Change of topic... Why the AVATAR?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Change of topic... Why the AVATAR?

Mine is a pic of me at the Greek ruins in Paestum (southern Italy).  One of the best vacations wife and I ever had.  What has that got to do with a sports forum?  Absoutely nothing; I just like the pic.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I like peanuts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

Because I can...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

In response to thehub's comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Bill, is that golf course in VA or MD?

My avatar is simple: each logo represents each team that plays for the greatest city in the world.  I'm actually a diehard Bruins and Sox fan, as well as a casual fan of the C's but I don't comment on the other boards as much as I do here.   

I make it up to Boston semi annually to catch a Sox (summer) and Bruins(winter) game, and always do when either are playing in the DC area.  I haven't been to a C's game in about 5 years though.

Actually, a course in Myrtle Beach, SC, if I recall the course is called River Hills.  In MD, I am a member of the Queenstown Harbour Golf Links, you know it?

I played queenstown. Nice track / windy. I play in N MB alot. Barefoot course mostly. Localy, i live in NVA so I play ECC and Dominion Valley. I snuck in just shy of 100 rounds in last year. In fact i am playing27 tomorrow. Oh, the avatr is my SB ticket from last year. Great time! 

That's awesome, man.  What part of NOVA are you from? I'm from the Manassas/Prince William area. I golf regularly up here over at Bristow Manor, Stonewall, Broad Run, Bowling Green, and a few others.  Do you like Dominion Valley?  I never golfed there.  Isn't it private?

I've also played Barefoot down in MB.  Small world!

I live in gainesville. Real small world.Stonewall is near my office on rt 29. I have played all these courses. Dominion Valley is private. Lets go play someday.  I will be playing today as the weather looks good. What brought here? Me was my wifes family. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Mine is my granddaughter getting a baseball signed by the University of Virginia baseball team.I have a photo of her getting a football signed by the UVA football team that I was going to use for football season.Unfortunately,the new format won't let me change it. 

You're a Wahoo fan, mojo? Say it ain't so!!

In all seriousness, UVA always has an elite baseball program.  A few of my teammates that I played with during AAU baseball are now on the team.  Pretty cool stuff.

I live in Vermont and I'm not really a UVA fan,but more of a secondary rooter for them.My son in law and his family are from Charlottesville and big UVA fans. So my daughter moved to Charlottesville and adopted UVA as her team.They have season tickets and my granddaughter loves going to the games.She knows the fight songs and can recognize some of the players.

They also go to some baseball games and basketball games there,but football is by far her favorite. I kind of hope UVA wins for my daughter and granddaughters sake. 

The football team is mediocre for the most part,but you're absolutely right about the baseball team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I got tired of the Tebow is Jesus talk last year right before the Pats played him so I changed to this avatar, named the cat Wilfork and have just been to lazy to change it since

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Great picture of Gronk catching the ball

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I just don't really care about avatars.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Mine is my granddaughter getting a baseball signed by the University of Virginia baseball team.I have a photo of her getting a football signed by the UVA football team that I was going to use for football season.Unfortunately,the new format won't let me change it. 

You're a Wahoo fan, mojo? Say it ain't so!!

In all seriousness, UVA always has an elite baseball program.  A few of my teammates that I played with during AAU baseball are now on the team.  Pretty cool stuff.

I live in Vermont and I'm not really a UVA fan,but more of a secondary rooter for them.My son in law and his family are from Charlottesville and big UVA fans. So my daughter moved to Charlottesville and adopted UVA as her team.They have season tickets and my granddaughter loves going to the games.She knows the fight songs and can recognize some of the players.

They also go to some baseball games and basketball games there,but football is by far her favorite. I kind of hope UVA wins for my daughter and granddaughters sake. 

The football team is mediocre for the most part,but you're absolutely right about the baseball team.

That's cool stuff, mojo.  Charlottesville is a beautiful area and UVA is the #1 ranked public university in the nation.  Tell your granddaughter to keep her grades up and try to get in; some of my friends go there and absolutely love it. 

VT and UVA are huge rivals and the football games between the two schools are always a blast, even though VT wipes the floor with UVA ;)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

My avatar is simple: each logo represents each team that plays for the greatest city in the world.  I'm actually a diehard Bruins and Sox fan, as well as a casual fan of the C's but I don't comment on the other boards as much as I do here.   

I make it up to Boston semi annually to catch a Sox (summer) and Bruins(winter) game, and always do when either are playing in the DC area.  I haven't been to a C's game in about 5 years though.

Actually, a course in Myrtle Beach, SC, if I recall the course is called River Hills.  In MD, I am a member of the Queenstown Harbour Golf Links, you know it?

I played queenstown. Nice track / windy. I play in N MB alot. Barefoot course mostly. Localy, i live in NVA so I play ECC and Dominion Valley. I snuck in just shy of 100 rounds in last year. In fact i am playing27 tomorrow. Oh, the avatr is my SB ticket from last year. Great time! 

That's awesome, man.  What part of NOVA are you from? I'm from the Manassas/Prince William area. I golf regularly up here over at Bristow Manor, Stonewall, Broad Run, Bowling Green, and a few others.  Do you like Dominion Valley?  I never golfed there.  Isn't it private?

I've also played Barefoot down in MB.  Small world!

I live in gainesville. Real small world.Stonewall is near my office on rt 29. I have played all these courses. Dominion Valley is private. Lets go play someday.  I will be playing today as the weather looks good. What brought here? Me was my wifes family. 

I wish I could go out and play today but I'm stuck doing work.  The past few days have been perfect autumn-type golf days.  My dad, his buddy, who is also a pats fan, and I golf pretty regularly up here so it'd be awesome to add another Pats fan to make it a 4-some.  I go back to school here in about a week and a half but I return in mid-May.  If you'd ever like to golf with a few fellow Pats fans, shoot me a PM on here and maybe we could get together.  (does this board still do private messages?  I feel like so many of the features before the overhaul have been removed)

But as for why I live here: I was actually born here.  Both of my parents, as well as the rest of my relatives are from the Woburn, MA area, but my parents moved down here to Northern VA about 2 years before I was born.  Back when my sisters and I were young we would head up to Boston about 3 times a year, but now that we're much older and in college, we only make it up about once a year.  I plan on moving up there when I graduate.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I got tired of the Tebow is Jesus talk last year right before the Pats played him so I changed to this avatar, named the cat Wilfork and have just been to lazy to change it since

PatsEng, I've always thought your avatar was the funniest.  Nice work. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

your avatar is one of my favs!

Thanks Quag!  Yours is also a classic. 

GIGGIDY GIGGIDY!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:

I Was 7 When The SoX  Won The Series Back In 1918..Just Love The Hanging Sox Patch..

Well... you are an "old" sage one!!!! LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Myrtle Beach is prime location for some golf.  I've golfed at Sandpiper Bay and Barefoot Resort.  Both are very nice courses.  I've never golfed in MD, however, so I'm not familiar with Queenstown.  I'm assuming you golf regularly; what is your handicap?

Finished 2012 at 6.6...  crept up a bit this past year.. need to play more.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:

I Was 7 When The SoX  Won The Series Back In 1918..Just Love The Hanging Sox Patch..

Well... you are an "old" sage one!!!! LOL

I'm not the only one that saw that.   I guess your life got completed a few times now with the Boston teams    We won't mention the heart breaks. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Myrtle Beach is prime location for some golf.  I've golfed at Sandpiper Bay and Barefoot Resort.  Both are very nice courses.  I've never golfed in MD, however, so I'm not familiar with Queenstown.  I'm assuming you golf regularly; what is your handicap?

Wow.  That's impressive.  I never golfed until I gave up baseball after high school so I just began golfing pretty regularly about 2 years ago.  I'm only at a 18 handicap but I'm keeping the faith that I can get into single digits within the next few years.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

You really care Leon? I'm touched.  Is it the green and white that piqued your interest?  It's not Jets "gear" I promise you!  OK, it's Easter Road in Leith (Edinburgh), Scotland, home of Hibernian F.C.  Hibs play in the Scottish Premier League.  The picture you see at the stadium, it is the Famous Five, all associated with Hibernian's impressive run of league championships long ago.  Think of it as Gastineau, Klecko, Freeman McNeil, Al Toon and whomever else conjures us good ol' Jets memories for you.   I grew up a few minutes from the football stadium.    

This brings back some great memories for me. From the late 80s through the mid-90s, we lived in the UK as expats. One of my saleswomen, Billie Neilands (sp?), was from Edinburgh and introduced me to the Proclaimers. I became a huge fan of their music. By coincidence, I was at a Hibs football game in 1990 or 1991, which was the first soccer game I ever saw live. I guess those were tough times for the football club but the fans had banded together to resist some kind of bankruptcy or merger. Well, during the game the group of fans around me broke spontaneously into a rendition of "Sunshine on Leith." I knew every word of that song, and sang and drank along with the crowd. Had a great time but embarassed the heck out of my wife.

I still get chills everytime I hear Sunshine on Leith played anywhere, reminds me of cold days at Easter Road watching Hibs.  Brings back good memories of home, although Boston is my home now.  Proclaimers are underrated, most people only know the "500 miles" song.     

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Wow.  That's impressive.  I never golfed until I gave up baseball after high school so I just began golfing pretty regularly about 2 years ago.  I'm only at a 18 handicap but I'm keeping the faith that I can get into single digits within the next few years.

THANKS... Here's the problem with carrying a SDH, you get very frustrated quickly when not playing well and need to play regularly to keep it. Best thing I did to get there, play to the best parts of your game.  IE - you do not have to hit driver on every hole.  Put your tee shot in play in which you are using your most consistent clubs.  Around here as I can play golf year round for the most part.  Played both Saturday and Sunday this past weekend.  This week temps are to be in the mid to upper 50's with 60's on the weekend!  FORE!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

I just don't really care about avatars.

We have seen that.. but, THANKS for being a part of this discussion.  By the way, the change in this board does not allow you to add an avatar now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

THANKS... Here's the problem with carrying a SDH, you get very frustrated quickly when not playing well and need to play regularly to keep it. Best thing I did to get there, play to the best parts of your game.  IE - you do not have to hit driver on every hole.  Put your tee shot in play in which you are using your most consistent clubs.  Around here as I can play golf year round for the most part.  Played both Saturday and Sunday this past weekend.  This week temps are to be in the mid to upper 50's with 60's on the weekend!  FORE!!

Thanks for the insight.  I bet it is frustrating to keep up with such high expectations.  That's another problem with my game: due to my competitive nature, I'm easily frustrated so if I screw up on one hole, I lose my focus on the next hole and it's a downward spiral.  I have to remind myself I'm out there for the fun and love of the game.  It's such a great sport.

But if I can shore up my short game, I think I'd be able to do it.  Off the tee I hit it between 280-300 consistently and will be on the green in 2 and then I freaking 3-putt!  It's so frustrating.  When the weather gets warmer I'm going to head out to my local golf course and just putt on the practice greens.

Have fun golfing this weekend but be sure to be in by 4pm on Sunday!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

^ - absolutely hate three putts and I shall be in the house by 4!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Thanks for the insight.  I bet it is frustrating to keep up with such high expectations.  That's another problem with my game: due to my competitive nature, I'm easily frustrated so if I screw up on one hole, I lose my focus on the next hole and it's a downward spiral.  I have to remind myself I'm out there for the fun and love of the game.  It's such a great sport.

But if I can shore up my short game, I think I'd be able to do it.  Off the tee I hit it between 280-300 consistently and will be on the green in 2 and then I freaking 3-putt!  It's so frustrating.  When the weather gets warmer I'm going to head out to my local golf course and just putt on the practice greens.

I have a solution to this problem in my bag. I carry a small shovel with me and make the hole bigger before I putt

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I have a solution to this problem in my bag. I carry a small shovel with me and make the hole bigger before I putt

LOL!! Brilliant!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to EastTraveler's comment:

Because I can...

LOL!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

My college

Sections
Shortcuts