Changes to forums and comments

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Changes to forums and comments

More bugs, as margins and tabs are off. Can't single space. At least you finally got rid of that Pats/Giants exhibition game thread.

Updates? Is this ever going to get any better?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to BDCDottie's comment:

Any other issues you're still experiencing not listed here?

Adding an image.

Selectable fonts.

Dottie,  Everyone wants to know a rough timeframe for addressing the issues you've listed.

Is it within the month, 3 months, 6 months???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Also, Autorefresh to bring you to the last page when you aren't on that page after you've replied or posted.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to BDCDottie's comment:

Hey, sorry for the lag in posting updates ... I've been busy QA'ing the changes and fixes that the devs are implementing. Some are on article comments, some are in our Admin tool, and some are here on the forums. In the forums so far we have:

- Added the numbered pages at the bottom as well as the top

- Restored a lot of missing discussions

- Fixed the bad word filter that was filtering perfectly good words like "hit"

- Increased the font size of the text in the comment box

- Fixed the disappearing cursor and scrolling issue in the comment box

- Added the original poster's screen name to quoted replies

- Pinned the location of the cursor in quoted replies

- Fixed the WYSIWYG tools

Being worked on:

- Edit this post

- Ignore this user

- Getting logged out issue

- Our registration system taking you to the homepage after you log in

- Gold stars to take you to last unread post

- Search

- More WYSIWYG tools (spell check, emoticons, etc.)

- Section front nav changes

- Blocked user behavior

Any other issues you're still experiencing not listed here?

Dottie, the ship is sinking. We are taking in water. There is a giant hole in the hull, okay? It needs fixing immediately. That is where you need to focus your attention right now

No offense, but it is a little insulting after all this time for you to be listing puny items like"added numbers at the bottom and top of page" and "increased text size in posting box" as some kind of show of faith that youre working hard to make things right again around here

And PS your ongoing stonewall on when the fixes are going to take place is starting to annoy everyone

Other than that though, youre doing a great job, dot. A helluva job...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

the ridiculous mess the new "reply" function causes (see a few messages up for a small example) 

has to be near the top of a long list of needed fixes. 

but I am more and more assuming that the budget is not there to make this great. 

I have to say I hate this "quote" format for replies. The other system showed "to" and "from " in a more evident format.

Also i agree with remaining contributors that we have lost some people ( good and bad) and I find that somewhat disturbing.

Also I would add this... anyone who goes back to the Mike Holovak, Butch Songin days has a tough time time "embracing change". all right I am a geezer and loved the old format  even with its warts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

any way of putting a back to Front Burner on the bottom of the screen?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to mgraham's comment:

the ridiculous mess the new "reply" function causes (see a few messages up for a small example) 

but I am more and more assuming that the budget is not there to make this great. 

I have to say I hate this "quote" format for replies. The other system showed "to" and "from " in a more evident format.

Also i agree with remaining contributors that we have lost some people ( good and bad) and I find that somewhat disturbing.

Also I would add this... anyone who goes back to the Mike Holovak, Butch Songin days has a tough time time "embracing change". all right I am a geezer and loved the old format  even with its warts

There was a Mr. Graham where I went to Jr. High. Had him for home room. He would stand in the hall between classes with one of those wooden 3 foot long rubber tipped pointers and either whack me on the legs or poke me in the ribs with the tip as I walked by. What a p-r-i-c-k!!! Man I hated that guy. Sure hope that wasn't you. :)

Who says they miss being a kid?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

There was a Mr. Graham where I went to Jr. High. Had him for home room. He would stand in the hall between classes with one of those wooden 3 foot long rubber tipped pointers and either whack me on the legs or poke me in the ribs with the tip as I walked by. What a p-r-i-c-k!!! Man I hated that guy. Sure hope that wasn't you. :)

whoah  no that is not me.

PS: were you deserving of the whacks  or was he really an AHat

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Well what kid doesn't deserve a whack or two now and then? But this guy made it a full time job. Four or five times a day. It wasn't just me either. he had a number of favorites. It wasn't playful or teasing. He was inflicting pain on those he didn't like. Like I said, a real male appendage.

Ahh, fond memories from the Golden Age of Education.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Well what kid doesn't deserve a whack or two now and then? But this guy made it a full time job. Four or five times a day. It wasn't just me either. he had a number of favorites. It wasn't playful or teasing. He was inflicting pain on those he didn't like. Like I said, a real male appendage.

Ahh, fond memories from the Golden Age of Education.

Sorry. A memory bubbled up and I wrote it down. I guess I shouldn't do that.

This is why the delete key is so important!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Thanks for the update, Dottie. Is there a time-table giving at least a ball-park figure when everything will be ready to go? Can you please do something about not being able to single-space when needed...and the computer lock-ups?  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Thanks for the update, Dottie. Is there a time-table giving at least a ball-park figure when everything will be ready to go? Can you please do something about not being able to single-space when needed...and the computer lock-ups?  

TexPat: OK, you said a few times that your computer locks-up. I don't think that BDC has anything to do with that lock-up. Would you go to Windows Explorer, then click on MY Computer, then do a right click on your C Drive and select 'properties' and tell me how much space you have left in your C drive. If it is anywhere close to being full then that is the source of your lock-up problem. If that is the case then let me know and I will fix it for you.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I have had several script error messages on here which causes the whole browser to lock up.  I'm pretty sure it is this place causing TP's computer to freeze.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Pat:

1) Press the shift key when you hit ENTER. That will give you single spacing
    2) Please dont thank dottie. Her "updates" arent really updates. Theyre just a) excuses for why the board is still broken and b) empty assurances she is working hard to fix it. Thanking her only encourages her to feed us the same old #### next time (whenever that is)

Peace

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

You must have very understanding customers (us), Dottie. The ones I work for arn't like that. If it took me this long to fix something let alone give some answers I'd had to gone to the new butt store to replace the one they just chewed off.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Phil:

Just want to let you know that dottie added EDIT function this afternoon

How 'bout that? Your prayers have been answered. Mine too

Give the girl a box of 'treatie bones' on me!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

Phil:

Just want to let you know that dottie added EDIT function this afternoon

How 'bout that? Your prayers have been answered. Mine too

Give the girl a box of 'treatie bones' on me!

I don't see the [Edit] but I'd rather have Spell Checker first.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

To the left of "reply". You dont have it?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

To the left of "reply". You dont have it?

I've got it. What I miss is the gold stars to take you to last unread post.

Next would be the quoting mess. It's such a hassle trying to wade through the replys of replys of replys to find what posters have actually typed. Sometimes they're at the bottom, sometimes at the top but a few can be found in the middle somewhere. It gets quite confusing.

I thought I had figured out where to place the QUOTE's so it works but sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Yeah, the quoting system is a mess right now. They need to go back to the way it was before. Just show us the single post that is being responded to and the author of the post. We dont need to see the entire 'conversation'

When the new system is functioning like it is designed to though, like it did with your message above responding to me, the result is pretty good. It's a nice, clean look. But like you say, it doesnt always work 

The problems really start when you reply to someone who also replied to someone and so forth. Then it gets ugly

Would also like them to restore DELETE

But for now, I'm happy with the return of EDIT

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

its a start

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I was stunned to find that the "Around the NFL" sub-forum has an edit button, while the Patriots "on the front burner" forum doesn't have one, not on my browser at least. 

Actually I just posted, and I saw an edit button.  Maybe it's up system-wide.

There it is.  Boston.com marched forward!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Not everyone sees the Edit button.  I don't.  It doesn't matter which browser I use and I've cleared my cache.  Obviously they have more work to do.

[Edit]:  working fine now

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Is there any chance BDC can add a like and dislike button for people to "like" or "dislike" posts and have the post show how many likes and dislikes each it receives?  Even if just a "like" feature was added would be cool if both couldn't.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

If the forum is down for maintenance can you send out a notice in advance?

Sections
Shortcuts