Changes to forums and comments

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Changes to forums and comments

In response to TFB12 comment:

Wow, TexasPat seems to be off his meds and has just gone off on pretty much everyone on the forum.

RESPONSE: Off my meds...oh how witty, clever, and original you are, TFL...LOL!! There you go again, spouting more lies and misrepresentations about me. I'm only going off on yor selfish and egotistic attempt to direct and dictate the content of conversations on this forum.   

Hey Toilet Paper, did you really go off on this forum because NFL players were wearing pink in support of breast cancer?

RESPONSE: Yet more witty, clever, and original comments. TP=toliet paper...LOL!!! Did you get that one fgrom your 6 year old brother??

If so, that's pretty low dude!!

RESPOMNSE: If not wishing for political correction to rear its ugly head in the NFL is "low", so be it...LOL!!!

But seeing how you treat others around here I clearly believe the person who told that about you!!  It sounds like it would be something you would do.

RESPONSE: Oh...I see. You're just mad at me for doing what I could to derail your lil' FF power-play...LOL!!  

Sorry TP but Fantasy Sports have been a big deal for many years now.  Look at all the websites (ESPN, NFL, CBS, FOX, YAHOO) who have invested big money to host these Fantasy Football sports.  It's huge buddy,  sorry that you just can't admit how big it is.

RESPONSE: There tyou go again...misrepresenting and/or lying about my position in our little FF controversy. Where have I said that FF was not popular? I concede that it is. Because it is huge, there are multiple forums and places to go where you can knock yourself out on FF. Why must you do so, here? This forum, is, has, and, hopefully, will always be about the Patriots, and REAL football issues. FF does not fit within this criteria.  

Look at any football forum and there will be Fantasy Football discussions on there.

RESPONSE: I have my doubts...but so what if that is the case? That is likely one of the reasons why those other forums of which you speak don't measure up to ours.

It's a shame you are to ignorant to acknowledge how popular fantasy sports are.

RESPONSE: Yet more misrepresentations, and lies. Talk about being ignorant, where have I said that FF is not popular? In fact, I just conceded as much, above.

And its funny how you like to make fun of us who play by calling us little names when in fact you are the odd one out.  It's unreal the amount of people who play in these leagues yet you seem to have such a hard time accepting it.  Fantasy Football is huge, I am amazed you don't understand that.  Not sure why you are such a hater, maybe nobody has ever wanted you to participate.

RESPONSE: Hey TFL...I want to take this opportunity to apologize for referring to your merry band of FF fanatics as "fantacizers", and to your league as a "sewing circle". I want you to know that I've had a change of heart, and am pleading with you to add me as a member of your FF league. Now that I've learned that the lovely NE Game is one of your members, I've seen the light!! Please, let me join!!!   

Seeing how badly you must have your own way about things, I can understand why people wouldn't want you involved.

RESPONSE: No sir...it is you who instituted this power-play. It is you who insisted on having your FF thread get preferrential treatment, by being permanently affixed atop of all others. It was your stated goal to direct or dictate the conversations held here. It was you who stated that you were so entitles, because you and your inner circle of fanticizers post here so much. Remember?    

What really strikes me as funny is this comment by you... " By his own admission, TFL requested the sticky in order to direct and/or dictate the discussion content on this forum."   Bwahahahahaha!!  you are nuts, man!!

RESPONSE: I don't blame you for now trying to back-track from your statements. But, it is a bit too late for that. The cat is already out of the bag. 

Asking for one thread to be pinned to the top is not directing and/or dictating the discussion content on this forum.  It's ONE thread!!!  Not many threads, just ONE thread!  How could anybody in their right mind think that is directing and/or dictating the discussion content of the forum????

RESPONSE: By your own admission, it was your intent to direct and/or dictate the conversations here. What better way to help prop up your FF thread than to have it permanently affixed atop all others? That is why you demanded this preferential treatment. No one is buying that BS you spewed about convenience.   

I will let you be now, you miserable old man, you continue to write your Patriots grading reports and argue with everyone else on here.

RESPONSE: Temper, temper. Such venom, from such an obviously well educated, and even tempered chap. 

I will gladly ignore you once that feature is up and running here.  It's people like you who drag places like this down.

RESPONSE: After reading all of the above, I'll leave it to Dottie and the rest of our fellow posters as to whether I was right in my assessments of you, and in my diligent attempts to stop you from succeeding in your goal...to direct and dictate the nature of discussions here. 

Good day to you, sir.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Do you two have any idea what you sound like! I,I,I,ME,ME,ME...God if your childish little rants and the important little thread is popular enough it will keep popping up at the top.If it isnt as I will assume it will get burried and die. So is it that you are affraid your little group will not get looked at or grown by FORCED RECOGNITION or FREE ADVERTISING too bad, We all have agendas we would like to promote, but we are not BEGGING for SPECIAL treatment above all other participants in this site. You two sound like two prepubesent drama queens, and nither will let it go. The rest of us could give a shirt. GIVE IT A REST!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to part-timer's comment:

So is it that you are affraid your little group will not get looked at or grown by FORCED RECOGNITION or FREE ADVERTISING too bad, We all have agendas we would like to promote, but we are not BEGGING for SPECIAL treatment above all other participants in this site. You two sound like two prepubesent drama queens, and nither will let it go.

See that's the problem with everyone who fought the thread being pinned to the top.  It's not about "hey look at me" or forcing anything upon anyone, (it is only one thread for crying out loud, that's not having an agenda or dictating the forum discussion like TP thinks) it is all about convinence to those who will be posting in that thread all season long.  Like I said, so many small threads get posted in a day that within a couple hours the FF thread could end up on a different page.  I don't care who looks at the thread and who doesn't, but I do know everyone playing in the league will be posting in it and there are several who like to follow along.  About 15 to 20 members will post and follow along.  Again.... All about convienece!!  Nothing more, nothing less!! It's those who seem to have a problem with it that are making it out to be more then it is.

In response to part-timer's comment:

The rest of us could give a shirt. GIVE IT A REST!!!!!

Is that you could or couldn't?  Not sure your stance on this.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Good day to you, sir. 

Thank You!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Now Dottie, back to my edit. I know we've had some "tension" with the no treatie bone thing, but I really need the edit function. I'll chase my thread but have mercy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I want the picture posting function ASAP...Please!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

All I can say is this mess needs fixin'.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to olivern's comment:
    [QUOTE

FYI, I'm a frequent reader / infrequent poster....

I can't help but wonder what the downside of having a separate forum for FF is. The topic seems broad enough that the ability to split things into multiple threads would be beneficial from a manageability and searchability standpoint. Using the thread titles, one could tell at a glance whether the latest post is of interest to a particular reader, etc....

I can see that when the FF discussion resides in "On the front burner", it is advantageous to use a single thread to group all the FF discussions, and that outweighs the benefits of multiple FF threads in that context. When the FF discussion has its own forum, then multiple FF threads are automatically grouped together, so there is no need to restrict things to one thread.

Why not try a separate forum?  Just bookmark it the browser for easy access, and there is no temptation to keep bumping the FF thread to keep it visible (as has been recently suggested).

Not being a participant in the FF discussion, it may be none of my business. Can't help myself though!

[/QUOTE]

According to TFB, this makes you less important in this forum than he is. And your opinions, less valid...Thus making you less of a privileged character around here and less deserving of the special treatment that he thinks he is entitled to

Other than that, I bet he thinks youre a swell guy, Oliver

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

a couple of years ago he railed about players wearing pink for breast cancer-- of coarse i challenged him and it went on and on and on and on ! !

RESPONSE: Still hate the pink, Gamer. I hated seeing political correctness invade the NFL.

I'm not crazy about the overt pink displays either. Many of the players go way overboard with it - the pink shoes, the pink gloves, the pink belt etc. Worst of all though was the pink chinstrap, especially the one worn by Chad Henne. Very gay looking

Thank God our QB has the good sense to keep his uni free of any/all pink. Probably a fashion tip from his wife. If so, way to go, G!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from olivern. Show olivern's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

In response to olivern's comment:
    [QUOTE

FYI, I'm a frequent reader / infrequent poster....

I can't help but wonder what the downside of having a separate forum for FF is. The topic seems broad enough that the ability to split things into multiple threads would be beneficial from a manageability and searchability standpoint. Using the thread titles, one could tell at a glance whether the latest post is of interest to a particular reader, etc....

I can see that when the FF discussion resides in "On the front burner", it is advantageous to use a single thread to group all the FF discussions, and that outweighs the benefits of multiple FF threads in that context. When the FF discussion has its own forum, then multiple FF threads are automatically grouped together, so there is no need to restrict things to one thread.

Why not try a separate forum?  Just bookmark it the browser for easy access, and there is no temptation to keep bumping the FF thread to keep it visible (as has been recently suggested).

Not being a participant in the FF discussion, it may be none of my business. Can't help myself though!

According to TFB, this makes you less important in this forum than he is. And your opinions, less valid...Thus making you less of a privileged character around here and less deserving of the special treatment that he thinks he is entitled to

Other than that, I bet he thinks youre a swell guy, Oliver

I can understand special treatment for frequent visitors to the various ads on this site perhaps. :).  Who's to say who comes out on top from that perspective?  Only boston.com knows....

I understand your point but TFB responded politely to my post so I'll leave it at that. (boring I know - maybe I'll join the fray in another discussion at some point!)

-Oliver

• You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

TP -

I asked Dottie for a sticky and left it up to Dottie to make that decision. I allowed the authority on the board to make that decision, I did not dictate or demand the authority on the board to do anything

You demanded the sticky to be removed setting policy on which threads should or shouldn't be stickied based on what you felt was relevant. You also demanded that the FF and draft threads didn't belong on this board and should be moved because you didn't feel they were relevant.

See the difference? I asked and allowed judgement on that question to the authority in charge. You demanded that action be taken against it setting policy based on what you thought was relevant.

One way gives judgement to the authority then other tries to set policy and direct judgement of the authority.

So get off your high horse because you were the one who was trying to dictate policy and direct the course of this board by telling the authority how the board should be used. I mearly asked the authority to try something and they agreed to have a trial basis which you freaked out over and started making false claims such as it was based on ego, that we were dictating the board (you should really read the definition), and we are forcable directing the board

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Good post PatsEng, you make some very correct statements and valid points.  I think we all know what really happened here. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

really having trouble posting here, too many banned words and letters.  I haven't seen a change over with this many problems. Like I said earlier, my account from 2005 was deleted and I had to start with a new account twice,  both times after changes were made here. I don't think that's the case here but making a simple post can be a chellenge at times.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

TP -

I asked Dottie for a sticky and left it up to Dottie to make that decision. I allowed the authority on the board to make that decision, I did not dictate or demand the authority on the board to do anything

You demanded the sticky to be removed setting policy on which threads should or shouldn't be stickied based on what you felt was relevant. You also demanded that the FF and draft threads didn't belong on this board and should be moved because you didn't feel they were relevant.

See the difference? I asked and allowed judgement on that question to the authority in charge. You demanded that action be taken against it setting policy based on what you thought was relevant.

One way gives judgement to the authority then other tries to set policy and direct judgement of the authority.

So get off your high horse because you were the one who was trying to dictate policy and direct the course of this board by telling the authority how the board should be used. I mearly asked the authority to try something and they agreed to have a trial basis which you freaked out over and started making false claims such as it was based on ego, that we were dictating the board (you should really read the definition), and we are forcable directing the board

The amazing thing was

• You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Disregard previous post. Meant to backbutton out of a reply. Clicked Add Your Post instead

God, I nee the delete function back in the worst way...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

TP -

RESPONSE: Never said you did. TFL dids that. 

RESPONSE: No...let you, I requested it. See the difference?

RESPONSE: That's a lie. I requested. I am in no position to demand, no matter how many posts I've authored here. Furthermore, I did not go out of my way intending to direct or dictate the discussion content here. That was what your buddy, TFL, wanted to do, by his own admission. 
         I don't know if my imput swayed others, or swayed Dottie's decision. Whether it did or not, I'm pleased that TFL's little egotistical power-play was headed off at the pass.

RESPONSE: Admit it...you cannot be objective about this. Both you and TFL are Fantacizers in TFL's FF league. TFL is angry, and still whining about the decision. Apparently, you are, too. 

So get off your high horse because you were the one who was trying to dictate policy and direct the course of this board by telling the authority how the board should be used.

RESPONSE: That's a lie. Keep you head in the sand if you wish...but TFL, by his own admission, stated that his goal ewas to direct and dictate the discussions on this forum. He said that he felt a sense of entitlement to do so, because he and his handful of other Fantisizers were regulars here, and posted here quite often.

I mearly asked the authority to try something and they agreed to have a trial basis which you freaked out over and started making false claims such as it was based on ego, that we were dictating the board (you should really read the definition), and we are forcable directing the board

RESPONSE: Judging from the responses of yourself and TFL, I was dead on in my assessment.

Good post PatsEng, you make some very correct statements and valid points.  I think we all know what really happened here.

RESPONSE: Shocked to hear that such a wise, objective individual, such as yourself, is in full agreement with your fellow Fantasizer...LOL!!!   

I want the picture posting function ASAP...Please!

Making demands again, I see?? LOL!!!

actually I was the original poster who asked for the sticky not TFB

would you care to tell me who posted:

" Certain threads do not need to be pinned atop all others, just because a handful of posters are interested in them. The Fantasy Football thread that he wants to have pinned atop all others has no business being included within a forum page entitled "Patriots on the Front Burner". It has absolutely nothing to do with the Patriots, or real football."

btw TP - I have said I respected Dottie's decision and have not once said anything against it. What I have commented on is you saying me asking for it to be stickied in the first place was trying to dictate the forum which was untrue. I did not true to dictate policy I was pointing out that you with the remove sticky threads, I wish those made the switch over, were trying to dictate policy by telling Dottie to remove the sticky instead of asking.

See that's the problem with everyone who fought the thread being pinned to the top.  It's not about "hey look at me" or forcing anything upon anyone, (it is only one thread for crying out loud, that's not having an agenda or dictating the forum discussion like TP thinks) it is all about convinence to those who will be posting in that thread all season long.

RESPONSE: More lies. No one is buying the "convenience" argument. You've previously stated that you wished to direct and/or dictate the discussions here, and to bring FF to prominence. You stated that you felt a sense of entitlement, because you and your band of Fantisizers were regulars on this forum, and had each posted over 4000 times. 

Like I said, so many small threads get posted in a day that within a couple hours the FF thread could end up on a different page.

RESPONSE: Oh heavens no? Help us, Auntie Em!! LOL!!!

I don't care who looks at the thread and who doesn't, but I do know everyone playing in the league will be posting in it and there are several who like to follow along.

RESPONSE: How old are the participants in your league? Can they drive? Do they hold jobs? Do they have their own places to live? Surely, such enterprising people such as they and yourself will manage to locate where, oh where your precious FF thread has gone.

About 15 to 20 members will post and follow along.

RESPONSE: If that's the case, why are you worried about your ever popular FF thread getting buried? 

Again.... All about convienece!! Nothing more, nothing less!! 

RESPONSE: Again, a lie...by your own admission.

It's those who seem to have a problem with it that are making it out to be more then it is.

RESPONSE: It is you who is whining the loudest about not getting your way. Me things thou dost protest to much.  LOL!!!!!  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

actually I was the original poster who asked for the sticky not TFB

would you care to tell me who posted:

" Certain threads do not need to be pinned atop all others, just because a handful of posters are interested in them. The Fantasy Football thread that he wants to have pinned atop all others has no business being included within a forum page entitled "Patriots on the Front Burner". It has absolutely nothing to do with the Patriots, or real football."

Don't bother or waste your time with that old man who is accusing everyone of lying about everything.  He is set in his ways and will argue with anyone and everyone, even when he is completely wrong.

The funniest thing about  Toilet Papers aregument is he continues to state that we are trying to dictate the discussion content on this forum, yet he is the one who is saying what should and shouldn't be posted in the Patriots on the Front Burner forum.   This just blows my mind and proves the type of person we are dealing with here.  You know, when I think back about his Patriot grading write ups in the past, there were people who would disagree with him on certain remarks or grades he would give.  He pretty much handled those comments the same way as he is here.  He would argue with people and not even take into consideration what the people who disagreed with him would say.  In his mind he is right and if you disagree with him then you are wrong.  That's it!  No point in discussing it with him because he is always right.  

No need to waste time on people like that.  Im done with that dude.  We have better things to do.

BTW, did you see the trades going on in the Fantasy Football thread?  Things are heating up, getting those rosters ready for the begining of the season next week! 

Also, did you catch the moves the Patriots made today?  Interesting stuff going on.  Can't wait for kickoff on Sunday vs the Titans!

One last thing, I'm anxiouse to see the final product of this forum once they get the wrinkles ironed out here.  It will take some time but it sounds like they are open to ideas in making the site better.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to freediro's comment:

I can'r quote anyone's post with out it telling me to remove the "-s" whell does that mean? Especially since I didn't try to post anything with "-s" in it.

+1   Aweful.  Makes no sense!

In response to pezz4pats comment:

In response to freediro comment:

I can'r quote anyone's post with out it telling me to remove the "-s" whell does that mean? Especially since I didn't try to post anything with "-s" in it.

+1   Aweful.  Makes no sense!

up to in where it tells you who you are responing to the "s" after the persons screen name seems to be the issue. Every time I get that error and I delete the "s" after the persons name I respond to it seems to fix the issue

• Sections
    Shortcuts