Chargers A Better Test For Our D Vs. Ravens?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: Chargers A Better Test Four Our D Vs. Ravens?

San Diego made the St. Louis Rams look like a hot team.  SD had scored 10 points and were 10 points behind with 3:56 in the game when SD got the ball back.  Being two scores down, Phil Rivers rolled the dice and rolled a seven, threw like crazy and scored a touchdown.  Then St. Louis sat on the ball and ended that game.

San Diego's last six opponents have been Kansas City (a respectable 8.7 rating out of 16), Jacksonville (a horrid 4.3), Seattle (6.6), Arizona (a horrid 4.7), Oakland (a horrid 4.5) and St. Louis (5.4, hey, they beat the Chargers, didn't they?).  San Diego's record is 2-4 on the NFL's easiest bunny trail that I've seen in years, with a current losing streak of 2.  I give Carmen credit for royally beating up on two of the bunnies, but Sandiego is in no way Baltimore.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

I'd like to take this time to express how greatful I am that Phillip Rivers is not the Patriots Quarterback.  Ah, thank you.  With that said, I really need to stop looking at the Raiders as THE team that won't win as long as they are run as they are.  SD should be on that list, too.  Hey, don't like your coach - who is simply bringing it all together for your team.  Can'm.  It's the players, not the coach.  (we are all the good players?)  OOps, the window is CLOSING, and you didn't even win once.  (That, "you didn't even win once," was for Colts fans.)  And Jets fans, just b/c you picked up a running back after the Chargers decided he was done, doesn't mean you have something there.  Just look at Michael Turner, Rodney Harrison, Junior, Drew Brees - ah, wait a minute - today's the deadline, who else is SD done with?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In Response to Re: Chargers A Better Test Four Our D Vs. Ravens?:
    [QUOTE]I'd like to take this time to express how greatful I am that Phillip Rivers is not the Patriots Quarterback.  Ah, thank you.  With that said, I really need to stop looking at the Raiders as THE team that won't win as long as they are run as they are.  SD should be on that list, too.  Hey, don't like your coach - who is simply bringing it all together for your team.  Can'm.  It's the players, not the coach.  (we are all the good players?)  OOps, the window is CLOSING, and you didn't even win once.  (That, "you didn't even win once," was for Colts fans.)  And Jets fans, just b/c you picked up a running back after the Chargers decided he was done, doesn't mean you have something there.  Just look at Michael Turner, Rodney Harrison, Junior, Drew Brees - ah, wait a minute - today's the deadline, who else is SD done with?
    Posted by lightningbrain[/QUOTE]

Historical note:  The Chargers found their current coach, Norv, because he was formerly the head coach of the Oakland Raiders.  With credentials like that, how could the Chargers possibly pass on him?  I have been gooseing Sandy Eggo ever since.

The Great Zamboni predicts that next, San Diego will hire Eric Mangini as head coach.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]O'Brien is the man.  His play calling is awesome.  Stop criticizing him.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

I just swallowed my gum.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

It defininately gets easier if Gates is out or playing at less than 100%.The backup WR'sDavis and Naanee(spelling?) are solid but hardly in the class with Jackson and Floyd.It is likely that the Keys to Pats defense is to take away the run and frankly,I thought their O.L. would be better than they heave shown.Overall,the key to any game against a struggling team and one whose confidence is fragile is to get on them early by 10+ points.When that happens,confidence fades,hesitation set in and at that point,the game is effectively over,assuming your own blunders let them believe that they could actually win the game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

[QUOTE]I 
    However, the team that is better prepared and can make the necessary adjustments is usually the winner.  Coaching wins this game.  Who's your money going to be on?
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

The Bolts ensured a slow spiral back into mediocrity when they named Norv Turner HC, IMO. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chargers A Better Test Four Our D Vs. Ravens? : I just swallowed my gum.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]
    do you need the heimlich maneuver?  O'brien might have improved a little...still needs improvement.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEPfan4life. Show NEPfan4life's posts

Re: Chargers A Better Test For Our D Vs. Ravens?

Come on the RAMS beat them in defense and Rivers look so lost.  With Gates out, I hope TB can ran up the score and cruise in the 4th qtr.  should be an interesting game with Junior Seau cheering in the Patriots side. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Matthews fumbles a lot, I know hes on my fantasy team. Watch the defense go after the ball when he's running.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Chargers A Better Test For Our D Vs. Ravens?:
    [QUOTE]Matthews fumbles a lot, I know hes on my fantasy team. Watch the defense go after the ball when he's running.
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

I suffer from the same affliction. I took Mathews with my 3rd pick, over Miles Austin??? Whoops. He will be on the rise after this week though....I hope

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]Rivers is overrated. His lead his team to two wins and look at their schedule so far.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Overrated is a little aggressive.  He is a Top 5 QB.  His team has not played stellar by any means and he is much more agressive at QB than Flacco, and you have to give him credit when his apparent number 1 is staying away from the team and they were rated number 1 in offense.  I do think SD will give our D more fits than Baltimore for 1. it's away (how will our D react on the road to an agressive QB), 2. SD know's they need to win this game to turn the season around after two dismal games.

By the way, glad to see you back Russ

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

The Patriots only put up 10 points last week in the first 3 quarters against the Ravens. But the Ravens may have the best defense in the NFL, so I don't see that happening this week. On the other hand the Chargers have one of the best offenses in the NFL albeit against the lesser competition of the AFC West. Off of last week (especially 2nd half & OT) I'd say our defense is gelling, so maybe this will come down to special teams and I'm thinking that that is where we'll come up big again. ZOLTAN IS THE MAN!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chargers A Better Test Four Our D Vs. Ravens? : Overrated is a little aggressive.  He is a Top 5 QB.  His team has not played stellar by any means and he is much more agressive at QB than Flacco, and you have to give him credit when his apparent number 1 is staying away from the team and they were rated number 1 in offense.  I do think SD will give our D more fits than Baltimore for 1. it's away (how will our D react on the road to an agressive QB), 2. SD know's they need to win this game to turn the season around after two dismal games. Laughing
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

The Patriots always seem to keep things interesting...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chargers A Better Test Four Our D Vs. Ravens? : The Patriots always seem to keep things interesting...
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

Where did that happy face come from????? was that form my post.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chargers A Better Test Four Our D Vs. Ravens? : Where did that happy face come from????? was that form my post.
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

I prolly inserted by mistake?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Gates didn't practice again on Thursday....It's not looking good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Gates just said his streak is on the line so he has to play... I think they are playing games, and BB will have our safeties ready to go. 

Sections
Shortcuts