Channing Crowder says, "Vick Should Be MVP"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Channing Crowder says, "Vick Should Be MVP"

Once a dunce, always a dunce. The same guy who said that he didn't know where London was, now says that Michael Vick should be MVP, but they'll give it to Tom Brady because he's Tom Brady: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/28/channing-crowder-mvp-should-be-vick-will-be-brady/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Re: Channing Crowder says, "Vick Should Be MVP"

NBC's PFT has got to be the worst excuse for a pro football website ever created. Rarely is there anything there above moron level

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

The media types are just making their last and final pitches to the other voters.  It's not like Vick doesn't even deserve to be in the discussion.  Brady wins it handily though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Any so called man named "Channing" should keep his yap shut

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Channing Crowder? Well, that changes everything!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Vick deserves to be in the MVP discussion but i am sick of hearing about this redemption angle. He may have repayed his debt to society but regaining his former job and being very good at it is very, very far from being redeemed. It's  going to take a helluva alot more than that to balance out the karma in his life.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Channing Crowder says, "Vick Should Be MVP":
    [QUOTE]Any so called man named "Channing" should keep his yap shut
    Posted by harleyroadking11[/QUOTE]

Here's more from the charming and delightful Crowder, as he has accused Dolphin fans of being "fair weather fans". Why? Because they lustily booed the 'Fins for blowing a late lead against the powerful Detroit Lions at home...and lost. The loss gave the 'Fins a 1-7 record at home for the season.

Gee...I wonder why they were booing??: http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2010/12/crowder-defends-sparano-addressed-booing-dolphins-fans.html

LOL!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Brady will get his quick pair of TDs and then let Hoyer take the Phins down.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Give Vick the award but hold the ceremony in London to make sure Crowder doesn't attend

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Not to mention Vick missed the better part of 4 games due to injury.  MVP Awards aren't given out over redemption (not even going into that), they are given based on who was the most valuable player in the league.  If Vick gets an award, it should be Come Back Player of the Year or something, not MVP.  Let's compare the two QBs side-by-side

Vick: 208/329, 63.2%, 2,755, 20 TD, 5 INT, Sack 28 -171; Rushing - 92/613 8 TD

Brady: 314/476, 66.0%, 3,701, 34 TD, 4 INT, Sack 25 -175, Rushing -31/30, 1TD

Vick has accounted for 3,197 yards and 28 TD.  He's turned the ball over 6 times since he also lost a fumble. Vick has the 3rd best passer rating at 103.6.  Vick has led his team to a 10-4 record with a plus 73 point differential.

Brady has accounted for 3,556 and 35 TD.  He's turned the ball over just 4 times.  Brady has a league best 109.8 passer rating.  Brady has led his team to a 13-2 record with a plus 174 point differential.  Brady set an NFL record with 319 pass attempts without a pick which is still active plus he hasn't lost at home in the regular season in 26 games, another active NFL record.

Brady is the clear stats leader even if you factor in Vicks rushing.  Brady has accounted for 7 more TD, 2 fewer TOs, has the better passer rating, led his team to the best record in football with 2 UDFA running backs, two rookie TEs, the loss of his best OL for half the year and the loss of his ALL WORLD receiver (which may have been a blessing).  Above all, Brady has led his team to the best record in football with a very young and suspect defense.  Brady's importance to his team is FAR greater than any player to any other team!!!  Where would the Pats be without Brady, 5-10?

I didn't read anywhere where Obama called Kraft congratulating him for choosing Brady in the 6th round.  Maybe he will once Brady officially wins his 2nd MVP.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

[QUOTE]Give Vick the award but hold the ceremony in London to make sure Crowder doesn't attend
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

Ontario or England? LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'm not going to waste my time denegrating the comments from Crowder as I'm sure his buddy Suggs put him up to it. The best and most valuable player in the NFL has been Tom Brady and there isn't even a close second. Do I like what Vick has done? Yes,he's had a very good comeback season. If I had a vote in this little discussion,Drew Brees is the only other QB who is in the hunt with Peyton Manning running a distant third. Vick would finish 4rth on my ballot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Any so called man named "Channing" should keep his yap shut
    Posted by harleyroadking11[/QUOTE]

On the Vikings board at KFAN.com Purple fans like to make fun of Packer fans and Aaron Rodgers by calling him "Erin."

Of course, the Vikings have a guy on their roster whose name actually is Erin . . .  

Irony can be pretty ironic, sometimes.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not going to waste my time denegrating the comments from Crowder as I'm sure his buddy Suggs put him up to it. The best and most valuable player in the NFL has been Tom Brady and there isn't even a close second. Do I like what Vick has done? Yes,he's had a very good comeback season. If I had a vote in this little discussion,Drew Brees is the only other QB who is in the hunt with Peyton Manning running a distant third. Vick would finish 4rth on my ballot.
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

Why does the mvp always have to be a qb? MVP is so overrated its not even funny. Football should not have a mvp award!!!!!!!!!! If Brady wins it does that mean his O Lineman get a mvp trophy? Does the running backs get one?? How about the receivers who catch the ball and break tackles to score?? ITS A TEAM SPORT NOT A ME OR I SPORT........If Brady wins this stupid award then he(Brady) should have espn and all other media sources say Brady and his teammates won the mvp since its a team sport....Just like the 2001 superbowl when the Pats ran out as a TEAM.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]Not to mention Vick missed the better part of 4 games due to injury.  MVP Awards aren't given out over redemption (not even going into that), they are given based on who was the most valuable player in the league.  If Vick gets an award, it should be Come Back Player of the Year or something, not MVP.  Let's compare the two QBs side-by-side Vick: 208/329, 63.2%, 2,755, 20 TD, 5 INT, Sack 28 -171; Rushing - 92/613 8 TD Brady: 314/476, 66.0%, 3,701, 34 TD, 4 INT, Sack 25 -175, Rushing -31/30, 1TD Vick has accounted for 3,197 yards and 28 TD .  He's turned the ball over 6 times since he also lost a fumble. Vick has the 3rd best passer rating at 103.6 .  Vick has led his team to a 10-4 record with a plus 73 point differential. Brady has accounted for 3,556 and 35 TD .  He's turned the ball over just 4 times.  Brady has a league best 109.8 passer rating.   Brady has led his team to a 13-2 record with a plus 174 point differential.  Brady set an NFL record with 319 pass attempts without a pick which is still active plus he hasn't lost at home in the regular season in 26 games, another active NFL record. Brady is the clear stats leader even if you factor in Vicks rushing.  Brady has accounted for 7 more TD, 2 fewer TOs, has the better passer rating, led his team to the best record in football with 2 UDFA running backs, two rookie TEs, the loss of his best OL for half the year and the loss of his ALL WORLD receiver (which may have been a blessing).  Above all, Brady has led his team to the best record in football with a very young and suspect defense.  Brady's importance to his team is FAR greater than any player to any other team!!!   Where would the Pats be without Brady, 5-10? I didn't read anywhere where Obama called Kraft congratulating him for choosing Brady in the 6th round.  Maybe he will once Brady officially wins his 2nd MVP.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

Nice Faucet. perhaps you should send this brilliant analysis over to the idiot Florio at PFT, Peter King or any other dunce that tend to make this an emotional decision. Fact is Brady is the man and the numbers clearly prove it. How do you argue against it?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Vick has led his team to a 10-4 record with a plus 73 point differential.

Actually, since he missed 4 games (they went 3-1, I believe), that means he actually led the team to a 7-3 record.

The comeback player of the year award is meant to go to an injured player who bounces back and last time I checked Vick was not injured, he was in jail for being a scum bag so he is not even in the running for that award and if he gets it then thats the NFL just trying to appease people and its BS.

Excellent point, I agree with you 1000%! To be sure all the clamour for Vick getting some sort of award is coming from a league PR standpoint. Goodell wants the world to see he made a "good" judgement call by letting Vick back in.

If I had a vote in this little discussion,Drew Brees is the only other QB who is in the hunt

Though Brees has certainly done a good job at holding the Saints together through a lot of injuries, he has the most INTs in the league with the exception of Eli Manning. That would hurt his chances (though he has been extremely valuable to NO, IMO). I think one of the two "Matts" (Ryan or Cassel) would get more votes.

When you lay out all the facts, there can be no doubt in any intelligent mind. Not only the better numbers, but the supporting casts are not even close. The Eagles have a lot of proven weapons, and Brady is doing this with two rookie TEs, two undrafted RBs, and a WR that was gone for the last four seasons. Only Welker truly is a "familiar" weapon for Tom. I'd say Vick should be the NFC Offensive Player of the Year, but not league MVP. The sad part is, the voters are not all "intelligent minds", they are the media!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]Not to mention Vick missed the better part of 4 games due to injury.  MVP Awards aren't given out over redemption (not even going into that), they are given based on who was the most valuable player in the league.  If Vick gets an award, it should be Come Back Player of the Year or something, not MVP.  Let's compare the two QBs side-by-side Vick: 208/329, 63.2%, 2,755, 20 TD, 5 INT, Sack 28 -171; Rushing - 92/613 8 TD Brady: 314/476, 66.0%, 3,701, 34 TD, 4 INT, Sack 25 -175, Rushing -31/30, 1TD Vick has accounted for 3,197 yards and 28 TD .  He's turned the ball over 6 times since he also lost a fumble. Vick has the 3rd best passer rating at 103.6 .  Vick has led his team to a 10-4 record with a plus 73 point differential. Brady has accounted for 3,556 and 35 TD .  He's turned the ball over just 4 times.  Brady has a league best 109.8 passer rating.   Brady has led his team to a 13-2 record with a plus 174 point differential.  Brady set an NFL record with 319 pass attempts without a pick which is still active plus he hasn't lost at home in the regular season in 26 games, another active NFL record. Brady is the clear stats leader even if you factor in Vicks rushing.  Brady has accounted for 7 more TD, 2 fewer TOs, has the better passer rating, led his team to the best record in football with 2 UDFA running backs, two rookie TEs, the loss of his best OL for half the year and the loss of his ALL WORLD receiver (which may have been a blessing).  Above all, Brady has led his team to the best record in football with a very young and suspect defense.  Brady's importance to his team is FAR greater than any player to any other team!!!   Where would the Pats be without Brady, 5-10? I didn't read anywhere where Obama called Kraft congratulating him for choosing Brady in the 6th round.  Maybe he will once Brady officially wins his 2nd MVP.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

I am with you 1000% until you get to that point highlighted above. That's just thrown in for dramatics.

You would think fans would learn by now that statements like that are blatant disrespect to all the other players on the team who are paid professionals. You also think fans would have learned from the Matt Cassell season and even more recently the Matt Flynn game vs.

The Pats, as part of your brilliant analysis, have a +174 point differential. You don't think Hoyer could have won more than 5 games after starting all his seasons at Michigan St. when Cassell won 11 after not starting since HS? The Pats only have to win the game with the backup, not match the +174 point differential.

Again, for the record, exceptionally well stated Faucet!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]The comeback player of the year award is meant to go to an injured player who bounces back and last time I checked Vick was not injured, he was in jail for being a scum bag so he is not even in the running for that award and if he gets it then thats the NFL just trying to appease people and its BS. The comeback player award should go to a guy like Wes Welker who blew his knee out and came back strong. Im sure there are other guys who fit the bill not named Mike Vick.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]
    Good point.  I was just saying, he doesn't deserve the MVP.  Maybe Goodell and Obama can create a new award called , "Most Valuable Dog Killing Ex-Con Player Award" or something. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I was just listening to WEEI talk about this. What a shock that Crowder would say this. Maybe they should ask Marshall Faulk or Dukes what they think. That would be just as impartial. Suddenly I can feel the level of hate by Patriot Bashers starting to build. Faulk and Warren Sapp seem to think the Patriots are lucky and just winning with smoke and mirrors. When they get like this it means they're scared.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Channing Crowder says, "Vick Should Be MVP" : Nice Faucet. perhaps you should send this brilliant analysis over to the idiot Florio at PFT, Peter King or any other dunce that tend to make this an emotional decision. Fact is Brady is the man and the numbers clearly prove it. How do you argue against it?
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]
    Thanks, but, go ahead, be my guest.  send it over. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]I was just listening to WEEI talk about this. What a shock that Crowder would say this. Maybe they should ask Marshall Faulk or Dukes what they think. That would be just as impartial. Suddenly I can feel the level of hate by Patriot Bashers starting to build. Faulk and Warren Sapp seem to think the Patriots are lucky and just winning with smoke and mirrors. When they get like this it means they're scared.
    Posted by Rerun85[/QUOTE]

Wait, Sapp is bad mouthing NE?  That's a rarity. He's usually pretty even-keeled with the analysis.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Channing Crowder, Keith Crowder, Cheryl Channing... Who cares? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Channing Crowder says, "Vick Should Be MVP" : Wait, Sapp is bad mouthing NE?  That's a rarity. He's usually pretty even-keeled with the analysis.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Yes, Both he and Faulk seem to think that the way aour defense is turning the ball over is nothing but luck and will come to a sudden stop in the near future at which point the Patriots will be beat. They feel the same way about Brady's lack of interceptions. I've found that when you have negative people praying against you that the opposite of what they want usually happens. It's Karma baby.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lafnboy. Show lafnboy's posts

another black man voting for a black guy, what a concept! and yes, the obama call is suspect at best. why not a call to KC for cassell ? he's been kicking butt this year for a guy that was a back up from high school.....