CHAMPIONSHIP GAME PREDICTIONS:

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: CHAMPIONSHIP GAME PREDICTIONS:

Pats 35 - Ravens 12
    49ers 24 - Giants 20

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to CHAMPIONSHIP GAME PREDICTIONS::
    [QUOTE]     In the NFC, nobody really expected a Giants @ 49ers match. Everyone expected, and looked forward to, a clash of two of the three prolific offensives in the game, the Packers and Saints. But...each of these teams lost to a team with a better defense.       This brings us to the AFC, where the sole remaining NFL offensive "superpower", the New England Patriots, prepares to host the best defensive team in the AFC, the Baltimore Ravens. Will the theme that the team with the better defense will prevail?       Here's a look at the championship games in each conference, and my picks against the spread: 1.) (11-7) NY Giants (+2.5) @ (14-3) SF 49ers: The 49ers upset the Saints because they forced five (5) turnovers. I don't care how good an offense a team has...when a team spots the other team 17 points due to turnovers, that team turning it over is going to lose. The key to this game is whether the 49ers' front seven can get consistent pressure on Giants' QB, Eli Manning. If they can, turnovers will follow. If not, look for Eli to pick the 49ers' secondary apart, much like he did to the Green Bay secondary.      The similarities between this postseason and the 2007 postseason for the Giants are eerie. They are playing their best football at the right time, again. Their defense is suddenly healthy, and getting pressure on the opposing QB, again. But...there's a difference. QB Eli Manning looks like the NFC's answer to Tom Brady, over the past four weeks. He is carrying the Giants' offense. Based on what I've seen, the Giants are the most balanced team of the four remaining squads. They won't turn the ball over, like the Saints did: PICK: Giants; 2.) (13-4) Baltimore Ravens (+7.5) @ (14-3) New England Patriots: The defensive minded Ravens seem to match up very well against the Patriots. Two years ago, they embarrassed the Good Guys, 33-14, in Foxboro. Most of the key players that played for them in that game remain...ILB Ray Lewis, OLB Terrell Suggs, DT/DE Haloti Ngata, FS Ed Reed, CB Lardarius Webb, RB Ray Rice, QB Joe Flacco, and a solid OL, led by C Matt Birk, and OGs, Ben Grubbs and Marshall Yanda. If you go back and review the Ravens' games, you'll see that whenever they get off to a fast start, and take the lead, the game is over. That's exactly what happened in 2009, when the Ravens put up 24 of their 33 points in the first quarter. Their meal ticket on offense is RB Rice, who averaged 4.7 yards per carry this year, and rushed for over 1300 yards. Pay close attention to the first quarter, If Rice gats running room, and the Ravens score early, it likely will be a long afternoon for Tom Brady's Boys.       The Patriots have generally won by bludgeoning the opposition with their TE dominated offensive attack. But, it's been hard for Patriots' fans to go all in on this team, due to the exploits, or, more accurately, the lack thereof, of their 31st ranked defensive unit. Last week, in their 45-10 demolition of the Denver Broncos, the Patriots' defensive unit turned in by far their best performance of the season. Whether they can continue last weeks' great play is the question haunting Patriots' Nation. Most football fans have been weaned on the theory that offense sells tickets, but defense wins games. With the exception of the Denver game, the Patriots' offense has had to perform both functions.       What must the Patriots do to win?:   1.) Protect Tom Brady from the likes of Terrell Suggs; 2.) Get off to a fast start, and make the Ravens play from behind; 3.) Contain RB Ray Rice at all costs. Vince Wilfolk must dominate; 4.) No turnovers.       What must the Ravens do to win? Pretty much just the opposite:   1.) Pressure Tom Brady, and force him off his "spot" in the pocket; 2.) Get off to a fast start; 3.) Contain the Patriots' TEs by replacing an ILB with another safety; 4.) Be physical with the Pats' receivers, and establish the run.      The fact that the Patriots are favored by 7.5 points is absurd: PICK: Ravens.      Who will win? I like the Giants in the NFC. In the AFC, the team that gets off to the best start will win. If pressed to pick, I'm a believer that defense wins games. I'm also concerned about the Pats' ability to stop the run. But, I can't go against my boys.      Make no mistake about it...this game is a referendum on whether these Patriots have the desire, the pride, and the toughness necessary to be a champion. Regardless of what they're saying publicly, they know that they owe the Ravens one. No excuses. It may not be pretty, but somehow, some way, they'll get it done. See you in Indy.        As always, your comments and opinions are welcome.                      
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]

Are you a Patriots fan?? Take a break from posting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

As it stands today, I'm leaning this way:

BAL @ NE : NE and company take the AFC championship...but I think it's going to be a slog from start to finish.  They won't pull away at any point, but will maintain control... I'm thinking they win this 31-24.  I like how the Patriots are coming together as a team...if they are all pulling in the right direction, anything is possible with this group of guys.   They are gelling at the right time...Brady is focused beyond words.

I don't think Baltimore will be able to do enough offensively...and the Pats offense needs to wear that Ravens defense out.  Go no huddle, but they don't just throw the ball all over the place.  They'll have to mix some good runs and screens in there.  Keep that defense on the field...I think Law Firm will have some opportunities for big plays. 

NYG @ SF : Boy...this is going to be an interesting game.  One thing that no one is thinking about...and I have sneaking suspicion that the kickers are going to be huge in this game.  One coach deciding their kicker can make it in the rain and slop from 42 yards out...might be catastrophic. 

This really is a toss up... I don't see how the Giants lose based on how they're playing.  They're playing with a lot of confidence and that slippery turd is playing lights out football back there.  That said...seeing San Fran lay some wood on the Saints, I'll say San Fran takes this one 20-17...decided in the last minute.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

NE wins and covers the spread. Go Pats!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joel63. Show Joel63's posts

Texas Pat,

I respectfully disagree. At first I thought the line was spot on. I now see the Patriots covering, and covering big. Our OL will protect Brady and our TE's are simply too much for Baltimore. How do you cover everyone? I believe you'll see at least one open receiver on every pass play. The o-line is what you need to pay attention to here. Brady is going to have time, and they don't have enough defenders to cover. No one goes through his progessions more quickly or effectively than Brady. This has blowout written all over it. Very late in the season San Diego humiliated them! The Patriots will do the same. All this and I won't even mention our improving defense. Patriots 42, Baltimore 17.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

Pats 38 Criminals 17

SF 24 Giants 19

Definitely betting with my heart on both. NY G fans are at least as obnoxious as Jets fans.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

yea patriots-49ers would be the best scenario in my opinion...a chance for brady to tie montana in super bowl wins against his former team....plus no arrogant and idiotic giants fans even though i respect their team

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RaiderPat. Show RaiderPat's posts

The ravens will only score 10 points..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Pats 31-27 over Ravens and Niners over G-men 27-21.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

It has been written in stone---it's Brady against his childhood team the Niners and he ties his idol Joe with 4 SBs. The irony is it will be the win against his childhood team that will propel him as the best to play the position!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i truly believe that the pats DL (34 or 43) is better than houston's. bal's OL may try to play better but it will not matter. again, pats fron 7 will generate lots of negative plays.

this game will not be close. pats win 41-17.
    24-10 at the half, and will be over by end of third, when score will be at 34-10

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

SF over Giants, 29-24, because Eli has stomach flu today.

Pats over Ravens, 42-17.  I think this is a very poor time for any team to be facing the Pats.  Racked with injuries all season - but healthy now, lots of fixes on D, S/T is best in years, Brady looks possessed, lots of playmakers coming to fore, home field, core Pats old enough to know better yet young enough to make the plays, seemingly unstoppable array of O weapons, MHK.  It could get ugly quickly.  A lot of folks here doubted the Pats vs. Broncos.  I see more of the same coming.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the only worry i have about this game is how hernandez will be able to play after his concussion, i think there is a difference between him being able to play and him being able to play like himself...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

My numbers lean toward New England and toward San Fran, although I certainly wouldn't guarantee anything against the spread.

visitor/home/my points/Vegas / difference
    bal    ne            9.5    7.5    2.0
    nyg    sf            5.6    2.5    3.1

My sense of Baltimore is that Ed Reed, 33, and Ray Lewis, 36, aren't going to keep up with the hurry-up offense.  Sorry.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Good point.  That's a major change to the game, if he really has a concussion.  Really, he shouldn't play, if he does have one. I don't think BB will play him with one.  Ted Johnson probably still haunts him.

Still, there are so many weapons on O that don't even get to play because of how deep they are.  Maybe this is Ocho's game.  He played well vs. Ravens, knows them, and may be playing to honor dad.  Or Woodhead could catch out of the backfield.  Maybe even use Solder in some ways like they've used Hernandez.  That guy is so versatile that we probably don't know the half of it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: CHAMPIONSHIP GAME PREDICTIONS::
    [QUOTE]the only worry i have about this game is how hernandez will be able to play after his concussion, i think there is a difference between him being able to play and him being able to play like himself...
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

i had several what would be called "concussions" today, and in each case i continued to play immediately and performed as good or even better in the game afterward. so many variables i would guess, including the person.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]I don't see them covering if NE plays as well as last week.  NE won't score as much and Balt might score more than Denver, but 7.5?  Home team gets 3, Vegas is basically looking at a close game here. Anything can happen, but barring an O Line collapse, poor gamecalling, throws, turnovers, NE has a chance to really bash Balt's head in here. In the NFC, I question how draining that game was for NYGs, getting up for it, playing it, flying home late, now flying out to the west coast for a nice Run D and opportunistic pass D looking to learn from their regular season match up, etc. I smell NY running out of gas on the road.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

I agree on the covering piece if the Pats play as well as last week like you say.

Eli is due for a 2+ INT game. This 49er's D is both aggressive and opportunistic. I give them the advantage at home, and I think Eli throw a couple of picks that end in 49er's 24, NYG 17.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]Good point.  That's a major change to the game, if he really has a concussion.  Really, he shouldn't play, if he does have one. I don't think BB will play him with one.  Ted Johnson probably still haunts him. Still, there are so many weapons on O that don't even get to play because of how deep they are.  Maybe this is Ocho's game.  He played well vs. Ravens, knows them, and may be playing to honor dad.  Or Woodhead could catch out of the backfield.  Maybe even use Solder in some ways like they've used Hernandez.  That guy is so versatile that we probably don't know the half of it.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

Agree, but Hernandez has already checked out Okay. He had tests and is ready to roll.
    Given the size and brutality of the Ravens defense, I would think twice about giving Hern the rock up the middle. End arounds, sweeps, not a problem. But please don't ask him to go up the middle and get whacked.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dpaul3614. Show dpaul3614's posts

Patriots  31
    Ravens  14

49ers    24
    Giants   10

Book it. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

Out of all the teams left I have to say that The PATS seem just so focused! I believe that they are playing really good complimentary football. ( the whole team used this word after the W last week) I have never seen Brady so determined and playing so good. His ability to play the hurry up offense is unbelievable and by doing this the Ravens "older" players will have a harder time. I am sure that this will be part of the game plan. The Pats D is young and to me just seem to have matured into professional players. Do you remember the Mon night game when they had no names attached to players on the field, they aren't no names now. That just shows the time they have put in! practice does pay off! PATS 31 Ravens 13 as far as the NFC: 49 ers 24 Giants 17 SB:::: PATS 35 49ers 21 And then the Flood gates will open and god help us with all the BS that will be written about how they did this and Rex will be leading the charge, also a video will surface of Rex & Sanchez getting a little cozy, ( not that there is anything wrong with that)! Gotta Love LT's comments, do you think he's angling for a place with the Pats???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Pats 37
    Ravens 17

Brady and the offense score with relative ease w/ that up-tempo spread offense. Rice gets his 100+ yards but Flacco is under 150 as the defense looks the best all season.

Go Pats!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxfan5000. Show bosoxfan5000's posts

Pats 31
    Ravens 24

Giants 20
    49ers  27

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from VWF75. Show VWF75's posts

Do you want to be at the Patriot's - Raven's game this Sunday? Well here's your chance to be Vince Wilfork's Guest at the AFC Championship game! Winner and a guest will receive 2 tickets to the AFC Championship game and ALL PRO Tailgate Party Passes to a tailgate party hosted by WEEI's Glenn Ordway, Fred Smerlas and Steve DeOssie. Raffle tickets are only $2.00 per ticket (minimum of 5 tickets), what do you have to lose?

http://secure.celebritiesforcharity.org/raffle/vince-wilforks-afc-championship-game-raffle

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Patriots win 35-23

Giants win 28-20

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Pats 31-23
       Giants 27-20