Charger DL Goes After Brady's Knee

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Charger DL Goes After Brady's Knee

This guy is trying to injure Brady. No question. Without the brace he was wearing, it could have been trouble.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Re: Charger DL Goes After Brady's Knee

Garay is a typical BC thug

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It did not appear he was blocked into Brady, also appeared to consciously go low at the legs and twist, so where was the flag this type of play would entail?  I see a fine in the offing for this player.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

the chargers players are punks- just like jbolted

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CharlestonDude. Show CharlestonDude's posts

Pats DL did same to Rivers.  It's football, it's tackle football.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

That is nothin. There was a play later on in the game where their corner essentially dived at his knee... it was transparent. I think the last team 'gunning' at his knee was Baltimore a year ago ... but it happens. Some teams would win a game at the cost of a career. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Charger DL Goes After Brady's Knee:
    Posted by CharlestonDude

They dove at his surgically repaired knee?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

I'm not sure it was dirty, the play was live, the ball was still in Tom's hand. I was surprised there was no flag thrown. I definitly screamed noooooooo like a girl though...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Posted by CharlestonDude
    You are right it's tackle football unfortunately the game has evolved from the neandrethal days of kill the QB! There are rules against diving to the knees of a QB and he wasn't the first Charger D-lineman to attempt to get Brady out of the game via the knee injury as Travis Laboy attempted it earlier. As for your assertion that a Patriots D-lineman tried to take away Rivers in the same vain,you are wrong because I've now watched the game twice and at no point in time did a Patriots D-lineman try and take the knees of Rivers out. Oh well it wasn't succcessful in either case! Good luck with the vision test.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

if brady wasnt wearing that knee brace his season is over

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

if brady wasnt wearing that knee brace his season is over
    Posted by McFEETers

I agree with this. I was physically ill as I saw it live, thought for sure his knee caved and next thing I knew he was walking. It didn't make sense at the time, then found out he wears the brace. I thought he took it off last year. Phew!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I was blown away there was no flag...if that wasn't a blatant offense to the rule I don't know what is....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

That's despicable for any team or player to try to win like that. That shouldn't be a fine, that should be a suspension (and a fine).

I was ready to go down to the field and end Garay's career when I saw that play. Luckily Brady was ok and I didn't have to go fight a guy 3 times my size.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

it's been happening around the league, this season. i don't kow why people are getting away with it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

at one point it looked like he tried twisting his knee....it looked painful as hell....Think of how lame the season would be if the two best QBs were out...F that!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I was yelling at the TV when that happened, when I say Brady get up and walking I was revealed.

My heart was pounding during that play, the way it looked, I though he would be done for sure.

Scary stuff. The fact that he dove at his knee and did not get penalized is ridiculous.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanWilmingtonDE. Show PatsFanWilmingtonDE's posts

@BSII

Please. Do you consider Matt Ryan and Mark Herzlich typical BC thugs, too? I held my breath like everyone else watching the game, but Garay's hit, which I'm still not sure was intentional, has absolutely nothing do with the school.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

intentional or not.......consequence needs to happen........

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

as dirty a play as it gets. players who attempt to intentionally injure should be brought infront of committee and determine if they should be kicked out of the league.  im not talking about bordlerine stuff. im talking about diving like this.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well . . .  we had this discussion yesterday . . .  but when your guy is flagged for making a textbook, fundamentally-sound tackle that avoids all the "emphasized" areas, and then their guy takes an obvious shot at the knee -- a specifically prohibited behavior -- and the zebras completely ignore it, it's got to make you wonder who is giving these officials their marching orders.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Same old, in the National Felon's League.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

You're supposed to stay away from the QB's head and knees. Whether you like it or not, those are the rules. In a QB driven-league those rules actually make sense. Garay went for Brady's knees and he wasn't blocked there. He should have been flagged and he should be fined heavily. For repeat offenders, they should be suspended.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

agreed bad play all around... and worse officiating...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I wonder if the NFL will avoid a fine in this case so as to avoid the absurdity of fining for a play that wasn't even flagged in the game (though it clearly should have been). Imagine if Brady had re-injured his knee and Baray had grossly violated the rules and still no flag! Bizarre.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Pats DL did same to Rivers.  Posted by CharlestonDude

You're mistaken Doody ...sadly mistaken

Sections
Shortcuts