Chandler jones

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Chandler jones

I heard on the radio he has had one sack in the last five games

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Re: Chandler jones

That's true.  I wonder if he has hit the wall, offenses are gameplanning against him or something else.  If gameplanning, then Nink and Chris Jones have benefitted from the extra attention on Chandler Jones.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Yep, it's true. But Pats had 14 sacks in those games, so I'm not too worried. He's good enough now where teams pay attention to him, which sets up plays for the other rushers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

He is still applying pressure and getting real close...I'll take that.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

I've also heard it said the pats might have the best defense of the remaining afc teams

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Sacks is just a number sometimes in my opinon.

I would rather have a defense with Nink and Jones getting consistent pressure all game only missing by a step and constantly forcing bad throws and into tight man coverage than watching them rack up 3 or 4 'coverage sacks' in a zone coverage while on other plays coverage breaks down and we give up huge yards....

just my thought

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've also heard it said the pats might have the best defense of the remaining afc teams

[/QUOTE]

Heard that too, also heard the best secondary of all remaining playoff teams...with a healthy dennard, DMC, and Talib going with a great slot corner and an emerging star in Logan Ryan, I would agree.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Not worried. Jones will get 2 on Saturday night. 11.5 sacks on the season tied for seventh. Not too shabby for year 2. I will take that. That said, sacks are overrated. Jones has much more skill than just an occasional sack artist.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Sacks is just a number sometimes in my opinon.

I would rather have a defense with Nink and Jones getting consistent pressure all game only missing by a step and constantly forcing bad throws and into tight man coverage than watching them rack up 3 or 4 'coverage sacks' in a zone coverage while on other plays coverage breaks down and we give up huge yards....

just my thought

I agree, and Qb pressures have been a constant for Nink and Jones. Somebody posted an article in week 16 that said Jones had 28 QB pressures which is very good for a DE and Nink had 41 leading the team! (which is great)

Plus what kevin said above, we had 14 sacks in the time Jones had 1 so doubling Jones is a blessing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He's met double pressure for a while now, he's not at the point where he could beat it consistently yet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Heard that too, also heard the best secondary of all remaining playoff teams...with a healthy dennard, DMC, and Talib going with a great slot corner and an emerging star in Logan Ryan, I would agree.

[/QUOTE]

Best defense in the AFC? yes, the Chargers are second, Denver third and Colts dead last. Best secondary in the playoffs? No, Seahawks are number 1, Pats 2.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

The Chandler Jones I've been watching has been a consistent presence in the face of opposing QBs or forcing them out of the pocket.  Every snap?  Of course not but often enough that he frequently demands a DT. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Best defense in the AFC? yes, the Chargers are second, Denver third and Colts dead last. Best secondary in the playoffs? No, Seahawks are number 1, Pats 2.

[/QUOTE]

San Fran is healthier than the pats and IMO better than the Pats defense. I also think SD defense is playing well. Panthers front 7 is better than what the pats are showing after injury. 

Seahawks

San Fran

Pats/SD

Panthers

Saints

Indy

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

San Fran is healthier than the pats and IMO better than the Pats defense. I also think SD defense is playing well. Panthers front 7 is better than what the pats are showing after injury. 

Seahawks

San Fran

Pats/SD

Panthers

Saints

Indy

[/QUOTE]

I believe it was best secondary in the NFL and best defense in the AFC left in the playoffs.

Best defenses are

Seattle

Carolina

San Fran

New England

San Diego

Saints

Broncos

Chargers

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

As long as he can keep the pressure up and set the edge, the defense will be better.  Nick has been playing with a groin injury which has slowed him a bit.  This has allowed teams to scheme against Jones.  I do not believe that the Patriots have the best defense left in the playoffs.  I do believe they have the best QB and head coach which gives them an edge.  Just imagine this team with one or two of the all pros that are on IR.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Chandler Jones I've been watching has been a consistent presence in the face of opposing QBs or forcing them out of the pocket.  Every snap?  Of course not but often enough that he frequently demands a DT. 

[/QUOTE]

My observation, as well.  I don't think that the added rest is necessary for him, but I anticipate that he will be just that much more of a presence in the backfield.  I think our defensive line is going to have a good game, overall.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to msteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As long as he can keep the pressure up and set the edge, the defense will be better.  Nick has been playing with a groin injury which has slowed him a bit.  This has allowed teams to scheme against Jones.  I do not believe that the Patriots have the best defense left in the playoffs.  I do believe they have the best QB and head coach which gives them an edge.  Just imagine this team with one or two of the all pros that are on IR.

[/QUOTE]

Brady doesn't play defense. The last thing we need is a high scoring gunslinger duel. It allows for the refs to affect the game too much.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Weird.  At 6'4" Rustyie has claimed that he is the perfect height for a DE, whereas 6'3" is way to short. It's not all his fault though. That DL blows.  They gave up 4.5 yards per run this year.  Awful.  Just awful.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Seahawks

San Fran

Pats/SD

Panthers

Saints

Indy

[/QUOTE]

I believe it was best secondary in the NFL and best defense in the AFC left in the playoffs.

Best defenses are

Seattle

Carolina

San Fran

New England

San Diego

Saints

Broncos

Chargers

[/QUOTE]

Looks right to me, except the chargers are listed twice

24. This post has been removed.