Chandler Jones: "I'm 6'5" about 266 after adding 20 lbs of muscle." Link to audio

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

Re: Chandler Jones:

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheRealBustchise's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

^^^Did you just say the Jets D Line was the bestest? LOL!!!

Pee your pants funny.   Second last in sacks and somehow miraculously "the bestest" and near the bottom in turnovers created as a defense.

How about ONE OF THE WORST?

Points allowed near the bottom is nowhere near "one of the best". 

[/QUOTE]

Hey, Queenie, remember that time you claimed that the patsies, after giving up 4.5 yards per carry and third most yards on the ground in the NFL were one of the best run D's in the NFL?  

Bwahahahahahahahahaahaha!

#QueenieBludgeonedAGain

[/QUOTE]

Nope.  No one remembers that. But, we all know how many Pro Bowlers we lost last year on D.

lmao

I hope you enjoyed the last thing you could have possibly held onto from last year, Jeffrey.

[/QUOTE]

"Waaaaaaaaa!  Players got hurt playing football.... waaaaaaaaaaaaa"  You mean "perennial Probowlers" like Mayo?  You still don't know what perennial mean do you?  You "literally" don't know what it means.  What an idiot.

But Queenie, patsies, after giving up 4 1/2 yards per carry were top 5 in sacks.... that means they are top 5 in DL, right?  bwahahahahahahaha!

#QueenieBludgeonedAgain

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

Fast forward to the 2:00 of this video and you can hear Madden speaking exactly of what I am talking about exposing Mt Hurl.

On one clip Haley does not have his "hand in the dirt' whatsoever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxmpB7CXt6k" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxmpB7CXt6k

[/QUOTE]

Bawahaha! You are a fool (and liar, but we all know that).

Let's go back, shall we? A year ago at this time I started a thread saying how much I liked Chandler Jones and asked people who he reminded them of, you said Haley, I said bingo! That is great, you nailed it.

A year later I started a thread on Jaime Collins and you compared him tooooo....Haley. I disagreed. You said Haley played linebacker. I said he was a hand in the dirt edge rusher and a great one at that. Now you post this video where it CLEARLY shows Haley as a defensive end with his HAND IN THE DIRT on every highlight during that video, except for one, and this means you have "exposed me"?? LOL! Dude let me tell you something, no one, and I mean no one has been exposed quite like you have been around here. Truth.

Now Haley "playing linebacker" five minutes into his rookie season does not make him a linebacker. Watch the video again dumbo, that is no linebacker.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's going to be a terror for offenses this year. He had a very good interview with MFB today.

What really stood out what his honest critiques of himself. When talking overall ability he said he was "A little like Bambi, just kind of falling over myself" when he entered the league. Talked a lot about hand placement, the importance of getting your hands inside the OLineman's pads before he can do the same to you. Then went on to talk about his "second move"...and more, his need for one. Rather, his need to make his second a weapon. Very well spoken guy. Confident but humble.

Ive been saying it all offseason....16 sacks in 2014.

Have a listen:

http://media.weei.com/a/95466793/chandler-jones-patriots-de-joins-mfb-from-training-camp-8-11-14.htm" rel="nofollow">http://media.weei.com/a/95466793/chandler-jones-patriots-de-joins-mfb-from-training-camp-8-11-14.htm" rel="nofollow">http://media.weei.com/a/95466793/chandler-jones-patriots-de-joins-mfb-from-training-camp-8-11-14.htm

[/QUOTE]

I heard the interview on my way to training camp today, I thought he was very impressive. I loved hearing him talk about his brother too...cool stuff. It was cool watching this guy on the field today because he looks like he is having fun. Here he is out there playing with some very very dangerous men and he is out there just having a ball - it's so easy for him - and he is so much better than everyone else.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Rusty, while I agree that JPP has fallen off almost completely I just vividly remember McShay comparing some of Jones' intangibles to JPP, who at the time was coming off a 16 + sack season I believe, which sparked my interest.

Like I said before too, I also remember McShay saying we wont see the best of this kid until at least year 3 and that year has arrived.... high hopes for Jones 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Fast forward to the 2:00 of this video and you can hear Madden speaking exactly of what I am talking about exposing Mt Hurl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxmpB7CXt6k" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxmpB7CXt6k" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxmpB7CXt6k

[/QUOTE]

Let's go back, shall we? A year ago at this time I started a thread saying how much I liked Chandler Jones and asked people who he reminded them of, you said Haley, I said bingo! That is great, you nailed it.

A year later I started a thread on Jaime Collins and you compared him tooooo....Haley. I disagreed. You said Haley played linebacker. I said he was a hand in the dirt edge rusher and a great one at that. Now you post this video where it CLEARLY shows Haley as a defensive end with his HAND IN THE DIRT on every highlight during that video, except for one, and this means you have "exposed me"?? LOL! Dude let me tell you something, no one, and I mean no one has been exposed quite like you have been around here. Truth.

Now Haley "playing linebacker" five minutes into his rookie season does not make him a linebacker. Watch the video again dumbo, that is no linebacker.

[/QUOTE]

Watch that video again and keep watching. He was a quintessential Elephant role player for the 49ers and Cowboys.

You yet again show the board that your IQ is so low that you can only see things in black and white. LOL

Two signs you are not bright:

1. Seeing things in black and white.

2. Knee jerk reactions with a low IQ.

As for me saying COllins is Haley, all I said was Collins has the ability to rush off the edge and play in space with great athleticism. It was not a direct correlation. Your horrendous reading comprehension is simply not my problem.

From the millisecond Chandler Jones was drafted, I was the one who mentioned Haley and the potential for 3-4 OLB play from him.

Now that BB may use him in that way, you clearly are jealous, as pathetic as that is, that I saw it early on with Jones.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rusty, while I agree that JPP has fallen off almost completely I just vividly remember McShay comparing some of Jones' intangibles to JPP, who at the time was coming off a 16 + sack season I believe, which sparked my interest.

Like I said before too, I also remember McShay saying we wont see the best of this kid until at least year 3 and that year has arrived.... high hopes for Jones 

[/QUOTE]

I hear ya. I see some Ware in Chandler too.  Many comparisons can be made in terms of skill set and physical make up.

I was just saying, JPP is so overrated and probably got a big head since 2011.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]
    I hear ya. I see some Ware in Chandler too.  Many comparisons can be made in terms of skill set and physical make up.

[/QUOTE]

I would certainly agree with a Ware comparison as well. If Jones turns into a Ware-type this season especially it will be lethal.

I believe JPP has had the injury bug if I'm not mistaken.... yeah he had a disc removed from his back last off season which he played all of 2012 on.... he's been hurt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Queenie say waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

But Queenie, patsies, after giving up 4 1/2 yards per carry were top 5 in sacks.... that means they are top 5 in DL, right? bwahahahahahahaha!

#QueenieBludgeonedAgain

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would certainly agree with a Ware comparison as well. If Jones turns into a Ware-type this season especially it will be lethal.

I believe JPP has had the injury bug if I'm not mistaken.... yeah he had a disc removed from his back last off season which he played all of 2012 on.... he's been hurt

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he only played 11 games last year.  I am just saying, he was a top 15 pick and Nink is as good and clearly more of an all around player with far less hype.

I see JPP as a pure pass rusher and not much else.

BB asks for more out of his players, looking for different ways to use them.  I think that is obvious and what separates these teams from others.

Most teams, if not the majority, drop a skill set into a recipe and ask for 100% of that, hoping that it lasts for 16 games plus. Not BB. Not any of the great coaches.  I don't think Walsh used Haley is a  cookie cutter player because he knew Haley had skills that could be expanded.  I think BB might see it with Jones here.

I had to laugh today...Rex RYan claimed he will adapt his schemes to his personnel. LOL

He's never done that in his entire life. He's either had Ed Reed and Ray Lewis or Revis at his disposal to hide behind.

Not anymore. Not anymore.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he only played 11 games last year.  I am just saying, he was a top 15 pick and Nink is as good and clearly more of an all around player with far less hype.

I see JPP as a pure pass rusher and not much else.

BB asks for more out of his players, looking for different ways to use them.  I think that is obvious and what separates these teams from others.

Most teams, if not the majority, drop a skill set into a recipe and ask for 100% of that, hoping that it lasts for 16 games plus. Not BB. Not any of the great coaches.  I don't think Walsh used Haley is a  cookie cutter player because he knew Haley had skills that could be expanded.  I think BB might see it with Jones here.

I had to laugh today...Rex RYan claimed he will adapt his schemes to his personnel. LOL

He's never done that in his entire life. He's either had Ed Reed and Ray Lewis or Revis at his disposal to hide behind.

Not anymore. Not anymore.

[/QUOTE]

Someone is just a little jealous of the D's Rex has had compared to BB's. 

Why don't you slow down a bit with your feverish posting.  You sound like (and clearly are) an idiot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxmpB7CXt6k" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxmpB7CXt6k" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxmpB7CXt6k" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxmpB7CXt6k" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxmpB7CXt6k

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Watch that video again and keep watching. He was a quintessential Elephant role player for the 49ers and Cowboys.

You yet again show the board that your IQ is so low that you can only see things in black and white. LOL

Two signs you are not bright:

1. Seeing things in black and white.

2. Knee jerk reactions with a low IQ.

As for me saying COllins is Haley, all I said was Collins has the ability to rush off the edge and play in space with great athleticism. It was not a direct correlation. Your horrendous reading comprehension is simply not my problem.

From the millisecond Chandler Jones was drafted, I was the one who mentioned Haley and the potential for 3-4 OLB play from him.

Now that BB may use him in that way, you clearly are jealous, as pathetic as that is, that I saw it early on with Jones.

[/QUOTE]

The worst part is I really don't know what is the matter with you, I mean here I am telling you that YOU said Jones reminded you of Haley...and I said I agreed. In fact I thought that was a great comparison, which I told you at the time. Now when I think that comparison is made, I think it is made in the sense of Jones and Haley playing end. As for Chandler Jones I DON'T think of him as that elephant, outside 34 guy. When they drafted him I said that in 3-4 years he'll be filled out and be an outstanding 43 defensive end. I think Jones could play the elephant role, but I just think he is made for that end. If McGinnest can play the elephant, I'm sure Jones can too, but I think Jones offers more as a pure end because he is a better pass rusher than McGinnest.

As for Haley, if he is known as a linebacker, then I am wrong, I remember him as an end. And a great one at that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Chandler Jones by adding weight is preparing to play a full season as a 4/3 end, if he was trying to stay at his 255-260 weight I would say he is going to play more 3/4 end.  Teams barely play 3/4 anymore, only in the playoffs or divisional games that matter.  

Charles Haley is a good comparison that more than a few of us made when he was drafted.  The 49ers and George Seifert helped create the Elephant position but technically they were running a 4/3.  What they're doing by asking Jones to bulk up is what Pete Carroll did as Patriots coach asking Willie Mac to play 4/3 end, Willie wasn't built for that and it hurt his back, hopefully Jones can add weight and adapt, considering his brother weighs 340+ pounds it's a good bet.

They may ask Jones to drop back or play zone, especially down near the end zone where his height would help create that wall, but the team also asks Wilfork to drop back in zone, BB doesn't care about stereotypical designations for positions.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Chandler Jones by adding weight is preparing to play a full season as a 4/3 end, if he was trying to stay at his 255-260 weight I would say he is going to play more 3/4 end.  Teams barely play 3/4 anymore, only in the playoffs or divisional games that matter.  

Charles Haley is a good comparison that more than a few of us made when he was drafted.  The 49ers and George Seifert helped create the Elephant position but technically they were running a 4/3.  What they're doing by asking Jones to bulk up is what Pete Carroll did as Patriots coach asking Willie Mac to play 4/3 end, Willie wasn't built for that and it hurt his back, hopefully Jones can add weight and adapt, considering his brother weighs 340+ pounds it's a good bet.

They may ask Jones to drop back or play zone, especially down near the end zone where his height would help create that wall, but the team also asks Wilfork to drop back in zone, BB doesn't care about stereotypical designations for positions.

[/QUOTE]

I agree and think of it this way...when he came here he was lighter, but what did they do? They put him at end...same thing for his second year. Now he's even bigger/heavier. He talked yesterday about how he improved this off season, he mentioned nothing about improving standing up or playing in space - he said he worked on a double move...something to get past a tackle when his first move doesn't work. I think this guy is going to have a monster year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Not even then. A lot of teams (including us) have been using more 43 because that more of an aggressive D against passing. For the most part I see teams only going 34, including us, if they have injures or lack the edge rushers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

This is key and it's why it's not worth getting too hung up over 3/4 versus 4/3.  More and more, you have schemes and formations designed simply to get the right combination of skills on the field.  Think of the basic things the defensive front needs to be able to do:

• hold position in the middle

• penetrate up the middle

• hold the edge

• rush on the edge

• fill gaps 

• drop into coverage

Coordinators have to think about how they get the right balance of those skills on the field.  The players are chosen to get the right balance of skills on the field and the formation chosen to put those players in good position to execute.  You need to think flexibly about both positions and formations if youare going to define your defense this way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hopefully he can avoid the 2nd half fade he's shown in his first 2 years.

[/QUOTE]

He's doubleteamed, MORON. Last year, we lost BOTH very good DTs and Mayo was also out.

Your trollwork is an absolute disgrace.   I have no idea why more fans here do not call you out for it.

Go play a Taylor Swift MP3 and chew gum. lol

[/QUOTE]

That was kind of extreme, no?

I agree with your points about the double team, absolutely. As for his first year...he was a very raw rookie, so it's to be expected to some degree. It's pretty clear, to me, that his first 2 years far exceeded even the most optimistic forecasts. He's reaching his potential faster than people antiicipated, and he already has an 11.5 sack season that many consider kind of vanilla. It's hard for me to fathom how a second year DLineman gets 11.5 sacks on this team...and people just kind of shrug and go "meh".

[/QUOTE]

They are spoiled by what has been happening with the Pats, hence the "meh!"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Charles Haley had a reputation for doing things in the locker room that would get you arrested for sexual assault and lewd conduct anywhere else.  So I am hoping Chandler Jones only channels his Haley on the field. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's doubleteamed, MORON. Last year, we lost BOTH very good DTs and Mayo was also out.

Your trollwork is an absolute disgrace.   I have no idea why more fans here do not call you out for it.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with your points about the double team, absolutely. As for his first year...he was a very raw rookie, so it's to be expected to some degree. It's pretty clear, to me, that his first 2 years far exceeded even the most optimistic forecasts. He's reaching his potential faster than people antiicipated, and he already has an 11.5 sack season that many consider kind of vanilla. It's hard for me to fathom how a second year DLineman gets 11.5 sacks on this team...and people just kind of shrug and go "meh".

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    And entitled.  Either way, none of them were there for the sullivan years.  You can just tell.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    And entitled.  Either way, none of them were there for the sullivan years.  You can just tell.

[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Proof of Chandler playing 3-4 OLB in practice:

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/August-12-Practice-Report-Eagles-Vs-Pats/582c1cfd-45c4-4729-b2eb-66104b391f9a#8d1a5d38-5612-4fc9-905a-2e0915ff09e1

Sections
Shortcuts