Chandler Jones training MMA with his Bro and UFC Champ Jon Bones Jones

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Chandler Jones training MMA with his Bro and UFC Champ Jon Bones Jones

Even after a standout rookie season with the New England Patriots, Chandler Jones knows he can improve, and is taking lessons from an older brother to do so.

Oldest brother Arthur Jones is a defensive lineman for the Baltimore Ravens, on his first trip to the Super Bowl. But even with Arthur’s wealth of knowledge and experience in the NFL, it’s actually Chandler’s other brother, UFC light heavyweight champion Jon “Bones” Jones, 25, who he plans to learn from this offseason.

“I’m headed to Albuquerque, New Mexico to do some MMA training. We’re going to do some conditioning down there,” said Chandler in a recent interview.

The youngest Jones, just 22 years old, believes that the MMA training will actually help him become more agile against blockers and just a better pass rusher overall.

“That definitely helps you,” Jones said. “Jon has a boxing coach, a muay thai coach and a jiu jitsu coach. That helps a lot when you’re tugging, playing in the trenches. My biggest thing is I try to get my hands inside before blockers touch me so if I work on my hand speed, that’ll be a great aspect to add to my game.”

Even with an impressive first season, Jones can’t be happy to watch the Super Bowl from the sidelines this week, and he’ll undoubtedly be using his brother’s assistance to be on the field for the game at this time next year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Chandler Jones training MMA with his Bro and UFC Champ Jon Bones Jones

I guess his ankle is okay.  Dude will be a beast next season!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Big expectations for the young man. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

normally i'd say whatever but this could actually help him with his quickness, agility, and strength. he's a hard worker, takes this seriously and i'd expect him to make a big jump next year to double didget sacks. before he was hurt he was a factor getting a sack nearly every game. he consistently pressured the qb too. good guy good player.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

normally i'd say whatever but this could actually help him with his quickness, agility, and strength. he's a hard worker, takes this seriously and i'd expect him to make a big jump next year to double didget sacks. before he was hurt he was a factor getting a sack nearly every game. he consistently pressured the qb too. good guy good player.

Of course it will.  Many pro football players train MMA.  Jay Glazer runs a MMA school training pro athletes, have heard good things about this.  I'm sure this will help Chandler in many areas,  Jon Jones has a great training camp in Albuquerque.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Even after a standout rookie season with the New England Patriots, Chandler Jones knows he can improve, and is taking lessons from an older brother to do so.

Oldest brother Arthur Jones is a defensive lineman for the Baltimore Ravens, on his first trip to the Super Bowl. But even with Arthur’s wealth of knowledge and experience in the NFL, it’s actually Chandler’s other brother, UFC light heavyweight champion Jon “Bones” Jones, 25, who he plans to learn from this offseason.

“I’m headed to Albuquerque, New Mexico to do some MMA training. We’re going to do some conditioning down there,” said Chandler in a recent interview.

The youngest Jones, just 22 years old, believes that the MMA training will actually help him become more agile against blockers and just a better pass rusher overall.

“That definitely helps you,” Jones said. “Jon has a boxing coach, a muay thai coach and a jiu jitsu coach. That helps a lot when you’re tugging, playing in the trenches. My biggest thing is I try to get my hands inside before blockers touch me so if I work on my hand speed, that’ll be a great aspect to add to my game.”

Even with an impressive first season, Jones can’t be happy to watch the Super Bowl from the sidelines this week, and he’ll undoubtedly be using his brother’s assistance to be on the field for the game at this time next year.

i dont mind that, but if i could influence him id have him doing straight powerlifting, and mix in coaching pass rushing moves.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Does MMA strengthen ankles? 

That guy was not a stand out.  he was good in the first 4 weeks of the season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Andre Tippett has always said how much his martial arts helped him with his game. Its great for reflexes and knocking blockers hands away. Chandler son, show me paint the fence