Chandler Jones: "I'm 6'5" about 266 after adding 20 lbs of muscle." Link to audio

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Chandler Jones: "I'm 6'5" about 266 after adding 20 lbs of muscle." Link to audio

He's going to be a terror for offenses this year. He had a very good interview with MFB today.

What really stood out what his honest critiques of himself. When talking overall ability he said he was "A little like Bambi, just kind of falling over myself" when he entered the league. Talked a lot about hand placement, the importance of getting your hands inside the OLineman's pads before he can do the same to you. Then went on to talk about his "second move"...and more, his need for one. Rather, his need to make his second a weapon. Very well spoken guy. Confident but humble.

Ive been saying it all offseason....16 sacks in 2014.

Have a listen:

http://media.weei.com/a/95466793/chandler-jones-patriots-de-joins-mfb-from-training-camp-8-11-14.htm" rel="nofollow">http://media.weei.com/a/95466793/chandler-jones-patriots-de-joins-mfb-from-training-camp-8-11-14.htm

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Re: Chandler Jones:

He would turn into a JJ Watt kind of player this year and be All Pro.  I can see that.

When I heard they asked him to put on some weight, I smelled it as BB gearing up to use him as the McGinest Elephant role.  Yep.

It's why the rumors of the 3-4 being run a bit with Collins at MLB and Hightower at ROLB makes some sense.

I remember when they drafted him I had commented about his athleticism for being so tall. ONe of his clips had him in space off the edge and making an interception where he just broke away from the opponent running towards the end zone.

Thanks for posting the interview.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Hopefully he can avoid the 2nd half fade he's shown in his first 2 years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's doubleteamed, MORON. Last year, we lost BOTH very good DTs and Mayo was also out.

Your trollwork is an absolute disgrace.   I have no idea why more fans here do not call you out for it.

Go play a Taylor Swift MP3 and chew gum. lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's doubleteamed, MORON. Last year, we lost BOTH very good DTs and Mayo was also out.

Your trollwork is an absolute disgrace.   I have no idea why more fans here do not call you out for it.

[/QUOTE]

That was kind of extreme, no?

I agree with your points about the double team, absolutely. As for his first year...he was a very raw rookie, so it's to be expected to some degree. It's pretty clear, to me, that his first 2 years far exceeded even the most optimistic forecasts. He's reaching his potential faster than people antiicipated, and he already has an 11.5 sack season that many consider kind of vanilla. It's hard for me to fathom how a second year DLineman gets 11.5 sacks on this team...and people just kind of shrug and go "meh".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with your points about the double team, absolutely. As for his first year...he was a very raw rookie, so it's to be expected to some degree. It's pretty clear, to me, that his first 2 years far exceeded even the most optimistic forecasts. He's reaching his potential faster than people antiicipated, and he already has an 11.5 sack season that many consider kind of vanilla. It's hard for me to fathom how a second year DLineman gets 11.5 sacks on this team...and people just kind of shrug and go "meh".

[/QUOTE]

I am tired of he and his group's troll work in here. There's always some ridiculous, unfounded comment from them on the topic, so no it's not too hard on TCal. I cannot be the only one who is tired of it.

They expect these good, young player to morph into Hall of Famers, and if not, they concoct some kind of whiny commentary.

Look at RKrap claiming Develin is "expendable" today or TripleOG/Shizzles saying LaFell will take Dobson's job.  Then, whamo, Dobson is activated.

They just are not happy unless wallowing in their miserable, miserable existence.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

All I remember about the night we drafted Jones was mcShay saying he was Jason Pierre Paul potential and by year 3 could really be reaching it. 

His athleticism alone got him 6 sacks his rookie season and last year he looked like a very good pro, he is stil young and raw and I can't even imagine his ceiling. 

If what McShay said is right, that his 3rd year will be his huge leap season, then we are in for a real treat. 

Im thinking 16+ sacks

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am tired of he and his group's troll work in here. There's always some ridiculous, unfounded comment from them on the topic, so no it's not too hard on TCal. I cannot be the only one who is tired of it.

They expect these good, young player to morph into Hall of Famers, and if not, they concoct some kind of whiny commentary.

Look at RKrap claiming Develin is "expendable" today or TripleOG/Shizzles saying LaFell will take Dobson's job.  Then, whamo, Dobson is activated.

They just are not happy unless wallowing in their miserable, miserable existence.

[/QUOTE]

I've noticed, I tend to just avoid it. There are plenty of good posters on here that it's easy to look past the ones you don't like. On the Sox board, however, I am very much the same as you, so I'm not judging.

Oddly, when I first came around this board....TCal was a very good poster. I remember him well because of his profile pic....at some point, he got very angry, condescending, and confrontational. At times, I see the old poster shine through and he provides very good insight. Other times, no so much. Giving credit where it is due, he admitted being wrong about Mayo.

Jints is another one I remember, and watched change...and I blame other posters for that one. We was NOT antagonizing when he first came around here. He is a knowledgeable football fan who can provide a lot to most threads...for months I watched people crucify him because he roots for the Giants. At some point, he gave up and entered into the game...and I have to say, he plays it well, getting under many people's skin when he tries. But engage him in genuine football talk, and most would be surprised to see how objective he can be. I've had many good exchanges with him.

People in the past have commented how different I am on both here and the Sox forum. I don't disagree. The Sox are a sore spot for me, I can not STAND ownership. If there ever was an anti-Kraft, it's the 3 headed hydra sitting on Yawkey way.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

He would turn into a JJ Watt kind of player this year and be All Pro.  I can see that.

When I heard they asked him to put on some weight, I smelled it as BB gearing up to use him as the McGinest Elephant role.  Yep.

It's why the rumors of the 3-4 being run a bit with Collins at MLB and Hightower at ROLB makes some sense.

I remember when they drafted him I had commented about his athleticism for being so tall. ONe of his clips had him in space off the edge and making an interception where he just broke away from the opponent running towards the end zone.

[/QUOTE]

If he's half the player Wilkerson is, he'll be as good as Seymour.  But he's not, otherwise the patsies run D wouldn't have given up 4+ yards per carry. Pathetic!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

All I remember about the night we drafted Jones was mcShay saying he was Jason Pierre Paul potential and by year 3 could really be reaching it. 

His athleticism alone got him 6 sacks his rookie season and last year he looked like a very good pro, he is stil young and raw and I can't even imagine his ceiling. 

If what McShay said is right, that his 3rd year will be his huge leap season, then we are in for a real treat. 

Im thinking 16+ sacks

[/QUOTE]

JPP has really tailed off, big time. Ninkovich has played more snaps and has more sacks than JPP the last 2 years.

I was mocked for this by Cupcake, but I still see some Charles Haley in Jones.  I had mentioned that Haley lined up on the outside in the 3-4 at OLB as much as he did as a 4-3 DE.

It doesn't totally matter, but the body frame, the skill set (long arms, rangy body, athletic in space), both Jones and Haley are similar. Haley is arguably a HOF player, so I am not saying that is what Jones will be, but just comparing the physical makeups and skill sets.

BB clearly asked him to put on weight for the intent to use him at 3-4 OLB like he used McGinest. I heard Jones's interview today saying he likes playing a lot of snaps so he could literally kick inside to 4-3 DT like BB had him last year, play his usual 4-3 DE or possibly be used in a traditional OLB 3-4 role like BB used McGinest.

That's a very rare ability and he will be worth every penny if he plays well on the edge in a 3-4 OLB role.

I can see a Nink, Kelly, Vince, Will Smith, Chandler Jones front.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to TheRealBustchise's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If he's half the player Wilkerson is, he'll be as good as Seymour.  But he's not, otherwise the patsies run D wouldn't have given up 4+ yards per carry. Pathetic!

[/QUOTE]

Wilkerson? bawahaha!

Another overrated Jet.  Jones is clearly ahead of Wilkerson, Bustchise.  Wilkerson is a fine player, but he's clearly not on Jones's level.

Hey! Did you just sign out as "Fletcherbrook" to show us your angry Jet self is still around? lol

How is Milliner doing? What about Patterson?  Is Pryor practicing?  bawhaha

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Im thinking 16+ sacks

[/QUOTE]

JPP has really tailed off, big time. Ninkovich has played more snaps and has more sacks than JPP the last 2 years.

I was mocked for this by Cupcake, but I still see some Charles Haley in Jones.  I had mentioned that Haley lined up on the outside in the 3-4 at OLB as much as he did as a 4-3 DE.

It doesn't totally matter, but the body frame, the skill set (long arms, rangy body, athletic in space), both Jones and Haley are similar. Haley is arguably a HOF player, so I am not saying that is what Jones will be, but just comparing the physical makeups and skill sets.

BB clearly asked him to put on weight for the intent to use him at 3-4 OLB like he used McGinest. I heard Jones's interview today saying he likes playing a lot of snaps so he could literally kick inside to 4-3 DT like BB had him last year, play his usual 4-3 DE or possibly be used in a traditional OLB 3-4 role like BB used McGinest.

That's a very rare ability and he will be worth every penny if he plays well on the edge in a 3-4 OLB role.

[/QUOTE]

Wow...Charles Haley....you know, had he not played on such great teams, people would appreciate him more. I remember him being the guy to fear on Dallas' D, my memories are not so strong of him in SF.

And now that I'm thinking about it...man, right down to the personalities, that's a killer comparison. 

6'5 252 according to pro football reference. And a HOF finalist the past 5 years straight.

If he turns out to be Charles Haley-like....well shoot, sign me up!

Haley had 18.5 sacks in his first 2 seasons combined.

Jones had 17.5.

Haley added 38 over the next 3 seasons. I see Jones eclipsing that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Im thinking 16+ sacks

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow...Charles Haley....you know, had he not played on such great teams, people would appreciate him more. I remember him being the guy to fear on Dallas' D, my memories are not so strong of him in SF.

And now that I'm thinking about it...man, right down to the personalities, that's a killer comparison. 

6'5 252 according to pro football reference. And a HOF finalist the past 5 years straight.

If he turns out to be Charles Haley-like....well shoot, sign me up!

Haley had 18.5 sacks in his first 2 seasons combined.

Jones had 17.5.

Haley added 38 over the next 3 seasons. I see Jones eclipsing that.

[/QUOTE]

Yes and I believe Cupcake claimed Haley was not a 3-4 OLB, but he was. He played both 4-3 DE and 3-4 OLB.  I believe he said "he is a classic hand in the dirt 4-3 DE".

It's just not true.  Haley was as versatile an edge player in any scheme.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

As far as adding weight...I think it's been a natural progression. He turned 24 this year...his body could very well still be maturing slightly, and a comfortable weight could end up around 280 for him without losing that athleticism. Then you're getting into true Jevon Kearse "freak" territory (who is listed at 6'4, 265 on pfr right now...adjusted for the current nfl, I'd say that's about 6'5 280 in today's game.)

And this just made me remember one of my favorite players of all time....Levon Kirkland. How does a 300 lb man play LB like him? Had I not seen it with my own eyes, I would NEVER have believed it (6'1 270 according to pfr, but I definitely remember him playing at 300, or very close to it, at least part of the time).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Fast forward to the 2:00 of this video and you can hear Madden speaking exactly of what I am talking about exposing Mt Hurl.

On one clip Haley does not have his "hand in the dirt' whatsoever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxmpB7CXt6k

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Part of that might be from playing 95%+ of the snaps because they had zero depth behind him. Hopefully Smith can give him a bit of rest but Buchanan needs to step it up or this might be another long season for him and might see the drop off again

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Ive been saying it all offseason....16 sacks in 2014.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

If he doesn't have to play 95%+ of snaps and the DT's can get a push up the middle 16+ sacks seems extremely reasonable to me. He should also get some coverage sacks with Revis and Browner there. I could easily see 14-18 sacks this year depending on if they can keep him fresh all year and generate some interior pressure to drive QB's out of the pocket. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wilkerson? bawahaha!

Another overrated Jet.  Jones is clearly ahead of Wilkerson, Bustchise.  Wilkerson is a fine player, but he's clearly not on Jones's level.

Hey! Did you just sign out as "Fletcherbrook" to show us your angry Jet self is still around? lol

[/QUOTE]

Tell me Queenie, how was the Jets Dline the best in the NFL with the "overrated" Wilkerson, the DROY "bust" an UDFA NT and the other "bust" Coples?  I know you won't reply, becasue you cannot.  You are a gigantic vigina and have no way of facing the truth.

#QueenieBludgeonedAgain

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wilkerson? bawahaha!

[/QUOTE]

This is so confusing, Queen Bean, with all the time you spend copying text from Jet websites and articles you post about the Jets, why would you need to ask me how Milliner, Patterson and Pryor are... I guess it's better than you begging for details about Tebow's sex life.  I can tell you this, they have all practiced a lot more than Gronk.  

#QueenieBludgeonedAgain

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

^Unglued.

Tebow still a virgin like you and Revis along Gronk into the HOF as Patriots.

LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

^Unglued.

Tebow still a virgin like you and Revis along Gronk into the HOF as Patriots.

LOL

[/QUOTE]

A Queenie say waaaaaaa?

Yep, just what I thought.  Not a thing about football. Let me help vigina boy.

Tell me Queenie, how was the Jets Dline the best in the NFL with the "overrated" Wilkerson, the DROY "bust" an UDFA NT and the other "bust" Coples?

Whaaaaaaa? Still no response? Shocking!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

^^^Did you just say the Jets D Line was the bestest? LOL!!!

Pee your pants funny.   Second last in sacks and somehow miraculously "the bestest" and near the bottom in turnovers created as a defense.

How about ONE OF THE WORST?

Points allowed near the bottom is nowhere near "one of the best". 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

Pee your pants funny.   Second last in sacks and somehow miraculously "the bestest" and near the bottom in turnovers created as a defense.

[/QUOTE]

Queenie, are you now on record claiming that sacks is the determining factor in judging a defensive line? Really, Queenie.  And are you also now on record claiming that points given up by an entire defense in a passing league is the way to measure a defensive line?  

Bwhahahahahahahahahaaha!  What an idiot.  I am going to repeat your claim over and over to you so that you can deny ever saying it.  

What a complete loser.

#QueenieBludgeonedAgain

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey, Queenie, remember that time you claimed that the patsies, after giving up 4.5 yards per carry and third most yards on the ground in the NFL were one of the best run D's in the NFL?  

Bwahahahahahahahahaahaha!

#QueenieBludgeonedAGain

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey, Queenie, remember that time you claimed that the patsies, after giving up 4.5 yards per carry and third most yards on the ground in the NFL were one of the best run D's in the NFL?  

Bwahahahahahahahahaahaha!

#QueenieBludgeonedAGain

[/QUOTE]

Nope.  No one remembers that. But, we all know how many Pro Bowlers we lost last year on D.

lmao

I hope you enjoyed the last thing you could have possibly held onto from last year, Jeffrey.