Chandler Jones , speed rusher or power rusher?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

Chandler Jones , speed rusher or power rusher?

As normal, during the draft, BB spends top picks on players who other scouts have in later rounds. Jones is neither a power rusher, nor a speed rusher, so what is he? A third round draft pick , that's what he should have been. Jones seems a high character guy, but he is supposed to be the man that gets after the QB. I watched him at Syracuse , he was nothing special, no massive physic like Clay Matthews, no speed like Dwight Freeney. Very blockable , so if he doesn't have physical talent, then he will be a bust , which is what I pencil him in at, a bust . Andre Carter was much better, where is he by the way? 

BB refused to draft JJ Watt a couple years ago, he has passed on some primo pass rushers, so he jumps at Jones, Shawn Crable with calves. I think , if he gets a chance Jake Bequette will be a better rusher than Jones, which isn't saying a whole lot. I know he's only had 3 games, but you don't all of a sudden get quick or all of a sudden get powerful, and Jones lacks in both departments.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Chandler Jones , speed rusher or power rusher?

Both, but he needs to play outside linebacker in a 3/4, point him at the QB  and let him go.  He's already proven he can hold the edge, is a solid tackler in open space and can drop back if need be, but let him attack 90% of the time.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Heaven forbid that you should bad mouth Jones. In some parts of town, he's the next coming of the baby Hay Seus.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Both, but he needs to play outside linebacker in a 3/4, point him at the QB  and let him go.  He's already proven he can hold the edge, is a solid tackler in open space and can drop back if need be, but let him attack 90% of the time.  

[/QUOTE]
    It was very clear late in the game yesterday, when the offensive lineman for the Ravens should have been getting weary, it wasn't them who was getting weary, it was the Pats pass rushers. Stinkovich was getting manhandled on one end and Jones was invisible on the other end. Flacco took them 92 yards and 70 yards in 4 minutes, they have a problem, and it starts up front. 10-6 at best with this defense, and that's if Brady doesn't get injured. Arrington and McCourty are adequate, at best, but if there is no pressure up front, those two will get eaten alive.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

He's a first year player who has had a couple of good games (have you forgotten how he stripped the ball from Jake Locker in the first game of the season?--it was only two weeks ago) and one maybe not so great game.  You might want to give him a little more time before writing him off. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I think he is both. He's shown the ability to do both thus far but now the Challenge is going to be for him to beat double teams like Seymour did in his prime.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

In response to newenglanderinexile's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's a first year player who has had a couple of good games (have you forgotten how he stripped the ball from Jake Locker in the first game of the season?--it was only two weeks ago) and one maybe not so great game.  You might want to give him a little more time before writing him off. 

[/QUOTE]
    Boston teams drafted two busts from Syracuse this year. The Pats took a third rounder in the first round in Chandler Jones and the Celtics took Fab Melo absolutley worthless. Yes he did strip the rookie Jake Lockyer, that was 10 quarters ago. He's got no move, he's got no speed, and he can't bench press 225 lbs 25 times. So unless he starts taking PEDS or gets a speed transplant, it's going to be a long year. I'm a bit agro because of the last four drafts in which the genius REFUSED to draft a speed rusher. You look at all the good teams in the NFL they all have a speed rusher, the Giants have 3 , the Pats have none.

The Pats compete at the elite level because of one guy, number 12, would be nice if they actually gave him some help.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

both but not sure if he excels in either yet

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Baltimore was the first game where Chandler didn't cause a fumble.  That's probably because he was double teamed as much as possible. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

A guy whose played 3 games and has 2 forced fumbles a sack and a half , has drawn holding penalty, and numerous QB pressures. After 3 games he's a bust? LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to PhatRex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Was that Jones that "set the edge" against the Ravens?  Holding them to under 5 ypc was pretty great.

[/QUOTE]

A jets fan mocking the Patriots.. Priceless! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

In response to aussiewill2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As normal, during the draft, BB spends top picks on players who other scouts have in later rounds. Jones is neither a power rusher, nor a speed rusher, so what is he? A third round draft pick , that's what he should have been. Jones seems a high character guy, but he is supposed to be the man that gets after the QB. I watched him at Syracuse , he was nothing special, no massive physic like Clay Matthews, no speed like Dwight Freeney. Very blockable , so if he doesn't have physical talent, then he will be a bust , which is what I pencil him in at, a bust . Andre Carter was much better, where is he by the way? 

BB refused to draft JJ Watt a couple years ago, he has passed on some primo pass rushers, so he jumps at Jones, Shawn Crable with calves. I think , if he gets a chance Jake Bequette will be a better rusher than Jones, which isn't saying a whole lot. I know he's only had 3 games, but you don't all of a sudden get quick or all of a sudden get powerful, and Jones lacks in both departments.

[/QUOTE]

seriously?????

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to newenglanderinexile's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Boston teams drafted two busts from Syracuse this year. The Pats took a third rounder in the first round in Chandler Jones and the Celtics took Fab Melo absolutley worthless. Yes he did strip the rookie Jake Lockyer, that was 10 quarters ago. He's got no move, he's got no speed, and he can't bench press 225 lbs 25 times. So unless he starts taking PEDS or gets a speed transplant, it's going to be a long year. I'm a bit agro because of the last four drafts in which the genius REFUSED to draft a speed rusher. You look at all the good teams in the NFL they all have a speed rusher, the Giants have 3 , the Pats have none.

The Pats compete at the elite level because of one guy, number 12, would be nice if they actually gave him some help.

[/QUOTE]

It's a team sport.  They compete mostly because of Brady, but they have a lot of other good players as well.  Did someone else draft Mayo, Wilfork, Spikes, Gronkowski, Hernandez?  Football is not a game of perfection.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Spikes and Mayo came under harsh criticism this game from profootballfocus.com.  For this one game, perhaps Jones couldn't rush because he had to cover up a bad hole.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Baltimore was the first game where Chandler didn't cause a fumble.  That's probably because he was double teamed as much as possible. 

[/QUOTE]
    So if Jones is the man, then who are the stiffs, that allowed Flacco almost 400 yards and Baltimore over 500 yards? Must be Wilfork and Love , that would be perinial ALL PRO Wilfork I'm sure it's big Vince. Trust me it ain't Big Vince .  The defense sucks face it, Stinkovich and Jones on the edge, they are going nowhere. The O line without Waters is not as good as last year, so if the defense didn't improve and the O line is not as good and they have Mc Daniels calling the plays, and Mc Courty and Arrington are the DB'S they are not as good as last year.  Where's the send the house blitz? I guess only the Ravens know that one. If you can't pressure the QB with four you send five, if not five you send six, at least your trying. Every team from now on will send the house in the fourth period against the PATS mark my words.

McDaniels two games in a row , he called the deep Lateral to Woodhead who lost 10 yards against Arizona, that took them out of FG range, then he calls a direct snap reverse to Woodhead against the Ravens for a loss of 13 yards. Tight games , bad calls, the direct snap to Woodhead was fine, they had blocking out front , but the reverse to Edelman who was stuffed by an unblocked Raven for a big loss dumb. Who was suppose to block the weak side outside backer, nobody I guess , because nobody blocked him, Hence the big loss. I guess they have no faith in Ridley , where was he in the fourth quarter. McDaniels was a bust in Denver , that should have been the end of him.

The windows closing on the greatest QB in Patriot history, the way the brass manages the rest of the team is appalling. They draft poorly , Chandler Jones was a grasp at straws , and the OC s..ks. 1-3 after the little trip to upstate NY.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    So if Jones is the man, then who are the stiffs, that allowed Flacco almost 400 yards and Baltimore over 500 yards? Must be Wilfork and Love , that would be perinial ALL PRO Wilfork I'm sure it's big Vince. Trust me it ain't Big Vince .  The defense sucks face it, Stinkovich and Jones on the edge, they are going nowhere. The O line without Waters is not as good as last year, so if the defense didn't improve and the O line is not as good and they have Mc Daniels calling the plays, and Mc Courty and Arrington are the DB'S they are not as good as last year.  Where's the send the house blitz? I guess only the Ravens know that one. If you can't pressure the QB with four you send five, if not five you send six, at least your trying. Every team from now on will send the house in the fourth period against the PATS mark my words.

McDaniels two games in a row , he called the deep Lateral to Woodhead who lost 10 yards against Arizona, that took them out of FG range, then he calls a direct snap reverse to Woodhead against the Ravens for a loss of 13 yards. Tight games , bad calls, the direct snap to Woodhead was fine, they had blocking out front , but the reverse to Edelman who was stuffed by an unblocked Raven for a big loss dumb. Who was suppose to block the weak side outside backer, nobody I guess , because nobody blocked him, Hence the big loss. I guess they have no faith in Ridley , where was he in the fourth quarter. McDaniels was a bust in Denver , that should have been the end of him.

The windows closing on the greatest QB in Patriot history, the way the brass manages the rest of the team is appalling. They draft poorly , Chandler Jones was a grasp at straws , and the OC s..ks. 1-3 after the little trip to upstate NY.

[/QUOTE]

Hey negative nancy

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

[QUOTE]

Was that Jones that "set the edge" against the Ravens?  Holding them to under 5 ypc was pretty great.

[/QUOTE]

You realize that Coples doesn't even see the field right? 4 tackles total in 3 games.

Atleast Jones is out there producing. 12 tackles, 1 sack and 2 forced fumbles.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

I say he is a little of both. He gets held a lot also!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How is your "all world" corner Revis? I heard he hurt his knee pretty bad on a non-contact play. I wonder if he will be back this year? lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from akoko. Show akoko's posts

This may not his best game but after watching the game, Michael Oher was holding him all day I blame the DC for not making an adjustment he was being held all day even sometime double team pls give him sometime he is till learning the game. When he was drafted he was suppose to be a sub waiting to start but proved people wrong. All Football ball guru said that he will be a great passrusher just needs time. The packers in week one gave up almost 500 yards and clay mathew played. Give the kids sometime he will be a stud IMO

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

At profootballfocus.com, Chandler Jones is in second place for their rookie of the year honors.  He's behind Robert Griffin III, who was drafted as the NFL's #2 selection.

Sections
Shortcuts