Changes to forums and comments

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Changes to forums and comments

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to nyjoseph's comment:

We are not privy to all the reasons for the changeover.  One reason given was that the old system was provided via an outside service.   That alone can be a huge issue.   We do not know all the pros/cons of their relationship with that service. 
    I'll use the analogy of renting vs. owning a house.  There are pros and cons with each approach.  Let's say you are renting and the landlord decides to raise the rent substantially;  or he doesn't fix the leak in the plumbing you've complained about for 6 months, etc. etc. etc.

I've worked in IT my whole life.  I've seen seamless transitions and I've seen horrendous conversions.  This is right about in the middle.  And again, it's FREE.

I figured that they were doing this to save money. But, sometimes, you get what you pay for...and this new system is awful.

Agreed. 1 day before the start of the season and we have multiple issues. The number of posts per day has to be wayyyy down from last year at this time as it is very frustrating to post here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Dottie,

I understand it'll be awhile before all the Bugs are taken out.

But I do have a suggestion.  I've read the Patriot discussion board almost everyday for a few years.

Since the new format, I have to hunt and peck just to find it.

I believe that many prospective new readers wont be able to participate because they won't be able to realize that we actually have a forum.

So is there anyway to give it a little more space and profile on the main Patriot Page other than the tiny little font description under community?   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Hi dottie. Remember me? I was wondering .. maybe you'd like to join my knock out pool. Its really easy and fun. Maybe if you do you'll see how critical the edit and the pic posting part of this site can be.
    We'd sure like to have you join.

Your good buddy Philskiw1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Dottie,

The underline feature does not seem to work.  You can see your text underlined when you make the selection, but it is removed when the post goes thru.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I've worked in IT my whole life.  I've seen seamless transitions and I've seen horrendous conversions.

The "technoweenies" and human resources will rule the world soon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Gap

Just testing to see if I can post certain words. Was just told I can't use the word - letter # 8 + o + l + e, a word used in football, baseball and basketball. Just sayin'.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

6-1*0+2/2=?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

answer = 7

BDC: You may want to have your IT experts, think about limiting a NEW thread Header (title) to less than 3 lines of words. Limited to 15 words MAX. If so, that would be wonderful and Geepers 'CREEPERS'! :>)

Thank you

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to palookaski's comment:

answer = 7

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

SC   +    R A    +   P    <T><H><I><S>    *N*E*W*  SYSTEM!!!

Please!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I haven't been around much the past couple of days and see that it hasn't changed yet.. Hope they can work out most of these bugs before Sunday.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

I jut tried to reply to another thread and it told me that the letter that between r and t was a banned word.

How is this poible?  I tried removing all the -  from my pot but I would like to be able to ue the englih alphabet.

Thi is crazy.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

There is no going back.  Do people realize that this is one of over a hundred forums on BDC?

The horse has left the barn.

You are shoveling sand against the tide.

Things will get better.  They are making progress.  I didn't have to log in today.  First time since the changeover.

And it's FREE.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

My previous post was not directed at any individual.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

The forum kaput now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

I'm still wondering what was so terrible with the old system that made them feel like they had to change it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

what is wrong with

swept
    stinks

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

OK they work here but in a sentence I keep getting banned... even repeating the banned message is banned

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Things will get better.  They are making progress.  I didn't have to log in today.  First time since the changeover.

Things are getting better? They are? Progress is being made? It is?

Your apparent good fortune with log in notwithstanding, seems to me everything around here is the same

And it is going to stay the same for a very long time. Trust me on that one

Only difference I notice is that dottie has stopped responding to questions/requests in this thread

Not a shocker

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

Things are getting better? They are? Progress is being made? It is?

Your apparent good fortune with log in notwithstanding, seems to me everything around here is the same

And it is going to stay the same for a very long time. Trust me on that one

Only difference I notice is that dottie has stopped responding to questions/requests in this thread

Not a shocker

Agreed, my friend. They've really made a mess of what was a top notch forum.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Folks, most of the items you've listed are not errors or mistakes or bugs ... they are features that we could not replicate from the previous software before launch because of the deadline we were given. They all will be restored as we work through our list of outstanding items. They include: 

> Edit your post 
    > Gold stars to jump to your last unread post 
    > Ignore a user 
    > Add an image 
    > Colored fonts 
    > Change your avatar 
    > Add a signature 
    Etc. 

There are bugs, which are to be expected with a project as massive as this one: We imported more than half a million user accounts (along with all the associated avatars, userIDs, member since and last post dates), more than 3 million forum posts, and who knows how many millions of article comments. And we had to make that data, all originated in another company's software, fit and work into the platform we were building. 

We have a list of all of the bugs, including those you noted, and our devs are working through them now. We know that the bad words filters is malfunctioning (related to the "S" issue). We know that when you type in this comment box and use return at the end, your cursor disappears off the box. We know that some of the WYSIWYG tools at the bottom of the comment box aren't working. And we know that many of you keep getting logged out between browser sessions. 

I apologize for the annoyances, but believe me, several developers are on this full-time. These items all will get restored, and the bugs fixed. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In response to BDCDottie's comment:

Folks, most of the items you've listed are not errors or mistakes or bugs ... they are features that we could not replicate from the previous software before launch because of the deadline we were given. They all will be restored as we work through our list of outstanding items. They include: 

> Edit your post 
    > Ignore a user 
    > Add an image 
    > Colored fonts 
    > Change your avatar 
    > Add a signature 
    Etc. 

There are bugs, which are to be expected with a project as massive as this one: We imported more than half a million user accounts (along with all the associated avatars, userIDs, member since and last post dates), more than 3 million forum posts, and who knows how many millions of article comments. And we had to make that data, all originated in another company's software, fit and work into the platform we were building. 

We have a list of all of the bugs, including those you noted, and our devs are working through them now. We know that the bad words filters is malfunctioning (related to the "S" issue). We know that when you type in this comment box and use return at the end, your cursor disappears off the box. We know that some of the WYSIWYG tools at the bottom of the comment box aren't working. And we know that many of you keep getting logged out between browser sessions. 

I apologize for the annoyances, but believe me, several developers are on this full-time. These items all will get restored, and the bugs fixed. 

Understood - thanks for the efforts.

Also, thanks for the fixing the login - so I do not have to login every time..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Dottie,

Please provide the ability to select font styles (e.g. fixed fonts).

Thanks!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Thank you Dottie.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to BDCDottie's comment:

> Edit your post 
    > Ignore a user 
    > Add an image 
    > Colored fonts 
    > Change your avatar 
    > Add a signature 
    Etc. 

Thank you and everyone at BDC Dottie.

Sections
Shortcuts