Changes to forums and comments

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Changes to forums and comments

Dottie...if his thread is as popular and as interesting as he claims, why then is there a need to permanently affix it atop of all others? TFL seeks to direct discussions on this forum to Fantasy Football. FF has no place on a forum page entitled "Pastriots on the Front Burner"...nor is it relevant to the 2012 season. This is merely a selfish and egotistical attempt on his part to try to direct and dictate discussions here...by his own admission. As I have stated previously, giving FF a preferential, permanent spot atop all other threads would be detrimental in many ways to to this Patriots forum. 

6 pages, 142 posts in just 7 days, yes this thread is going to be popular during the course of the season.  There will be at least 15-20 people posting in it throughout the season so it is going to be a very large thread.  During the season there are so many small threads that people make that it's just natural that the Patriots Sunday Bunch thread is going to get moved all over the place regardless of how frequently people will pbe posting in it.  I do not understand why you have such a problem with one thread pinned to the top for the convienence of many people who actively post in the Patriots on the Front Burner forum.  As I mentioned before, the forum consists of many non Patriots related threads already, none of the other sub forums were ever used,  that your argument of it not being "Patriot" related really isn't valid. 

I don't understand your resistance of this thread.  There is nothing selfish and/or egotistical about it.  It's not a hey look at me type thread, it is a thread that many here will be posting in throughout the season and it is just very convenient to have it pinned at the top.  Generally that is what forums do to threads that will be used as much as this one will be.  It is a courtesy to the forum members to have it pinned to the top.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I agree 100% with TexasPat.  Neither of those 2 threads belong in the "On the Front Burner" page.  They have nothing too do with current Patriot talk. 

Solution: Move them to another page, say "Around the NFL" and make them Red and Sticky.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

2 posters going pack in forth about fantasy drivel were responsible for 5 pages and 136 posts.  How about you swap phone # so the "Patriots Front Burner" Board can remain just that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Changes to forums and comments:

2 posters going pack in forth about fantasy drivel were responsible for 5 pages and 136 posts.  How about you swap phone # so the "Patriots Front Burner" Board can remain just that.

Oh the ironey. The guy you agreed with starts multiple non Pats related topics including " Dolphins Trade Vontae Davis to Colts" which should be in the around the league thread and yet you say not a single word about it but mention 2 threads that historically have actually discussed the Pats throughout the year (if you read the 2011 FF thread there were multiple discussions involving the Pats, along with the draft thread being all about what players the Patriots should target)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I agree 100% with TexasPat.  Neither of those 2 threads belong in the "On the Front Burner" page.  They have nothing too do with current Patriot talk. 

Solution: Move them to another page, say "Around the NFL" and make them Red and Sticky

Sorry tcal2 but it really doesn't make sense to move one thread to a forum that is never used.  Plus there are so many "non Patriot" related threads in the Patriots on the Front Burner forum that it would take a lot of effort by the moderators to police the forums and move threads to the forums you think they belong in.  There is a lot of Patriots talk that goes on in the Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football thread, after all there are Patriots players on Fantasy teams. 

Unbelievable why this is such an issue.  Why are you and TexasPat not complaining about the 'Dez Bryant Contract' thread being in th Patriots on the Front Burner forum, last I checked Dez Bryant played on the Cowboys.  Or what about the thread titled 'Humor' that is about the Jets or the one titled 'Does Communist Contrarian work for TMZ' thread... to name a couple.  There are many non Patriots related thread in the forum.  It's just the nature of the forum.  So why are you making such an effort to single out this one thread?  Looks like you have an agenda here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

" you selfishly trying to direct/dictate the nature of discussions"

Isn't this what you are trying to do by saying which discussions are and aren't allowed on this board, based on what you feel is relevant?

Okay...you tell me how Fantasy Football is relevant on a forum entitled, Patriots on the Front Burner?" You tell me what relevance a thread on the 2013 NFL Draft is to the 2012 Patriots, or the 2012 NFL season? I look forward to your response. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Couple of things missing namely the edit, ignore, and spell check features. Additionally the quote function seems to be a bit off where it's doesn't mention the original posters screen name, has a weird quote stacking, and won't actually shadow quote on occassion instead leaving the base code up. Other then that it looks pretty good Dottie

Also you can't click on the"minutes ago" mark...as in the link to take you to the most recent post on a thread. Mobile phone use has become near impossible, it was always difficult with the other software but managable. Now it literally doesn't work half of the time, and when it does, it is almost pointless. You can't correct any mistakes, and cannot go back with the cursor to a previous sentence. Over all this change has been discouraging. I hope BDC can fix a lot of these bugs qucikly as we have all waited a long time for this season to start, and well....it's here. Seems earlier in the off season would have been a more appropriate time to make these changes but so be it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

The real solution here is to set this up so that an individual's forum favorites or preferences are attached to their PROFILE.
    That way, each user can set their own preferences and mark whatever threads they want to appear at the top of the particular discussion board.
    So, each user gets to see what they want in the order they want, and no one's preferences get forced onto anyone else.
    That seems like a good solution to me.

THis is a very good solution. Everyone wins.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Oh the ironey. The guy you agreed with starts multiple non Pats related topics including " Dolphins Trade Vontae Davis to Colts" which should be in the around the league thread and yet you say not a single word about

RESPONSE: You fantasy whiners are a scream. Talk about drivel...the aforementioned post not only has to do with real football, but also has to do with a divisional foe, and a long time Patriots' rival. Besides, did I ask that the Davis thread be affixed atop all other threads?  

it but mention 2 threads that historically have actually discussed the Pats throughout the year (if you read the 2011 FF thread there were multiple discussions involving the Pats, along with the draft thread being all about what players the Patriots should target)

RESPONSE: You are practicing revisionist history, my friend. Since when has the FF thread been discussed here, throughout the year? What does FF have to do with the Pats, or the 2012 season? 
         As for the 2013 Draft thread, only a handful of posters discuss the matter until around February, when draft discussion takes center stage. If these threads are as wonderful and popular as you claim, why is there a need to permanently affix them atop all others?   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

PE - Agreeing with someone's point on a particular issue doesn't mean I agree with with everything they say, 

TFB - how do you know I don't report those threads?  The good thing is that they are usually off the front page by the next day, no one is making them Red and Sticky.  Sorry man but FF geeks make comic con geeks look like Rock Stars and it's not very easy making someone wearing an Ewok suit look cool.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Isn't this what you are trying to do by saying which discussions are and aren't allowed on this board, based on what you feel is relevant?

Okay...you tell me how Fantasy Football is relevant on a forum entitled, Patriots on the Front Burner?" You tell me what relevance a thread on the 2013 NFL Draft is to the 2012 Patriots, or the 2012 NFL season? I look forward to your response. 

Because the FF thread during the course of the season is for Patriot fans who play FF while also discussing Patritos football (I'm guessing you never read the thread from last year)

As for the draft thread the 2012 Patriots season is discussed in great length throughout the season and is used as a way to consider which positions need to be sured up and strength using the 2013 draft. Are you honestly trying to tell me that the 2012 Patriots season will have no affect on the 2013 draft? You don't think BB has scouts that are looking at certain positions or players based on what he sees is going to be a need based on the play of the 2012 season?

I would love to hear how you feel that the 2012 season has no bearing on the 2013 draft. I look forward to your response.

BTW how does your Vonte Davis trade to the Colts have any bearing on the 2012 Pats season. Or how about your COlts threads last year. What bearing do Colts threads have on the Patriots?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Solution: Move them to another page, say "Around the NFL" and make them Red and Sticky

Sorry tcal2 but it really doesn't make sense to move one thread to a forum that is never used.

RESPONSE: Of course not, because it interferes with your agenda of directing and dictating the subjects of discussion here. 

Plus there are so many "non Patriot" related threads in the Patriots on the Front Burner forum that it would take a lot of effort by the moderators to police the forums and move threads to the forums you think they belong in.

RESPONSE: Patriots on the Front Burner has always been a forum dealing with the Patriots, and the NFL. Real football...not your silly fantasy league. Unlike FF, the 2013 NFL Draft thread is football related, and therefore, belongs. But, it does not deserve or need preferential treatment, in the form of being permanently affixed atop all other threads. Every time that is done, it a form of directing and or dictating the discussion content. By your own admission, that is your goal.  

There is a lot of Patriots talk that goes on in the Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football thread, after all there are Patriots players on Fantasy teams.

RESPONSE: Nonsense...LOL!!! 

Unbelievable why this is such an issue.  Why are you and TexasPat not complaining about the 'Dez Bryant Contract' thread being in th Patriots on the Front Burner forum, last I checked Dez Bryant played on the Cowboys.

RESPONSE: Again, it's related to real football, and the 2012 NFL season.  

Or what about the thread titled 'Humor' that is about the Jets or the one titled 'Does Communist Contrarian work for TMZ' thread... to name a couple.

RESPONSE: Surely you jest. The Jets are a division rival, and perhaps the most hated rival of all Patriots' fans. How can there be discussions about the Patriots' season without discussing other AFC East rivals, and other tteams and players in general? Every year, the Pats contend for a championship. Accordingly, what happens with other teams throughout the league is of interest.

There are many non Patriots related thread in the forum.  It's just the nature of the forum.  So why are you making such an effort to single out this one thread?

RESPONSE: Let's get it straight, I have no problem with you and your fellow handful of fanticizers setting up a FF thread here, even though it has nothing to do with real football. What I object to is you trying to direct and/or dictate FF discussions, by having your pet thread permanently affixed atop of all others. Are we clear?

Looks like you have an agenda here.

Whatever...LOL!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Because the FF thread during the course of the season is for Patriot fans who play FF while also discussing Patritos football (I'm guessing you never read the thread from last year)

RESPONSE: I have no problem with you and your fellow fanticizers have a FF thread here. My problem lies with the attempt by TFL and you to direct and dictate the discussions here, by having your lovable FF thread permaanently affixed, atop of all others. If your FF thread is as wonderful and as popular as you claim it to be, then why is there a need for a sticky? Are we clear? 

As for the draft thread the 2012 Patriots season is discussed in great length throughout the season and is used as a way to consider which positions need to be sured up and strength using the 2013 draft.

RESPONSE: Nonsense. Various college prospects are discussed, and silly predictions are made as to who shall be available to certain teams. I say silly, because neither tthe 2012 NCAA or NFL seasons have been played. But, if doing this floats your boaat, I'm fine with it.
         AGAIN, my problem lies with the need for a sticky.

Are you honestly trying to tell me that the 2012 Patriots season will have no affect on the 2013 draft?

RESPONSE: Of course it will, at the conclusion of the season. Not now. AGAIN, I have no problem with there being a year round thread dealing with the draft. My problem lies wwith permanently affixing it atop all other threads. 

You don't think BB has scouts that are looking at certain positions or players based on what he sees is going to be a need based on the play of the 2012 season?

RESPONSE: And your point is?

I would love to hear how you feel that the 2012 season has no bearing on the 2013 draft. I look forward to your response.

RESPONSE: Read what I've stated above. I'm okay if a handful of fantacizers and draftniks want to start, and perpetuate threads on these subject. What I strongly object to is trying to direct and/or dictate discussions on these subjects by having them permanently affixed atop all others.  

BTW how does your Vonte Davis trade to the Colts have any bearing on the 2012 Pats season.

RESPONSE: Last time I checked, the Dolphins were in the AFC East...a divisional rival of the Pats. The Patriots play the 'Fins twice this season, and the hated Colts once. So, what's happening to those teams has relevance. Besides, it's a REAL football related topic...that at least ddeals with the 2012 season.Can you say the same for your FF thread...or even the 2013 NFL Draft thread?  

Or how about your COlts threads last year. What bearing do Colts threads have on the Patriots?

RESPONSE: For the past decade, the Colts have been the Patriots' greatest rival. Obviously, you're still in fantasy mode...LOL!!!  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ayisyen. Show Ayisyen's posts

Where is the mark read button, or why don't the threads automatically gets marked as read after reading them like before?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

R ESPONSE: Patriots on the Front Burner has always been a forum dealing with the Patriots, and the NFL. Real football...not your silly fantasy league. Unlike FF, the 2013 NFL Draft thread is football related, and therefore, belongs. But, it does not deserve or need preferential treatment, in the form of being permanently affixed atop all other threads. Every time that is done, it a form of directing and or dictating the discussion content. By your own admission, that is your goal.  

There is a lot of Patriots talk that goes on in the Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football thread, after all there are Patriots players on Fantasy teams.

RESPONSE: Nonsense...LOL!!! 

Unbelievable why this is such an issue.  Why are you and TexasPat not complaining about the 'Dez Bryant Contract' thread being in th Patriots on the Front Burner forum, last I checked Dez Bryant played on the Cowboys.

RESPONSE: Again, it's related to real football, and the 2012 NFL season.  

Or what about the thread titled 'Humor' that is about the Jets or the one titled 'Does Communist Contrarian work for TMZ' thread... to name a couple.

RESPONSE: Surely you jest. The Jets are a division rival, and perhaps the most hated rival of all Patriots' fans. How can there be discussions about the Patriots' season without discussing other AFC East rivals, and other tteams and players in general? Every year, the Pats contend for a championship. Accordingly, what happens with other teams throughout the league is of interest.

There are many non Patriots related thread in the forum.  It's just the nature of the forum.  So why are you making such an effort to single out this one thread?

RESPONSE: Let's get it straight, I have no problem with you and your fellow handful of fanticizers setting up a FF thread here, even though it has nothing to do with real football. What I object to is you trying to direct and/or dictate FF discussions, by having your pet thread permanently affixed atop of all others. Are we clear?

You contradict yourself many times here.  First you say only Patriots talk deserves to be in the forum, now you are saying all NFL talk.  What??  Make up your mind. 

Sorry but Fantasy Football is huge, it is popular all accross the country.  Just because you are not into it doesn't mean it shouldn't be allowed in a forum about football.  Fantasy football is about players real life football /game production, it is certainly relevant to a NFL forum. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

TP - you've said multiple times that the draft and FF threads have nothing to do with the 2012 or the Pats and shouldn't be on the front burner because it's not relevant to the 2012 Patriots. You keep on changing your statement.

I quote "Okay...you tell me how Fantasy Football is relevant on a forum entitled, Patriots on the Front Burner?" You tell me what relevance a thread on the 2013 NFL Draft is to the 2012 Patriots, or the 2012 NFL season? I look forward to your response. "

That sure sounds like to me that you don't want either on this board labeled "Patriots Front Burner" yet then you say it's fine for both to be on the board you just don't want them stickied. One is relevent to Patriot fans, which this site is designed for, and the other uses the current 2012 as a bearing for future moves which involves this season. And, you say we are trying to dictate the board when clearly you are trying to dicide what should or shouldn't be allowed. You claim we have the agenda but it's clear you have a agenda to not want to see any threads you don't deem relevant.

We didn't want the threads stickied for ego, it was so that each thread that each had 20 different posters on them (I counted before the draft thread disappeared) could be easily reached by those loyal posters who enjoy talking on them without having to go searching after a weekends worth of trolling (usually Colts or Jets week) buried all Pats threads that we normally enjoy. If it's not your cup of tea then so be it but there having a thread up top annoys you so much that you have to deny the enjoyment of others because of it?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

TP - you've said multiple times that the draft and FF threads have nothing to do with the 2012 or the Pats and shouldn't be on the front burner because it's not relevant to the 2012 Patriots. You keep on changing your statement.

I quote "Okay...you tell me how Fantasy Football is relevant on a forum entitled, Patriots on the Front Burner?" You tell me what relevance a thread on the 2013 NFL Draft is to the 2012 Patriots, or the 2012 NFL season? I look forward to your response. "

That sure sounds like to me that you don't want either on this board labeled "Patriots Front Burner" yet then you say it's fine for both to be on the board you just don't want them stickied. One is relevent to Patriot fans, which this site is designed for, and the other uses the current 2012 as a bearing for future moves which involves this season. And, you say we are trying to dictate the board when clearly you are trying to dicide what should or shouldn't be allowed. You claim we have the agenda but it's clear you have a agenda to not want to see any threads you don't deem relevant.

We didn't want the threads stickied for ego, it was so that each thread that each had 20 different posters on them (I counted before the draft thread disappeared) could be easily reached by those loyal posters who enjoy talking on them without having to go searching after a weekends worth of trolling (usually Colts or Jets week) buried all Pats threads that we normally enjoy. If it's not your cup of tea then so be it but there having a thread up top annoys you so much that you have to deny the enjoyment of others because of it?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

The real solution here is to set this up so that an individual's forum favorites or preferences are attached to their PROFILE.
    That way, each user can set their own preferences and mark whatever threads they want to appear at the top of the particular discussion board.
    So, each user gets to see what they want in the order they want, and no one's preferences get forced onto anyone else.
    That seems like a good solution to me.

Great idea!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

PE - Agreeing with someone's point on a particular issue doesn't mean I agree with with everything they say, 

TFB - how do you know I don't report those threads?  The good thing is that they are usually off the front page by the next day, no one is making them Red and Sticky.  Sorry man but FF geeks make comic con geeks look like Rock Stars and it's not very easy making someone wearing an Ewok suit look cool.

You take that back!! What did Ewoks ever do to you? They're innocent creatures who just try to mind their own business and have to deal with storm troopers littering all over their property

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Nice new forum setup, by the way.  Nice job taking a huge step back into the 1990s BDC.  I'll add that it is perfect for the moron patsie fans.

Dottie, see what we have to put up with?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Dottie, when the animals are running the zoo, it's time to get out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

To BDC Dottie

And Thanks Tinman, your the man. Dottie see Tinman comment above ^

Good Morning Dottie, here is a doable solution for common ground. Thank the Tinman for the Key word 'PREFERENCES'. I'll not get technical here. I'm not an IT expert at all but I've developed Web Pages as a hobby. I'm in the Medical Profession.

When any visitor to our forum lQQks at it, they will see exactly how BDC has decided to design the forum. Like it or NOT!

When a Forum MEMBER logs-in, that member is now in custody of our forum software. What they will see is exactly how they Preferred to see the forum.

For example:

Before log-in they will/can see all the comments from the members they have  'PREFERRED' to be on IGNORE. When they log-in they now do not see the posts and comments from the ignored. But, they DO SEE a blank space with the message 'you have ignored this member'. This is because the software knows your log-in name and points to your PREFERENCES in the code.

IN the same way a member may choose to IGNORE a particular thread. When they log-in, the thread they ignored is now invisible to them every time they log-in but they WILL NOT see an annoying blank space message that the thread is being ignored. They will be invisible.

To implement this, the code will be instructed to place the ignored thread into what they call 'white space' meaning invisible. The IT programmers know how to do this. Same code page as Member ignore and followed by a small function/routine for Thread Ignore and omit the reminder ignored code.

What this means is the members who prefer to have the sticky threads get them and the members who prefer Not to see them do'nt. You will not see an annoying blank 'white space'. This also applies to any other thread you wish to be invisible.

So that ought to please everyone.

Happy Turk day ...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

TexasPat never had a problem last year or this year with the Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football thread being in the Patriots on the Front Burner forum until it was pinned to the top in bright red color recently.  Maybe he doesn't like the color being bright red, maybe BDC can change the color,  maybe he felt slighted that his threads never were pinned to the top, or maybe both.  But I find it very strange that he would now seem to have a very big problem with this.  I don't understand.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Nice new forum setup, by the way.  Nice job taking a huge step back into the 1990s BDC.  I'll add that it is perfect for the moron patsie fans.

This is why you need to ban the ip address and not just the user!

Sections
Shortcuts