Changes to forums and comments

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Changes to forums and comments

How 'bout returning to us the option of deleting our own posts...or is that too much to ask?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I AM GETTING WARNINGS FROM MY INTERNET SECURITY ALL DAY LONG FROM THIS SITE SAYING THE SITE IS HARMLESS.  I AM SURE IT'S BECAUSE OF ALL THE ACTIVE SCRIPTS THIS PLACE IS RUNNING.  NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE, CAN YOU PLEASE FIX THIS?  IF I HAVE TO ADD NO SCRIPT TO MY FIREFOX BROWSER TO STOP THIS I WILL BUT IT WILL REALLY MAKE ME MAD TO HAVE TO DO SO!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I AM GETTING WARNINGS FROM MY INTERNET SECURITY ALL DAY LONG FROM THIS SITE SAYING THE SITE IS HARMFUL!  I AM SURE IT'S BECAUSE OF ALL THE ACTIVE SCRIPTS THIS PLACE IS RUNNING.  NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE, CAN YOU PLEASE FIX THIS?  IF I HAVE TO ADD NO SCRIPT TO MY FIREFOX BROWSER TO STOP THIS I WILL BUT IT WILL REALLY MAKE ME MAD TO HAVE TO DO SO!

Excuse me, was I yelling??  YOUR DARN RIGHT I WAS, THIS PLACE IS GETTING WORSE, NOT BETTER!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

THIS PLACE IS GETTING WORSE, NOT BETTER!

What he said

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

THIS PLACE IS GETTING WORSE, NOT BETTER!

What he said

Amen!!! This new system you've implimented sucks! I'm sick and tired of getting error messages and losing long posts!!

Are you guys going to fix this thing, or not? How 'bout a response? If not, why don't you remove this dumb "Changes to forums and comments" thread, because you guys are obviously not paying any attention to the various comments and complaints being made by posters!  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

I AM GETTING WARNINGS FROM MY INTERNET SECURITY ALL DAY LONG FROM THIS SITE SAYING THE SITE IS HARMLESS.  I AM SURE IT'S BECAUSE OF ALL THE ACTIVE SCRIPTS THIS PLACE IS RUNNING.  NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE, CAN YOU PLEASE FIX THIS?  IF I HAVE TO ADD NO SCRIPT TO MY FIREFOX BROWSER TO STOP THIS I WILL BUT IT WILL REALLY MAKE ME MAD TO HAVE TO DO SO!

Having the same troubles! I've reported this several times now...and the Mods have done nothing.

As I said before Dottie, if you're not going to address the complaints and problems listed by posters on this thread, why have it? Why not just remove it? When is the last time we've had any feedback from you...or updates about alleged improvements to be made?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Having the same troubles! I've reported this several times now...and the Mods have done nothing.

As I said before Dottie, if you're not going to address the complaints and problems listed by posters on this thread, why have it? Why not just remove it? When is the last time we've had any feedback from you...or updates about alleged improvements to be made?

TP,

I finally had to get the No Script add on for my Firefox browser to stop all the script problems this place was giving my internet security program.  It got so bad that I couldn't even look at a single thread before my internet security program went crazy.  No other site that I go to gives my internet security program any problems, this is the only place.  If you have these type of problems and use Mozilla Firefox then go out and get the free no Script add on, it will be worth it.  The only problem with that is you will have to turn the No Script off when you visit other sites.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Steve Young...we watch QB's all year long and there is a significant difference  between Tom Brady and other quarterbacks. He mentioned the TD to Welker where he turns his hips and hits Welker for the score. I thought that was his best play of the game. Young called it like Da Vinci.

Great team win.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Dottie.  You back from the Bahamas yet?   We need some help here. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Are we ever going to get the freaking ignore button back???????? This forum desperately needs it...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

"The check is in the mail"

"The dog ate my homework"

"We have a working list of items to restore in the coming days and weeks" (dated 8/30/12)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Nice ones TB12.  If pleading wont get us an ignore button and a couple other things, then maybe humor will.  :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to BDCDottie's comment:

Hi everybody,

As you can see, we've launched new discussion forums, article comments, and personal profiles on the site. We've always relied on software from other companies to power our user tools.  But during the past few months, we've built our own – we think this will give us more flexibility and control over these features.

Here in the forums, we had to delay the implementation of some of the features that you like: The gold star that brings you to the first unread comment, Ignore this user, spell check, add an image, and some others. We have a working list of items to restore in the coming days and weeks.

There’s a fuller explainer here: http://www.boston.com/community/note_to_bostoncom_users/

Please leave a comment here about any features that are missing that I didn't mention in the note linked above, or if you're having any technical issues.

Thanks.

MERRY CHRISTMAS DOTTIE AND BDC MEMBERS

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Thats because this site IS harmful! LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

MERRY CHRISTMAS DOTTIE AND BDC MEMBERS

A preemptive strike of sorts, Jints, in hopes of saving yourself from being banned again?

LOL!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

Things are getting better? They are? Progress is being made? It is?Your apparent good fortune with log in notwithstanding, seems to me everything around here is the sameAnd it is going to stay the same for a very long time. Trust me on that oneOnly difference I notice is that dottie has stopped responding to questions/requests in this threadNot a shocker

Wow. Who posted this message way back on September 5th? 

Whoever it was, he really knew what he was talking about, huh? Very farsighted

Prescient even...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Merry Christmas Dottie    Now the calendar year it over and that big pile is off your desk Im excited to know that your going to work on our forum     Thank you Santa !

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Merry Christmas BDC Dottie!  BB wants you to get this board running in tip top shape for Christmas!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Happy new year Dottie.  I think we have something else tocelibrate.  I'm proud to say this impost 400 in your thread! I don't think I've ever had a thread that went 400 posts. Not even the knockout TOURNY.    I'm guessing that with all this reading and the puppy's that your just buried in all the program changes  for the forum. Well take a sec to let me wish you and rover and the pups a happy new year..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Happy New Year, Dottie,

Would you please confirm for the community that "BDCRich" has actually been hired to moderate the site?

Thanks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lscheue. Show lscheue's posts

Dear Dottie,

If you feel you need some help designing this site which was at one time was more user friendly and enjoyable I'll be delighted to suggest my daughter who is an excellent progammer.

Sections
Shortcuts