Chargers A Better Test For Our D Vs. Ravens?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Chargers A Better Test For Our D Vs. Ravens?

The Ravens are a better overall team vs. Chargers, but Ravens aren't quite an offensive juggernaut.  Chargers can put up plenty of points. Will they actually be a better test for our D vs. Ravens?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

Re: Chargers A Better Test Four Our D Vs. Ravens?

In Response to Chargers A Better Test Four Our D Vs. Ravens?:
    [QUOTE]The Ravens are a better overall team vs. Chargers, but Ravens aren't quite an offensive juggernaut.  Chargers can put up plenty of points. Will they actually be a better test for our D vs. Ravens?
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

The only thing that the Chargers have that is better than SD is the QB and TE....The TE (Gates) hurt his ankle last weekend, not sure on his status.  But even with a healthy Gates, Baltimore has a better Offense than SD.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ac3boogi3. Show Ac3boogi3's posts

yah im sure Ravens have more weapons on offense then the chargers do, Gates is hurt, im sure he'll play but wont be as effective and as we know jackson isnt playing, rookie mathews is out, whats left?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Chargers A Better Test Four Our D Vs. Ravens?:
    [QUOTE]The Ravens are a better overall team vs. Chargers, but Ravens aren't quite an offensive juggernaut.  Chargers can put up plenty of points. Will they actually be a better test for our D vs. Ravens?
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

I think this will be a decent test. This is one of those prototypical trap games.The Chargers are Subpar thus far this year and we have a Young team traveling across country and coming off a huge win. Although I think the Pats should win this week I won't be backing it up with any Greenbacks.
    I don't have as much respect for Flacco as I do for Rivers but I think we will beat the Chargers down in other areas like Special teams and the Chargers defense doesn't scare me like it did 5 or 6 years ago.
    This should be another good win if we can pull it off.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

In Response to Re: Chargers A Better Test Four Our D Vs. Ravens?:
    [QUOTE]yah im sure Ravens have more weapons on offense then the chargers do, Gates is hurt, im sure he'll play but wont be as effective and as we know jackson isnt playing, rookie mathews is out, whats left?
    Posted by Ac3boogi3[/QUOTE]

Mathews is playing.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Looks like 6ft5 Malcolm Floyd will be out(220 yrds and a td 2 weeks ago) BB will game plan to take away Gates and see if Rivers can beat us with a bunch of deep balls. I think we will have plenty of opportunity for INT's. Being on the road is the scariest thing about next Sunday. Can the young D string together a few solid defensive efforts? I think they can and will!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]Looks like 6ft5 Malcolm Floyd will be out(220 yrds and a td 2 weeks ago) BB will game plan to take away Gates and see if Rivers can beat us with a bunch of deep balls. I think we will have plenty of opportunity for INT's. Being on the road is the scariest thing about next Sunday. Can the young D string together a few solid defensive efforts? I think they can and will!
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Good point Champ, I didn't know Floyd was out. And you're right about Gates.Tight Ends always seem to give us the most trouble. They oughta just stick Meriweather on Gates and sharpen his helmet.Foot in mouth

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

San Dago has been piling up yardage fit to beat the band, and coming away with little to show for it. They've played far better at home than they have on the road (who doesn't?) and would seem to be due for a game in which they do not continually shoot themselves in the foot. Once again, the Chargers appear to simply lack finishing skill -- which is hardly a new experience for them. Much like the Cowboys in the other conference, San Dago reminds me of the guy banging his head against the wall who tells you, when you ask him why, "Because it feels so good when I stop." I expect a shootout well into the 30s, in which the Pats should prevail if they can win the turnover battle and save Gostkowski's leg for kickoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

To put it more succinctly, our D would have a tough time against SD if Floyd, Gates and Mathews were playing. Funny thing about SD is they have a tendency to self-destruct. That has to be a factor, now whether they do it on O, D, or special teams remains to be seen. They are also aware that this game is as close to a must win as can be this early in the season. I originally thought the AFC West was the Bolts division to lose, but now I am not so certain. They have become a team who needs to stay close to injury-free to remain competive.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

The Chargers might be missing Malcolm Floyd and Vincent Jackson, but Buster Davis and Legedu Naanee aren't shabby players either. Mike Tolbert is literally a bowling ball when he runs. Ryan Matthews and Darren Sproles are both threats to move the chains. Stopping the Chargers run game is going to be tougher on the Patriots than the Baltimore Ravens run game was. That's my projection. Antonio Gates is a beast, regardless of the toe injury. If he plays, he makes the matchup even tougher on the Patriots. I say the Patriots defense has some struggles throughout, but Philip Rivers commits a couple of turnovers before the end of the game and the Pats offense is able to accumulate first downs when they need them most. I wouldn't be surprised if Tom throws an interception or two, but I don't think they'd be the type of game-altering turnovers that mean much to the overall outcome of the game. I expect at least one electrifying return by the Patriots special teams unit. Keep track of special teams this week.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

The early line on Floyd is his hammy will keep him out but not for sure. Gates has had a toe problem for most of his career and he seems to do fine with it. Mike Tolbert only got 3 or 4 carries as the Chargers are desperate to get Ryan Mathews going(seeing as how they moved up 20 spots for him in the 1st). I disagree with the notion that the Chargers run game will be a tougher battle then the Ravens. i think they are on 2 different planes with the Ravens being one of the better units in the league. Rivers has a great deep ball but his mid field accuracy is a little questionable. He also doesn't have the offensive personnel to catch balls in the middle of the field(other then Gates obviously). They are a One trick pony and teams have figured it out. Play back and watch Rivers force the deep ball. he might rack up a lot of yards on a few bombs here and there but he will also put the ball up for grabs and be vulnerable to a Chung safety blitz missile.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I don't think so. I think if Gates and Floyd are hurt, SD Is in for a world of hurt.

If they play and can be effective, yes, it presents a similar challenge.

One thing I do know is, SD's D is nowhere near what it was a few yeara ago.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

The D won that game. Won the game.   O'Brien still wanted to go to the spread too early!

He got it right in the second half, but that was close.

The D won it and the offense finished it, thankfully.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I say this all the time...  A football game will be played in San Diego this Sunday, one team will win and one team will lose. I hate predictions.  We don't watch the game because its predictable. There's no excitement in that, we watch because it isn't.   However, the team that is better prepared and can make the necessary adjustments is usually the winner.  Coaching wins this game.  Who's your money going to be on?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]

Every time I have heard that Gates has an ankle injury, he seems to put up a monster game. Maybe it's his intensity, maybe it's cortisone. Either way, expect him to be his usual beastly self.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Consdiering NE always gameplans for Gates very well when he's healthy, I expect his serious nagging injury to be a problem in terms of his effectiveness.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

The Ravens play in a better division than the Chargers so there is no comparison. Rivers may be tops in passing yards but the stat is meaningless when you look at their record. Besides 900 out of his 2000 passing yards were put up against Seattle and Oakland and they lost both of those games.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Rivers is overrated. His lead his team to two wins and look at their schedule so far.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Chargers A Better Test Four Our D Vs. Ravens? : The only thing that the Chargers have that is better than SD is the QB and TE....The TE (Gates) hurt his ankle last weekend, not sure on his status.  But even with a healthy Gates, Baltimore has a better Offense than SD.
    Posted by m1024us[/QUOTE]
    "I don't care who you are, dat rat der, is pretty dag gum funny"

-Larry the Cable guy

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Village,
    Gates is hurt but will still play, 95%
    Floyd is a 50/50 shot
    Mathews is finally healthy, thus Tolbert's decrease in carries.
    The Chargers young guys have been blowing it, its not the vets.
    Y'all saw Bradford in preseason light up your Pats, no? He looked very consistent against us as well. He was 15 of 22 for 189 in a half against your boys.
    82-23 score at the Q this year. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Yeah, I am not buying this juggernaut comment. 

If they had a great run game, better O Line, V Jack was there and had a better red zone offense by losing to Oakland, Seattle, St. Louis, etc, maybe I'd agree.

Rivers hits Gates and Floyd in zones and does a good job with that, but it's a one dimensional offense with Jackson there.

I think all their team stats are skewed because of their weak schedule.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chargers A Better Test Four Our D Vs. Ravens? : Sure helps when you play the garbage that is Jacksonville & Arizona.  By the way dude give it up, the Larry the Cable Guy line.  You do realize Baltimore is 4-2 with a tough schedule, meanwhile San Diego is 2-4 playing the likes of Seattle, Oakland, KC, Jax, Stl and Ari.  Please.. They may end up better as the year goes on but right now Baltimore is way ahead.  All that matters is points.  Who cares if they put up a bunch of yards, still a loss, my friend.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

With this post you just put your Pats in the same category as CLE.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

O'Brien is the man.  His play calling is awesome.  Stop criticizing him.

Sections
Shortcuts