chandler Jones number 95

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

chandler Jones number 95

What happened to his number 99?

BTW, Hightower looks pretty solid!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: chandler Jones number 95

Hightower looks like his legs are oak trees, I really can't imagine this guy getting pushed back on running plays.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Hightower looks huge. Also looks a little like McGinist in that picture.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Hightower is going to be a beast. I'm still not completely sold on Jones yet, though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Jones looks like a beanpole.  Or is it because Hightower looks like a real football player?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: chandler Jones number 95:
    [QUOTE]Hightower looks huge. Also looks a little like McGinist in that picture.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

until a second look, i actually thought it was willie working out with the guys

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

hightower has the hips and midsection of a sturdy player. jones looks like one who might have back problems in a couple of years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

yes Jones looks like a beanpole next to Hightower, but thats why all the "experts" say that Chandler will be a beast "in 3 years," his body needs time to fill out. Either way I am psyched to have them both here!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Important not to judge a book by it's c......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

So much pessimism about Jones. Geeze...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Is he really that small????  Looks like someone I know.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

BB had to reach up and grab Chandler Jones, which says something good about expectations for him.  Jones needs a few more pounds of muscle in the next 4 months.  He's just plain long.  Yesterday's report was that he can already push a blocking sled around pretty well.

Jones plays elephant.  When he drops back in zone coverage, guys 20 yards downfield can be wide open but they aren't.  Opponents can simulate Jones's play by handing a scout team linebacker a whiffle ball bat.  If the leaping linebacker can swat or touch the football in the air, Jones can deflect or intercept it.  Jones's favorite blitz move should be the club move, and to the inside where he is already blocking out half of the passing lanes.  Rollouts might counter Jones, but many quarterbacks lose accuracy while throwing on the dead run, and BB will be planning on other weeks for containment.

Hightower was reached up and plucked because, for one thing, he's just plain strong. 

Expect Hightower to plug running back holes.  When facing a running team such as the Jets, Steelers or Baltimore, expect both Hightower and Spikes to plug running back holes on first and 10.  Hightower's favorite blitz move will be the bull-rush, and he can also stunt.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mooney12. Show Mooney12's posts

Goa damn Dant'e. You better be a beast with that size.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommpper. Show Stommpper's posts

[QUOTE]Goa damn Dant'e. You better be a beast with that size.
    Posted by Mooney12[/QUOTE]
    If you havent seen Hightowers youtube vids yet, please do so, its sweet to watch him just run into QB's and see them fly back 5 to 10 feet.

If Bill B can get into Hightowers head and teach him well, this kid has the potential to be amazing and a true force from game 1. Cool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]Jones looks like a beanpole.  Or is it because Hightower looks like a real football player?
    Posted by Salcon[/QUOTE]

In the picture, I agree, however if you ever watch Jones play he looks rather big. Hightower is just a huge linebacker, but Jones as a defensive end/outside backer is football large (long arms, legs and his frame could easily take on another 10 pounds).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joel63. Show Joel63's posts

I hear ya Vertigho! A bunch o' guys layin' around eating Cheetos and sippin' on a few Steveweisers talkin' about Chandler Jones' size. Lol!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: chandler Jones number 95 : In the picture, I agree, however if you ever watch Jones play he looks rather big. Hightower is just a huge linebacker, but Jones as a defensive end/outside backer is football large (long arms, legs and his frame could easily take on another 10 pounds).
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that's the case.

I guess alot of people would look small/thin next to Hightower.  He's one Thick dude.

I wouldn't be surprised if he hurt some of his own team mates once camp starts and the hitting begins.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE] I hear ya Vertigho! A bunch o' guys layin' around eating Cheetos and sippin' on a few Steveweisers talkin' about Chandler Jones' size. Lol!
    Posted by Joel63[/QUOTE]

Corona?  You don't actually drink that sh*t do you?

The mexicans won't even drink it. 

Besides, any beer you need to put a piece of fruit in can't be too good.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I.m not worried about Chandlers lack of weight, he is young and will put some quality muscle on.  And if he is anything like his brother Bones then he will be on athletic dude out there on the field.  Can't wait to see him and Hightower out on the field.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Hightower looks huge. Also looks a little like McGinist in that picture.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've noticed that.  He looks a lot like Willie.  Smile and eyes are similar.  I hope that bodes well for what he does on the field!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

In response to "Re: chandler Jones number 95": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: chandler Jones number 95 : Corona?  You don't actually drink that sh*t do you? The mexicans won't even drink it.  Besides, any beer you need to put a piece of fruit in can't be too good. Posted by Salcon[/QUOTE] Lol. You said it!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to chandler Jones number 95:
    [QUOTE]What happened to his number 99? BTW, Hightower looks pretty solid!
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

Hightower is a beast

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]I.m not worried about Chandlers lack of weight, he is young and will put some quality muscle on.  And if he is anything like his brother Bones then he will be on athletic dude out there on the field.  Can't wait to see him and Hightower out on the field.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was reading about Markell Carter and how he's up from his college playing weight of 250 lbs. to 275 and says he feels alot stronger and more explosive.

So, I'm sure Chandler with his frame will be able to put on some more muscle without slowing him down.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotzking18. Show patriotzking18's posts

In Response to chandler Jones number 95:
    [QUOTE]What happened to his number 99? BTW, Hightower looks pretty solid!
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

Trevor Scott already wears 99, maybe Chandler can buy it from him...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Best draft in past 10 years

Sections
Shortcuts