Changes to forums and comments

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: Changes to forums and comments

In response to Changes to forums and comments:

PS Last week you would have been thrilled simply to have the FF thread restored after it had been deleted

Now one week later it seems you wont be fully satisfied until the FF thread is pinned

Makes me wonder what youll be seeking next week:)

Peace

I don't think this is the case. The sticky was a trial period and we all said lets see how it goes. If Dottie made the decision that it shouldn't have been stickied after the trial period or even at all I think we would all have accepted it and no one would have cared. This is because Dottie is the mod and Dottie is the one that makes the ultimate decisions.

However, what I think got all our blood boiling was TP demanding the sitcky be removed and that the thread we all enjoy shouldn't even be on the board because he thinks it's irrelevant. He was demanding action by Dottie to dictate the direction in which what should or shouldn't be posted because it annoyed him while we asked Dottie for the permission and relie on Dotties authorite to make the decision.

Now it's just a battle of people who enjoy those threads not wanting to be bullied and told whether our enjoyment is relevant or not by someone who isn't even an authority on the board when the actual authority was the one who approved the trial period to begin with

I didnt know it was a 'trial period'. I thought it was a done deal

I can appreciate the pro-sticky people digging in their heels against the anti-stickies. Seemed like a fair fight to me

Looks like dottie, who has been uncharacteristically responsive lately, has rendered her decision though

I think it's one we all can all live with

Peace

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Dottie, any chance that those who run the forums will allow personalization in the future. IE marking personal favorite threads to our profile or ability to ignore whole threads we have no interest in seeing?

Something like that would go a long way to improving the board I feel.

I understand if it's to late into this update to do anything but could it be something to consider in future updates?

thank you again for the work

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I won't be happy till there's a Constitional Amendment banning anyFantasy sport and it's step child Scientology.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

you know what's weird Tcal. I don't mind scientology. I think it's because I get a great laugh out of what they actually believe and because it doesn't actually hurt anyone (like other cults). If rich people want to fork over insane amounts of money to see a giant chair for perspective then so be it. If they start targetting older people, poor people, or those completely lost looking for help and robbing them blind then I hope they get taken down

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

- And TFB, I'm sorry, but the consensus seems to be that I NOT make FF sticky, so why don't we go with that for now.

I don't see why you think the consensus seems to be against this, there are at least 15-20 people who post in the FF thread that believe it should be stickied.  I don't see that many people saying no to allowing it.  What I have noticed is a few people with low post counts saying no to it while those with high post counts asking for it.  Are you really going to cater to those who post on here every so often instead the people who are on here participating all the time?  Heck, some of the people who are saying no to this I have never seen on the Patriots forum until today.  How strange is that?  And I would know, I'm here all the time!!

Also, I don't understand why you approve it one day and then deny it the next due to some people getting their feelings hurt that maybe their threads dont get pinned to the top.  Like it even matters whos threads do and whos doesn't.  Apparently TexasPat figured it was a popularity contest instead of what it actually is.... a nice convinenece for forum members who visit and post here all the time, asking to have a thread that will be used more then any other thread on here during the season to be pinned to the top for convienence to us members who are always here. 

I disagree with your decision, it goes against the very reason why thread should be stickied to the top.  But if that is your final decision, like it or not, I will say no more about it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

TFB:

Individual posting totals are irrelevent

It is either a good idea to sicky the FF thread or a bad idea

Apparently "majority" (and dottie) thinks it's a bad one

To me the only thing that should be stickied on a message board is an edict/announcement from the moderator

All other threads need to earn their place at the top

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Okay, folks, to answer some of your questions:

- Ignore, Edit, images, colored fonts, etc. are all coming back. We're working through a long list of items and will get to those very soon.

- I'll report that several of you report getting logged out when you leave, but could you do me a favor and define "leave"? Do you close down Boston.com, or shut down your browser, turn off your computer ... it would help to know that.

- And TFB, I'm sorry, but the consensus seems to be that I NOT make FF sticky, so why don't we go with that for now.

Dottie,

For me, it seems to require the login after each reboot.  I can close a browser and get back in w/o logging in a 2nd time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

TFB:

To me the only thing that should be stickied on a message board is an edict/announcement from the moderator

Sorry, but who are you?  I don't recall seeing you post in the Patriots forum until now, so why does it even matter to you? 

Maybe you have a couple different screen names.  After all TexasPat said he has been posting over 10 years and has thousands of posts.  Wonder why his current screen name is showing just over 1k?.  Maybe he has several screen names or worse, been kicked off here several times before and created a new one or more then one.  Whatever the case may be, I am done discussing this.  Right or wrong,  what is done is done! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Dottie, Why couldn't we have done this democratically and put it up for vote? Instead you just sided with literally 1 or 2 people addiment about getting it there way when we have at least try to come up with a compromise. I guess you have you have your own reasoning for this, just focus on fixing the forums. Our thread will stay on the front burner either way, it's too bad a solution to make everyone a little happier couldn't be made.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I can'r quote anyone's post with out it telling me to remove the "-s" whell does that mean? Especially since I didn't try to post anything with "-s" in it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I'm not sure id BDCDottie is the same person all the time.  As mentioned on another forum here at BDC, a member thinks it is a staff account that multiple people use to post on here as BDC.  This would be understandable since posts from that account never seems to be consistant.

Like when I asked about the FF thread being removed the answer was it never should have been removed and BDCDottie couldn't explain why it had been.... twice removed.  Said something about their monitoring service being at fault.  Hmmm, not sure this place knows what is going on.

But all we can do about it is politely voice our opinions... then carry on and enjoy the forum and have fun discussing Patriots football!!!  All NFL Football!!!!  And Fantasy Football!!!  You Know!!  Oh, btw... I do know there will be some threads Iwon't be reading in the future!! LOL!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Ummm, Ive been posting on this message board since 2004, so I dont have to prove myself to you, TFB

For the record though, I use only one account

I'm mostly an observer in this forum. I chime in with a post only on occasion

No idea about TexasPat or his posting totals. What difference does it make anyway? Again, it's irrelevant

Why do you keep bringing up irrelevancies?

No wonder you lost this fight

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

TFB:

Sorry, but who are you?  I don't recall seeing you post in the Patriots forum until now, so why does it even matter to you? 

Maybe you have a couple different screen names.  After all TexasPat said he has been posting over 10 years and has thousands of posts.  Wonder why his current screen name is showing just over 1k?.  Maybe he has several screen names or worse, been kicked off here several times before and created a new one or more then one.  Whatever the case may be, I am done discussing this.  Right or wrong,  what is done is done! 

Sorry TFB as much as I disagree with Texas Pat he has been here for a long time, he is a victim of the changes on this board at one time I think he had 10,000 posts ( ok correct me if i'm wrong)  I've also been here for a while too I should have at least 5000 posts.  What I don't like about TP is it's his way or no way.  a couple of years ago he railed about players wearing pink for breast cancer-- of coarse i challenged him and it went on and on and on and on ! ! I think he has some good points but as I said it has to be his way or no way  and BTW I think his report card is bull

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Sorry TFB as much as I disagree with Texas Pat he has been here for a long time, he is a victim of the changes on this board at one time I think he had 10,000 posts ( ok correct me if i'm wrong)  I've also been here for a while too I should have at least 5000 posts.  What I don't like about TP is it's his way or no way.  a couple of years ago he railed about players wearing pink for breast cancer-- of coarse i challenged him and it went on and on and on and on ! ! I think he has some good points but as I said it has to be his way or no way  and BTW I think his report card is bull

Yes, I know some people like that.... old and set in their ways, never willing to change and very selfish.  Kind of sad!  Funny thing is I bet he would have had a different opinion about it if he was into FF and playing in the league.  Also I find it funny that I have always been kind to him, gave him props on his grading threads and even defended him in the past.  Yet, he sure turned on me here about a thread getting pinned to the top.  Oh well, some people have to have those small victories in life to feel special!!

Anyways, we will still have fun regardless if the FF thread is pinned to the top or not.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

It would be really nice if this thread could be used to provide feedback to BDC (Dottie) about the changeover in the system.

She specifically asked about scenarios regarding people being forced to log in (see prior post).  We can't reasonably expect BDC to respond to issues if they have to wade through posts that have nothing to do with the intention of the thread.

(my 2 cents)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Why so much ill will towards fantasy football? Its something to enjoy with your friends and makes non-Patriots games more interesting..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I'm mostly an observer in this forum. 

Hahahaha, that explains it all.  Okay, carry on and observe until the next drama unfolds then I'm sure you will be right back in the mix of things.

If you would be so kind, could you please show me a Patriots thread that you posted in where you made a true football comment?  Thank you in advance!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

My two cents is that the new forum, for lack of a better word, stinks...so far. I hope these bugs get worked out sooner rather than later.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

Ummm, Ive been posting on this message board since 2004, so I dont have to prove myself to you, TFB

For the record though, I use only one account

I'm mostly an observer in this forum. I chime in with a post only on occasion

No idea about TexasPat or his posting totals. What difference does it make anyway? Again, it's irrelevant

Why do you keep bringing up irrelevancies?

No wonder you lost this fight

I've seen you here for a long time. You used to have a dogs picture on your avitar. Texas has been here too, he does the report cards. I  go back to 2005 but lost my original handle after not using it for a year, they had made some changes

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

OK so a truce let Dottie decide   I think this is the best forum around. honestly do any of you know anything better so lets stop the bickering and just let the forum do what is does . but I do think ALL discussions s hould be on the front burner

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NEGAME2 comment:

OK so a truce let Dottie decide   I think this is the best forum around. honestly do any of you know anything better so lets stop the bickering and just let the forum do what is does . but I do think ALL discussions s hould be on the front burner

There are several other places.  But I don't feel a need to advertise them on here, I wouldn't do that to this place.  If you are interested in which ones I am talking about send me a message and I will let you know that way.

Wait... Can you even message people here now?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

m...jury's out IMO

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

NOOO Dottie NOOOOO... I have to have the edit function. Do you know how hard it is going to be to keep the sheet updated for my knockout tourny?

Bad girl no treatie bone.... stinky bad

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hahahaha, that explains it all. Okay, carry on and observe until the next drama unfolds then I'm sure you will be right back in the mix of things.

If you would be so kind, could you please show me a Patriots thread that you posted in where you made a true football comment? Thank you in advance!

Wow. Now youre starting to sound like Rusty. I'm surprised you didnt label me a 'pink hat'

But to humor you. Here's a link. I hope it works. If not, paste it into your browser:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/seriously-can-anyone-blame-revis-what-if-rexy-had-been-caught-saying-doing-this/100/6292450

I posted 3 messages in the thread. Each one a gem IMO. Pay careful attention to the third one though and in particular to the response it got. The guy responding is kind of a nerd, but he agreed with "everything I just said", so I guess he's okay in my book...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I've seen you here for a long time. You used to have a dogs picture on your avitar. Texas has been here too, he does the report cards. I go back to 2005 but lost my original handle after not using it for a year, they had made some changes

Wow. Good memory. It's a picture of my dog, William, a Boston Terrier

2005, huh? That was when this board ran smoothly, remember? Seems like a long time ago

Nice to know there's another board 'old timer' around here besides me:)

Peace

Sections
Shortcuts