Champ Bailey: finished in Denver?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

Champ Bailey: finished in Denver?

even champ feels that he may be on "the block" now, after failing to secure a new multi-year with him a few days ago. i forget his exact words, but bailey intimated that he`s about to be traded by josh mcdaniles sooner rather than later. boy...champ would look really good wearing a Patriots uniform and helping out 'the kids' now wouldn`t he? and given that NE would take him if the price was right, what would be the right price for such a shut-down corner, a 1st rounder, 2nd or even a 3rd round pick? i was thinking that maybe BB got rid of LM for less than optimun compensation because Denver and NE had an understanding that if denver failed to re-sign champ, NE would be given a good opportunity to make a deal for Bailey who would then come with a reasonable price. in short, Champ Bailey, NOT vincent jackson or steve smith is someone that NE should consider making a deal for, and soon.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Re: Champ Bailey: finished in Denver?

Wouldn't that be something?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

We have some much invested in the position right now that I think it would be a bit much.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Rameakap has talked about this for a while. If we can send a 3rd to Den for the best CB to maybe ever play the game. LETS DO IT!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

I would be a little girl if this came true but I doubt he would be traded to us. 

1-We are invested into Leigh Bodden right now so that just kills it.

2-Long term he probably has another 2 years at corner before he moves to FS and the Pats would have to lock him up to a 3 year deal for him to stay past this year.

3-Devin and Darius we are committed to as well. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Denver owes the Pats something good, after all, they did send Laurence there!  Champ would make it even ha

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Champ Bailey: finished in Denver?:
    I would be a little girl if this came true but I doubt he would be traded to us.  1-We are invested into Leigh Bodden right now so that just kills it. 2-Long term he probably has another 2 years at corner before he moves to FS and the Pats would have to lock him up to a 3 year deal for him to stay past this year. 3-Devin and Darius we are committed to as well. 
    Posted by Pancakespwn

I say a 3rd round pick for a 12 game rental is worth it. Basically it would be like giving Moss for Bailey. Hard to argue with that logic. We don't need ALL of our picks. This would do a few things:

A. Help us win this year NO DOUBT
    B. Have the best mentor for Mccourty,Butler and all of them really.
    C. Give Champ a taste of what it is like to play on a real contender again, who knows maybe he will realize we would be his best shot at a SB and finish his career out in NE.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I think Champ is in a similar position Moss was in, up there in age, contract year, team doesn't want to resign them. Both guys are Future HOF players, I say send them a 3rd and a 5th and get champ in a Pats uniform. Champ and McCourty would make a more then decent CB duo.

I think Champ can help get this secondary on track, which is crucial if we want to get far this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Trading a 3rd round pick for a one year player is stupid. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

I think the chances of this happening are ZERO, but TrueChamp is right, there would be no better mentor for our young crop of CB's than Bailey. I always like Bailey too.

Theres no way I'd give up two picks for him though....not at his age. The only way I'd give a 3rd is if a contract extension was worked out with the deal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Seems odd that many of you don't seem to have a problem bringing in a "mentor" to help some of our young defensive backs yet people freak about bringing back someone like Deion to help mentor our young and ridiculously inexperienced receivers.

Fail to see the logic in that.

Not advocating for either champ or Deion or anyone else outside the current roster or PS for that matter.

Simply saying you can't be for a verteran as a DB and against one as a WR as it pertains to "mentoring".

Contradictory.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Rameakap has talked about this for a while. If we can send a 3rd to Den for the best CB to maybe ever play the game. LETS DO IT!
    Posted by TrueChamp

woot woot

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Bailey's on the last year of his contract so if we treat him as a rental he wouldn't interfere with Bodden. He could also train McCourty, Butler, and Arrlington to be a top notch DB core. He also brngs needed depth and a veteran presence to one of weaker are'as of need, the secondary. If the Moss pick is flipped for Bailey I'd be happy. I think our O will be fine without Moss so getting an immediate impact player on D just for this year would help out tremendously.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Seems odd that many of you don't seem to have a problem bringing in a "mentor" to help some of our young defensive backs yet people freak about bringing back someone like Deion to help mentor our young and ridiculously inexperienced receivers. Fail to see the logic in that. Not advocating for either champ or Deion or anyone else outside the current roster or PS for that matter. Simply saying you can't be for a verteran as a DB and against one as a WR as it pertains to "mentoring". Contradictory.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

Oh let me help you see the logic:

Deon Branch is a 3rd string wr on SEATTLE and they don't even have any good receivers. He would be a 5th string or 4rth at best on the Pats.

Champ Bailey is still a top 5-10 Cb in the NFL.

We lost our #1 CB to start the season.

Insert Champ Bailey.

Take pressure off the safeties.

Put Butler back to nickel with Wilhite.

To quote your good friend Spock "This is very logical"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Sounds like good reasoning to me. I wonder why Denver would want to trade Bailey though. CB is a more important position than WR so I don't think Denver would voluntarily trade such an asset. 

It'd be a terrific trade for the pats though.

In Response to Re: Champ Bailey: finished in Denver? : Oh let me help you see the logic: Deon Branch is a 3rd string wr on SEATTLE and they don't even have any good receivers. He would be a 5th string or 4rth at best on the Pats. Champ Bailey is still a top 5-10 Cb in the NFL. We lost our #1 CB to start the season. Insert Champ Bailey. Take pressure off the safeties. Put Butler back to nickel with Wilhite. To quote your good friend Spock "This is very logical"
    Posted by TrueChamp

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Trading a 3rd round pick for a one year player is stupid. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

I don't know.  I think by the third round, maybe about 20-25% of the picks actually become contributors.  Go look at the 2007 third round (they say you need to give it three years).  Mostly flotsam, a handful of decent players, not a star among the bunch.  It's not like you're dealing away Jeff Bagwell.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I'm gonna go with a 3rd rounder for Champ Bailey. How can we let Denver know that most of this board approves of this trade? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Don't think it would happen but I would like to see it.  I agree with what mthurl said, to much invested in the position now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

I'm gonna go with a 3rd rounder for Champ Bailey. How can we let Denver know that most of this board approves of this trade? 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

I'd be all for it but I don't think it will happen. I believe there is only one team who trades away potential HOF players for 3rd rounders and it aint Denver.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Don't think it would happen but I would like to see it.  I agree with what mthurl said, to much invested in the position now.
    Posted by BradyMossFan

I don't see how the amount invested in the position is relevant?  We're talking about a rental here, and it's fairly obvious they could use some help at the CB position, unless you don't think Bailey is an upgrade over Butler/Arrington? 

Does that mean if Brady went down you wouldn't trade for a veteran QB that became available?  If he can help you win, of course you make that deal.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

What BB is probably hoping for at corner is a guy who can play the role Hank Poteat played in the early part of the decade: an experienced guy who doesn't cost anything, but can come in and play reasonably well when someone gets hurt.  I'd love to see Champ Bailey come here, but BB will pull that deal only if he thinks it won't mess up the longer term plans for the team. That means Bailey needs to come very cheap or he needs to be someone BB sees playing a role on the team for more than one season.

Sections
Shortcuts