Change is coming to the Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

Re: Change is coming to the Patriots

I'd like to see Woodhead make a positive impact in replacing Faulk this year. If he can, I think between Welker and Faulk taking him under their wings that kid could be a perfect replacement for Kevin upon his choice to retire, and a great all-around back for the team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from artbee1. Show artbee1's posts

Thanks for the laughs fellas.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We need Meriweather out there. Even Belichick knows that. If he's back there he's speed will allow Butler to attack more. With Sanders back there Butler knows that if he gets beat for a deep ball he'll get burned. 

Put Meriweather out there, just because he doesn't throw a tantrum on his way to the locker room after a loss doesn't mean he doesn't care. The way I coup with losing is to laugh it off. There is no sense of wearing it on your face because it can't be changed, maybe Meriweather is the same. 

Brandon is the best DB on the roster, having him come in on nickel packages is hurting the team more than anything.

Chung and Meriweather are the future safeties of the team. Give them the keys to their defense and let them learn to play together. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Change is coming to the Patriots:
    [QUOTE]I'd like to see Woodhead make a positive impact in replacing Faulk this year. If he can, I think between Welker and Faulk taking him under their wings that kid could be a perfect replacement for Kevin upon his choice to retire, and a great all-around back for the team.
    Posted by mjxg[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see that too, but I think it's asking a bit much for a guy with such limited experience.  Faulk is not a guy you plug-and-play some replacement.  Maybe he'll be an adequate replacement eventually.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I know someone that had an involvment with the team going back to Merriweather's rookie year. He said the kid was a punk and was asleep during meetings. Now no one is going to believe that or me and that's probably a good thing, because hey it's not like I was there and witnessed it for my self. I do believe the guy, because he gave specifics of other players that have been dead on accurate as to the way their football career has gone thus far.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]We need Meriweather out there. Even Belichick knows that. If he's back there he's speed will allow Butler to attack more. With Sanders back there Butler knows that if he gets beat for a deep ball he'll get burned.  Put Meriweather out there, just because he doesn't throw a tantrum on his way to the locker room after a loss doesn't mean he doesn't care. The way I coup with losing is to laugh it off. There is no sense of wearing it on your face because it can't be changed, maybe Meriweather is the same.  Brandon is the best DB on the roster, having him come in on nickel packages is hurting the team more than anything. Chung and Meriweather are the future safeties of the team. Give them the keys to their defense and let them learn to play together. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

What good is his speed if he's consistently out of position, missing assignments (see 2009 Saints game for example) and trying to deliver a knock out blow vs wrapping up which results in a lot of missed tackles?  I'd argue that McCourty is already this teams best DB followed by Bodden (when healthy) or Chung.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Change is coming to the Patriots:
    [QUOTE]Change is coming to the Patriots on both sides of the ball. Posted by RonF[/QUOTE]

i'd say change has been coming since the 2009 draft,and there'll be more change after the 2011 draft.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Change is coming to the Patriots : What good is his speed if he's consistently out of position, missing assignments (see 2009 Saints game for example) and trying to deliver a knock out blow vs wrapping up which results in a lot of missed tackles?  I'd argue that McCourty is already this teams best DB followed by Bodden (when healthy) or Chung.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

What we've seen from Meriweather this season says that his play has gotten a lot better. He's seven for seven on tackles attempted. He seems to be wrapping people up now and he still managed to lay a thunderous hit on Chad Ochocinco in the game against the Bengals. His cover skills have gotten a ton better. The play two weeks ago where Meriweather had great coverage on Shipley that lead to a near pick, last week when the Jets scored the go ahead TD and the Pats went 3-and-out and the Jets couldn't drive the ball it was Meriweather's great coverage on Keller that allowed for the Jets' 3-and-out. 

Don't get me wrong, McCourty is great, but part of the reason teams are afraid to test him is because Chung is back there ready to pounce if the need be. Let Meriweather play, he's a developing player. Keeping him off the field is doing nothing more than slowing his development. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Dude lost his starting position for a reason........nuff said.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]Dude lost his starting position for a reason........nuff said.
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

Amen to that...I think this hot dog believes himself to be on a higher level than he already is on...But to be truthful, he is really not that good. He has speed, that is true, but no fundamentals (would prefer to go for the knockout tackle rather than just tackle whoever), and the missed coverage assignments are just pathetic for a safety. He's got some big shoes top fill (Rodney Harrison) but i just don't see it ever happening. BB might just trade him for some picks next year.