Changes to forums and comments

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Changes to forums and comments

Well that was interesting, did you actually fix anything?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

who ever is listing every comment made in one posting over and over is ruining this board. Look at the results since the change has been made... abysmal!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

IGNORE BUTTON PLEASE!!!!

I have not been posting because of people I can't stand. I am sure a lot of people are the same way. I may just completely stop coming here. It's one user off your engagement KPI.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

How to screw up a good thing! I have tried to post on numerous occasions recently and haven't been able to. Everything is over complicated and I never seem to be able to access previous posts. In my humble opinion, you have only succeeded in taking an excellent site and totally trashed it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

This site was brilliant about five years ago. It has become painfully difficult to maneuver thru ever since. Currently, it's quite tedious to read thru the threads. Not talking about the content(that's another story - lol), just the format, I guess. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Are they still working on these forum changes or is this the final product?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I dont know if this answers your question, TFB, but this is dottie's response in the Talk to BDC forum yesterday regarding return of the IGNORE feature:

Hi Mighty, don't have a specific date for you; it depends on how long it takes the developers to work through the other items that are ahead of it on the list. Because of development work they also have to do on other projects as well, I'd estimate a couple of months.

Pretty funny, huh? Wasnt it just three weeks ago that dottie was assuring us, her "devs" were working hard to restore full functionality of the forum? Turns out theyre all too busy now working on other projects lol

I guess fixing the message boards is pretty low on the order of importance around here

Gee, SHOCKER

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I just seen that too.  A couple of months,  Seriously?  I posted in that forum asking how long until they fix the quote's.  It is driving me crazy, you would think the quoting one's post would be an easy fix.  Guess not or it's way down the list too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

What I can't understand is why the rush to change from something that worked great to a new system that is terrible and will take months to get working smoothly?

Brilliant!

Also like TB12, the Quote System drives me nuts so I don't read posts that contain more than one or two of them.  And this can't be fixed for a couple of months?  

Wow!

There must be something else going on in the background at BDC otherwise the butchering of this Forum makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Dottie I'm sorry it's come to this but I'm going to have to let you go.  I haven't felt this bad since I fired the rally monkey.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

Re: Changes to forums and comments This forum is terrible! Im posting in the fu!kin headline! Keep it up and this board dies.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I haven't read through this thread except for the last page but any word on when the ignore button will be back? This forum needs it badly...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

Re: Changes to forums and comments...STILL NO ANSWER?!! BDC SUX AND DESERVES WHAT IT GETS. A SHIT SITE.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Hi Dottie remember me? I just wanted to let you know that NOISE was the big knock out pool winner. You'll need to contact him about that trip to Hawaii that he won.

BTW theres a lot of screaming going on for the ignore button. Maybe after your developers come off vacation that can look into that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"There must be something else going on in the background at BDC otherwise the butchering of this Forum makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. "

How about the ongoing financial challenges of digital media web sites? 

That works for me. 

We were told forums would be even better after the change but it seems logical to assume it was a cost cutting move. 

They remain buggy and a good chunk of traffic has been lost. The quoting issue on posts is actually the biggest problem, even more than the ignore button. 

It's too bad as these forums were great, I hope they can be great again but a good start would be some honesty on why this all happened and what's next. 

I suppose saying "two months out on meaningful improvements" is a start. :) 

Rooting for the BDC! hope it works out. 

Meantime as for ignore, I hope they simplify the project and don't worry about importing old ignore lists. Just start from scratch, many folks have moved on anyhow, old ignore lists woudln't add much value and it would be simpler for the developers to build something new. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

can you delete the 8 redundant copies of the thread i just posted. how irritating. thanks

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: Changes to forums and comments. WHY WERE THE DUPLICATE THREADS POSTED?

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

can you delete the 8 redundant copies of the thread i just posted. how irritating. thanks

[/QUOTE]

got a twitchy trigger finger?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hi Dottie remember me? I just wanted to let you know that NOISE was the big knock out pool winner. You'll need to contact him about that trip to Hawaii that he won.

BTW theres a lot of screaming going on for the ignore button. Maybe after your developers come off vacation that can look into that.

[/QUOTE]

When they return from vacation, the developers are going back out on holiday

Then after holiday, it's their bye week (which lasts a month)

After bye week, some will be putting in for sabbatical

Present estimate for return of the IGNORE function: 18 months, or just in time for the 2014 NFL draft

I'm more interested in restoring DELETE and fixing the messed up quote system

But those wont be ready any time soon either

Geesh...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

When they return from vacation, the developers are going back out on holiday

Then after holiday, it's their bye week (which lasts a month)

After bye week, some will be putting in for sabbatical

Present estimate for return of the IGNORE function: 18 months, or just in time for the 2014 NFL draft

I'm more interested in restoring DELETE and fixing the messed up quote system

But those wont be ready any time soon either

Geesh...

[/QUOTE]

It's obvious that fixing this Forum is an extremely low priority for BDC.  In the mean time, readership drops off, Trolls run amok and nobody cares.  

Why didn't they just leave it alone instead of improving it to death?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Agree about the low priority

I assume they took these forums in house to save money

If you want a good laugh, reread dottie's empty promises/false assurances in her "explainer" posted in this thread's OP

Two months later, we are still waiting

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Dottie... How come you haven't been fired?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Sorry...but I'm sick and tired of trying to author long posts, only to lose them half-way through due to some sort of error. Never had such problems until you guys embarked upon this change. Promises of improvements have not been kept. This new system appears to be riddled with some sort of virus, which causes computers to freeze up. Extremely frustrated. Don't see things getting better.    

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dottie... How come you haven't been fired?

[/QUOTE]

Dottie I'm sorry it's come to this but I'm going to have to let you go.  I haven't felt this bad since I fired the rally monkey.

Its already been done.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]

Its already been done.

[/QUOTE]

More to the point, Dottie, you need to report up the food chain that the "new" board is killing off the paper.  Better to go back to the old system until you fix it.  Then get someone experienced in software quality control to sit on the project and mother it.

Sections
Shortcuts