinson, STL
    Keenan Burton, STL
    Maurice Stovall, TB
    Santana Moss, WA

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I'd rather have jordan Shippley. Tell you what though, Chad played his a$z off this year. His stats might not show it but he laid it out and took a beating over the middle cause Palmer throwing him soft pop flys.
    chad is also a generous guy and does a lot in the real world for the folks. He might do some goofy stuff but you have to admit he loves football. some of these other divas I wonder if they really do.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Chad Ochocinco to sign with Patriots?:
    [QUOTE]If this guy doesn't sign his 6 million team option do you see him in patriots blue? Posted by elmatador1225[/QUOTE]

LMAO, BB would never sign anyone so self-centered as him. he learned form Randy moss

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

i would take ocho, i think he had respect for bill and i believe even bill is fond of him... i think he would bring his A game if he was paired up with brady and not whine. Theres no denying that hes a diva, but hes only a diva because hes allowed to be in cincy, if he came here, it would be with the knowledge that bill and brady dont put up with that nonsense and he would have the moss situation as an example of what can happen. Hes made his money, he is a competitor and i believe he wants to be on the winning side for once.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Bellichick actually likes him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I'm sure most of you have seen this video of Bill and Chad before a game in 2009, but for those who haven't, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uK1ohDvDog

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]If this guy doesn't sign his 6 million team option do you see him in patriots blue?  I know that he is a head case, and seems to tweet more than score, but the guy is still a threat.  He has never played on a good team and may be willing to take a reduced role for a winning season.  Lets not forget that he is very good friends/respects the hell out of BB.  It may just work, but then again we did just get rid of a diva WR. 
    Posted by elmatador1225[/QUOTE]

My question is why? Why would we want him? What would we gain?

Answer comes up, nothing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

most people thought moss was done in oakland after a few years of little production and major losses. How did that turn out.  I think if we gave Ochocinco a one year contract with incentives and an option extension we could benefit alot.  He could further stretch the field if we can get him to buy into the you get open you get the ball system BB seems to be running with branch, welker, tate, and the TE's. also we have to offer him almost no guaranteed $ and fines if he speaks out or doesn't follow the Patriot way.  The big selling points will be brady, winning, a shot at a ring, and an opportunity to be under the best coach in NFL history.  After many years in cinncinati i think he will take the deal.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

[QUOTE]Again? Stick to basketball because you don't know squat about the Pats if you think they'd sign that clown.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]
    YEEEESSSS IM BAck, I told you no prison could hold me!!!   Evil, shud up! The only squatting you know is when you go peeeee peeeee! HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHYell

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from laynard. Show laynard's posts

Hellllllllllll no!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Pats have 8 draft picks and lots of young promising young players already on the roster. They should and will continue to build for the future. ...if they get anyone big name in the reciever dept. next year should be Fitzgerald anyway but in general they should let Branch and Brady continue to tutor Tate and a promising rookie or two.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrocktonMike. Show BrocktonMike's posts

[QUOTE]If this guy doesn't sign his 6 million team option do you see him in patriots blue?  I know that he is a head case, and seems to tweet more than score, but the guy is still a threat.  He has never played on a good team and may be willing to take a reduced role for a winning season.  Lets not forget that he is very good friends/respects the hell out of BB.  It may just work, but then again we did just get rid of a diva WR. 

I don't see anyway that Bill, Robert, or Tom have all lost their minds at the same time.

We have young receivers, (tight ends) who don't need this preening poppycock peacock spending more time practicing his TD chicken dance than practicing playing football.

The guy is a JOKE, and embarrassment to any team he's on, and worse, to himself, which sadly, he doesn't recognize. 

Bill wouldn't put up with it, Mr. Kraft if he could be talked into it, wouldn't pay the dancing fool anymore than the league minimum.  I think it'd be a waste of money.  

What we have now is working.  Tate & Edleman need to work on their ball handling, not working on end zone foolishness.  With practice, they could become a real deep threat.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Sad to think that here's ANOTHER thread started by someone who's easily overcome by flash, glitz, and bright objects. Sad......

Why would eh P:ats even consider Ochoidiot when there is a more attractive WR potentially available (Larry Fitzgerald) they could get in a trade? The Cardinals need a whole lot of help, starting at the QB slot (McNabb signing?), or go low budget (What? With Bidwell as the owner??? NEVER!). I'm sure that the Pats could put together a decent package for the Cards to consider. Fitzgerald's a good citizen, comes to play, and plays the game like it's NOT ALL ABOUT HIM, which is something we can't say about Ochostinko. He'd be a much better fit here. 

I wonder if ochowhatever is having lot of fun this season, after begging the Bungles to sign TO. Ypu know, for the "threat", and rings.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sydpat. Show sydpat's posts

Not necessarily Ocho but with Branch getting older and Tate, Edelman and Price not panning out exacly as real threats just yet, what do the Pats do for 2011?

Can't just draft ready to go topliners. Like to see a tall, strong receiver to compliment present ones.

What about AJ Green????????????

Sections
Shortcuts