Changes Needed at WR position

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Changes Needed at WR position

this was a heartbreaking loss
    defense and offense both get the blame.

but come draft day 
    We need some changes , wes dropped the ball , 
    i just cant stand brady throwing those deep balls to underwood or ocho or gronk on half a leg  
    we need a deep threat , 
    it has been said some many times , 
    but can you imagine brady throwing it to megatron .

i think time to say goodbye to ocho - now show and deion branch 
    with wes gronk hernandez and a deep threat 
    and some young RB we can make this offense even better

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Changes Needed at WR position

definitely would be a fan of brandon lloyd or dwyane bowe coming to new england

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Agree fully.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I agree...I think Lloyd will be on the Pats radar unless they really get the chills when they meet with him.  THey could use a WR...and call some plays to throw to the receivers.  They were a bit stale and Brady in my opinion became a bit lazy...throwing it to the same three guys. 

Having a dangerous receiver would add a bit to our offense...not necessarily to "stretch the field", but literally be the guy that WILL go up and get the ball or make the tough catches.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Yep.  Upgrade or two at WR clearly needed.  If defenses actually had to cover the whole field we would be much tougher.  Giants did a nice job on Gronk/Hernandez, if we had a stud reciever on the outside things would have been opened up a little more.  Hats off to Eli & Giants, they played a good, smart game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

WR wil Be a position of need higher than many think 
    DE An WR are must

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i won't argue against getting a deep threat wide out. however i think the o philosophy has center less on tb's passing. go back to what got them 3 SBs -- not the passing records.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Lloyd. he's nothing without McDaniels. he knows it. We know it. He'll fit better than Ocho.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

sometimes you got to throw the deep ball make 
    the defense shift it's game
    this game they weren't afraid of no one in the deep routes 
    so they clogged the receivers 

i like branch but he has lost a step
    and ocho - you know what you get 

WR can help in this situations 
    the int to slater or gronk could be different for example if we had megatron
    just a hunch 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

give Welker The contract 
    but get younger at WR 
    and damn get a retun guy 
    cant stand woodhead returning the ball 
    we never started at a good filed position 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Changes Needed at WR position:
    [QUOTE]this was a heartbreaking loss defense and offense both get the blame. but come draft day  We need some changes , wes dropped the ball ,  i just cant stand brady throwing those deep balls to underwood or ocho or gronk on half a leg   we need a deep threat ,  it has been said some many times ,  but can you imagine brady throwing it to megatron . i think time to say goodbye to ocho - now show and deion branch  with wes gronk hernandez and a deep threat  and some young RB we can make this offense even better
    Posted by yakv[/QUOTE]
    A deep threat or two you need. Law firm is your feature lead back. What you need are defensive players and keep BB out of the mix for draftees. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

This team has a lot of holes to fill and one or two WR are needed. The game plan was pathetic, as if Belichick and Brady thought it would be an easy game. I think the coach was over-confident. Brady again played at a level lower than needed. He has not shown extended good play in e post season for a long time. They should start developing Mallett as number 2 on the list and give Brady some competition. Letting them score at the end like that was crazy, the guy walked in and sat down on the goal line with less than a minute to play. Like the Ravens said, they are a dink and dunk offense that cannot beat a good defense when a score is needed and little time remaining. They did not have the deep threat receivers to pull it off. Rip the ball out...go for the turnover...but perhaps they don't have the personnel for that either. The defensive roster needs an enema. They had better choose better in the draft. I think they will because the salary limits will cause a shift in their basic draft and pay philosophy. I believe the Belichick-Brady role needs to be closely examined...all good things come to an end.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Considering that our receiving corps in the Super Bowl was Welker, Branch, Ocho and Edelman I would say an upgrade of everyone after Welker is needed!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

The WR position has been an issue well before this game!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

What WR?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Bad Loss hearbreaking 
    but we have to move on 

must sign welker 
    ocho branch walking papers

Floyd could be a good fit ,
    no more 2 round or 3 round talent at wr
    we need a first rounder  
    pick  DE with the second pick
    No more trading down it sucks 
    No more cb please !!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LegendofBoston. Show LegendofBoston's posts

In Response to Re: Changes Needed at WR position:
    [QUOTE]I agree...I think Lloyd will be on the Pats radar unless they really get the chills when they meet with him.  THey could use a WR...and call some plays to throw to the receivers.  They were a bit stale and Brady in my opinion became a bit lazy...throwing it to the same three guys.  Having a dangerous receiver would add a bit to our offense...not necessarily to "stretch the field", but literally be the guy that WILL go up and get the ball or make the tough catches.
    Posted by Ytsejamer1[/QUOTE]

You all seem to forget we had one of the greatest recievers ever to play the game on our team and still lost to these pesky Giants in the superbowl. We need a stronger running game , plain and simple. Since we have lost the likes of Corey Dillon,  our ground game stinks. Don't get me wrong I do like BGE, but more as a goal line guy. We need someone who can pound the rock 20-25 times a game and help us with that time of possesion game. Lets also not forget what helped us in the previous 3 super bowl wins, (winning the turnover battle). Law, Bruschi, Mcginnest, etc etc, all used to come up with a big play in the clutch. I havent seen that since the afore mentioned players have left. Think we are still missing Seymour in a bad way. He and Vince made an unstoppable duo. They also freed up the likes of Vrabel, Mcginnest etc . To end my post I want to say that throw downfield to Gronk looked very similar to the same pick Brady threw against Baltimore, both throws should never had been made, both poor decisions on Bradys part.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Changes Needed at WR position:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Changes Needed at WR position : You all seem to forget we had one of the greatest recievers ever to play the game on our team and still lost to these pesky Giants in the superbowl. We need a stronger running game , plain and simple. Since we have lost the likes of Corey Dillon,  our ground game stinks. Don't get me wrong I do like BGE, but more as a goal line guy. We need someone who can pound the rock 20-25 times a game and help us with that time of possesion game. Lets also not forget what helped us in the previous 3 super bowl wins, (winning the turnover battle). Law, Bruschi, Mcginnest, etc etc, all used to come up with a big play in the clutch. I havent seen that since the afore mentioned players have left. Think we are still missing Seymour in a bad way. He and Vince made an unstoppable duo. They also freed up the likes of Vrabel, Mcginnest etc . To end my post I want to say that throw downfield to Gronk looked very similar to the same pick Brady threw against Baltimore, both throws should never had been made, both poor decisions on Bradys part.
    Posted by LegendofBoston[/QUOTE]

i don't think there is any argument against the idea that the pats needs to run better. how you get that is what's debatable. i believe that since the acquisition of moss and welker, the pats OL has worked much harder trying to protect tb than opening up lanes for the RBs. this is due to philosophical change that now centers too much around tb's passing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Brady Was Hurt By The absence of seperation of the recievers 
    like branch and ocho ,
    Every year we talk about deep threat and every big game the issue pops up

man they could have signed randy moss instaed of underwood or silvestro