Changes to forums and comments

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Changes to forums and comments

I may be a little out of the loop here and not looking to argue with anyone but why not just leave FF  as a thread like any other one?  I would think that it would be popular enough to sustain itself and would always stay on the front page somewhere. It wouldn't actually even need red ink or a sticky. 

Just my thoughts on it, that way should work for everyone as far as I could see.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

The site Logs me out every time I leave.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to Changes to forums and comments:

That happened to me too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I thought it was just me.  They need to make us all Red and Stickey 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Quaggie, the threads are still in chronological order it's just that the first two threads are "pinned" to the top. This is what TexPat is vehemently arguing against happening with the draft and fantasy football threads and I don't disagree with him.

ok THANK YOU!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

TexPat, TFB12 and all the rest of you, please join me now......"Kumbaya my lord........kumbaya....."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] R ESPONSE: Patriots on the Front Burner has always been a forum dealing with the Patriots, and the NFL. Real football...not your silly fantasy league. Unlike FF, the 2013 NFL Draft thread is football related, and therefore, belongs. But, it does not deserve or need preferential treatment, in the form of being permanently affixed atop all other threads. Every time that is done, it a form of directing and or dictating the discussion content. By your own admission, that is your goal.  

There is a lot of Patriots talk that goes on in the Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football thread, after all there are Patriots players on Fantasy teams.

RESPONSE: Nonsense...LOL!!! 

Unbelievable why this is such an issue.  Why are you and TexasPat not complaining about the 'Dez Bryant Contract' thread being in th Patriots on the Front Burner forum, last I checked Dez Bryant played on the Cowboys.

RESPONSE: Again, it's related to real football, and the 2012 NFL season.  

Or what about the thread titled 'Humor' that is about the Jets or the one titled 'Does Communist Contrarian work for TMZ' thread... to name a couple.

RESPONSE: Surely you jest. The Jets are a division rival, and perhaps the most hated rival of all Patriots' fans. How can there be discussions about the Patriots' season without discussing other AFC East rivals, and other tteams and players in general? Every year, the Pats contend for a championship. Accordingly, what happens with other teams throughout the league is of interest.

There are many non Patriots related thread in the forum.  It's just the nature of the forum.  So why are you making such an effort to single out this one thread?

RESPONSE: Let's get it straight, I have no problem with you and your fellow handful of fanticizers setting up a FF thread here, even though it has nothing to do with real football. What I object to is you trying to direct and/or dictate FF discussions, by having your pet thread permanently affixed atop of all others. Are we clear? [/QUOTE]

You contradict yourself many times here.  First you say only Patriots talk deserves to be in the forum, now you are saying all NFL talk.  What??  Make up your mind.

RESPONSE: I see that you've been taking lessons from UD6, about how to misquote and misrepresent what others have said in posts...yet to fit your silly little agenda. assuming that you have a high school degree, and can sufficiently read and comprehend, go back and re-read my posts...and please specifically point out where I have contradicted myself. Quite the contrary, I've made it clear that I could care less if you have your little FF thread here. My complaint deals with you attempting to direct and dictate the conversations here, through having your FF thread permanently affixed atop all other threads. By your own admission, your goal is to direct and dictate the discussions here. Why else would you insist on a sticky for your silly, irrelevant, non-football/Patriots thread? 

Sorry but Fantasy Football is huge, it is popular all accross the country.

RESPONSE: Fine. Themn go  to one of the multitude of FF forums, and knock yourself out.

Just because you are not into it doesn't mean it shouldn't be allowed in a forum about football.

RESPONSE: AGAIN...and...I'll...say...this...reallll slow...just for you. I don't care whether you have a FF thread on this forum, ot not. What I do care about is you imposing your desires on the rest of us, and trying to direct and/or dictate the discussions here...by insisting on having your silly thread permanently affixed atop of all others. 
         You're right...I could care less about FF. This forum is the finest Patriots/football forum in the nation. I don't want to see it ruined by fantasizers, such as yourself.  

Fantasy football is about players real life football /game production, it is certainly relevant to a NFL forum.

RESPONSE: What a joke...LOL!!! This is all about your selfish wants and ego.
         To quote John McEnroe, "You cannot be serious!!!!"

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

TexPat, TFB12 and all the rest of you, please join me now......"Kumbaya my lord........kumbaya....."

Sorry...but this guy is trying to ruin our forum by directing and/or dictating the discussions held here...by his own admission. This forum is the best place to talk Patriots and football...and I will not quietly stand by and watch him and his minions damage it.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

I may be a little out of the loop here and not looking to argue with anyone but why not just leave FF  as a thread like any other one?  I would think that it would be popular enough to sustain itself and would always stay on the front page somewhere. It wouldn't actually even need red ink or a sticky. 

Just my thoughts on it, that way should work for everyone as far as I could see.

Amen, brother.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

That happened to me too.

It's happening to me as well.  It's very annoying.

[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Dottie,

I should say that I have not looked beyond the "front burner" area in at least two years, and I have posted somewhere around 2600 times.  The Patriots front page was previously hardwired to open up only "front burner" threads or the general "front burner" forum.  The current Patriots front page is now hardwired to no open to any forum at all.  It's almost like you're trying to drive traffic away now.

A Boston media outlet has a major impediment to having an "around the NFL" forum.  The Patriots are 134-44 in their last 178 regular season games, and success attracts trolls.  I don't need trolls.

A successful board gets rid of trolls.  The "Ignore" button is one tool for the job.  Your new board has no tools.

A successful board allows people to look at their typos and correct them.  Your board has long been plagued with the insertion of extra lines between paragraphs when I copy and paste text.  These extra lines only show up when I add the post.  Your current board has no edit function.

A successful board allows people to use seemingly random words like "HI T" without censoring them.  People regularly find ways to say moderately obscene things on the Patriots forum, but the worst of the messages are cruel and hurtful.  Your random censorship of words with dozens of meanings isn't performing the function that you want.

The reply function is messed up in multiple ways at this point. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

Interesting disussions, i agree this site routinely draws me into some great pats talk, I really enjoy the draft talk but am a draft geek. I play in numerous FF leagues but only briefly read these posts because i rely on FF sites( information is good but do not have the time to read everything.  My point is as long as i can search for the sites i want i will find them. For all the draft geeks enjoy opening weekend. Looking forward to Michigan vs alabama tomorrow night

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Hate to pile on but this new system is bad, really, really bad.

I'm sorry but it had to be said.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Me too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

TexasPat never had a problem last year or this year with the Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football thread being in the Patriots on the Front Burner forum until it was pinned to the top in bright red color recently.  Maybe he doesn't like the color being bright red, maybe BDC can change the color,  maybe he felt slighted that his threads never were pinned to the top, or maybe both.  But I find it very strange that he would now seem to have a very big problem with this.  I don't understand.

You're becoming as bad as UD6, with your misrepresentations. You claim that your FF thread is oh so popular that it should be given special consideration...considering that there are already 165 posts under the thread. But, upon examing your claim, I found that of the 165 posts, 35 are from you, and 120 are from you and four other fanticizers...freediro (24), bostonsportsfan111 (13), my good pal PatsEng (23), and Homecheese (25). That means that 70% of these posts are coming from you, and four other of your fellow fantizers.

What say you, TFB?? LOL!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Hopefully this is a work in progress still and there are lots more changes still coming in the next few days. I believe that's what was said to start this thread. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Sorry...but this guy is trying to ruin our forum by directing and/or dictating the discussions held here...by his own admission. This forum is the best place to talk Patriots and football...and I will not quietly stand by and watch him and his minions damage it.   

[/QUOTE]

dictate: verb:  Lay down authoritatively; prescribe: "attempts to dictate policy"; "the right to  dictate to me"

We asked Dottie to sticky a thread we didn't demand, lay down authority, or try to dictate policy.

You on the other hand have tried to dictate what topics should or shouldn't be discussed based on what you think is relevant to the forums. You are trying to dictate when a topic is appropriate to be discussed depending on what time you think the topic is relevant. You are trying to set policy on this site depending on how you feel it should be used.

No one dictated anything by asking Dottie to add a sticky. If Dottie thought it was out of line or that it was trying to dictate the forum Dottie wouldn't have allowed it in the first place. Dottie is the authority and we let Dottie make the choice by asking. We ASKED to give it a trial you DEMANDED for it to be removed.

We are not forcing anyone to read, post, or discuss certain topics but you are trying to limit our ability on certain topics because you don't deem them relevant. Even though over 2 dozen regular posters participate in both forums you still think they shouldn't be allowed on the front burner because you deem them nonrelevant. Then when asked about your nonreventant topics like the COlts threads last year you dismissed it saying that it's football but that the draft and FF are not football related topics relevant to this year.

If you think someone dictating what they want is ruining the forum then that means YOU are trying to ruin the forum.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Dude speak for yourself, who is "our" that you are talking about? You talk about how there are only 4 or 5 guys mainly posting in the Fantasy Football thread, altough there are still plenty of other posters and not league members posting. Yet you really are alone when it comes to your argument. Tcal jsut doesn't like that it is in red, if it was in black I am sure he would get over it. Not to mention that you are constantly saying we are tyring to dictate what goes on in the forum, yet you yourself are dictating to Dottie what YOU want done in this forum. Can you be anymore of a contradiction, you have no real argument besides you don't like the idea and that's all. It's comman place to have sticky threads at the top of the forums, whether thestickies are directly involved with the forum(a group of Pats fans disucssing football realted topics would qualify as being directly involved with the front burner) or just an easy access point for a popular topic.

We have at least tried to make a compromise so everyone is at least a little happier, you sir just want it your way or the highway.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]

BDCDottie,

The Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football thread is going to be a continuous thread that will be used all season long and it's going to be a very large thread.   The thread was started on 8/24 and it is already 6 pages long and 142 posts so far, and the season hasn't even started yet.  As I mentioned, this is going to be a large thread, It will probabably be one of the largest, if not the largest thread in this forum by the time the season is over.  The people who post in this thread are all members who post often in the Patriots on the Front Burner forum.  And it's not only members who are playing in the Fantasy league who are posting in this thread, there are several members who don't even play in the Fantasy League who just like to watch and follow along and comment as the season goes on.  It is just so convienent for everyone to have the Fantasy thread in this forum and at the top of the forum which makes it so easy to find.

Members who post in this thread aren't here just to post in the Fantasy Football thread, we are members who happen to be some of the most frequent posters on this forum.  The members who post in the Fantasy thread are some of the main supporters of the Patriots on the front burner forum!  Without going into members names, here are some of the members post counts who post in this thread...  4238, 4532, 3221, 3027, 6149, 1535, 610, 810, 3554, 7630, 650, 675, to list a few.  There are several more with lower post counts but as you can see the people who are involved in this thread are members of this site who frequently occupy and post in this Patriots on the Front Burner forum the most.

TexasPat thinks there should be a seperate forum for Fantasy Football.  This would be a good idea if there were going to be many threads being made about Fantasy Football, but from past years expereince there won't be.  This is going to be the only thread about Fantasy Football all season long, as was the case last season.  Why have a seperate forum for Fantasy Football when there is only going to be one thread about Fantasy Football?  It also allows us members who post in the Patriots on the front burner forum to stay in that forum not have to jump around from forum to forum in order to post threads in the correct forum.  It just doesn't make sense to have to do that for one thread.

TexasPat also states that the Fantasy Football thread has nothing to do with the Patriots and doesn't belong in the Patriots on the front burner forum.  Well I can understand his point on this, however, that could be said about half the threads that are made in this forum.  There are so many threads made in the Patriots on the Front Burner forum that are about other teams, other players on other teams, issues that are going on around the league, even threads that have nothing to do about football get posted in here because thats the main forum that everyone hangs out in.  It's just the way it works.  Forum Moderators would have to constantly move threads all day and night long to make sure threads were kept in the right forums as TexasPat would like.  It would be more trouble then it is worth.  While that was probably the intent when the forums were first set up, it never worked out that way and it never will.  It's just the nature of how forums eventually end up on the internet.  Why, because it is just so very inconvenient to jump around to all the different forums depending on what the topic is about.  There were sub forms previously for different topics but they were never used and it doesn't make sense to force that now, certainly not for one Fantasy Football thread.

I hope you will allow the Patriots Sunday Bunch Fantasy Football thread to be pinned to the top of the Patriots on the Front Burner forum based on the points I have made in this post.  Thank you for your consideration to this matter.

[/QUOTE]

TFB:

It's true, a lot of the threads posted in this forum are not Patriots-related. Some have only a tangential association to the Pats. Others, none at all

But almost every single one of those threads disappears onto the second page within a day or two, sometimes even sooner, depending on how active this place is on a particular day. And that is how it should be

Stickies though last forever. They never go away. They are aways here. They are never not here. (In that way, they are like Rusty, I guess). Their big red font blazing across the top of the page

Also, you mention above how popular the FF threadis and how active it will be throughout the season. If so...if the thread is as popular as you say...then it will generate enough traffic on it own to keep it at or near the top of the list all season long, and therefore it doesnt need to be pinned

You weaken your argument and strengthen TP's when you emphasize the thread's popularity

PS Last week you would have been thrilled simply to have the FF thread restored after it had been deleted

Now one week later it seems you wont be fully satisfied until the FF thread is pinned

Makes me wonder what youll be seeking next week:)

Peace

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

PS Last week you would have been thrilled simply to have the FF thread restored after it had been deleted

Now one week later it seems you wont be fully satisfied until the FF thread is pinned

Makes me wonder what youll be seeking next week:)

Peace

[/QUOTE]

I don't think this is the case. The sticky was a trial period and we all said lets see how it goes. If Dottie made the decision that it shouldn't have been stickied after the trial period or even at all I think we would all have accepted it and no one would have cared. This is because Dottie is the mod and Dottie is the one that makes the ultimate decisions.

However, what I think got all our blood boiling was TP demanding the sitcky be removed and that the thread we all enjoy shouldn't even be on the board because he thinks it's irrelevant. He was demanding action by Dottie to dictate the direction in which what should or shouldn't be posted because it annoyed him while we asked Dottie for the permission and relie on Dotties authorite to make the decision.

Now it's just a battle of people who enjoy those threads not wanting to be bullied and told whether our enjoyment is relevant or not by someone who isn't even an authority on the board when the actual authority was the one who approved the trial period to begin with

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

The fantasy thread will be on the front page all year long so what is the big deal about pinning it to the top. Also how does the fact that the thread is very popular strengthen TP's argument and weaken TFB's? Stickies are for large popular threads, that is why TFB and many others want the thread to be stickied to the top, because that's what you do in forums! You're going to see the Fantasy Football thread all year long having it pinned at the top so everyone knows where it is and can just scroll past it if they don't want to post in it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Freediro:

If the thread is that popular, it will remain on the first page anyway, wont it? People looking for it will be able to find it very easily, wont they?

So why the need for a sticky?

The thread's own popularity argues against having it pinned, because doing so is unnecessary

So why even bother? Just let the damn thing hang free like all the rest of the threads

I'm not against the thread itself by the way. I just would prefer it not be stickied

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Well it appears the vast majority of posters want the FF thread completely removed again form the Front Burner and moved too the Around the League page where it can be Red, Stickey and Wet for all I care.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Okay, folks, to answer some of your questions:

- Ignore, Edit, images, colored fonts, etc. are all coming back. We're working through a long list of items and will get to those very soon.

- I'll report that several of you report getting logged out when you leave, but could you do me a favor and define "leave"? Do you close down Boston.com, or shut down your browser, turn off your computer ... it would help to know that.

- And TFB, I'm sorry, but the consensus seems to be that I NOT make FF sticky, so why don't we go with that for now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If that's what you decide Dottie then I accept that decision because you are the one in charge