Chargers player fined 15,000 for hit on Brady's knee

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Chargers player fined 15,000 for hit on Brady's knee

But where was the 15 yard penalty during the game?

I am still confused by this rule.

It was supposed to be put in place because of Brady and is called the Brady Rule, but outside that Whiff by Terrel Suggs a couple years back he hasnt gotten any flags for hits to his knees.  They flag for Terrel for coming close to him

Last week I saw a few flags thrown for this but none were as bad as the hit Brady took!

So are the refs looking the other way when it comes to Brady to make a point that he isnt gettin special treatment?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

Re: Chargers player fined 15,000 for hit on Brady's knee

Maybe the league  could take that 15,000 and give it to a charity of andre carters choice to make amends for the bogus roughing the passer call on him

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I think they just missed the call, which is stupid because its their job not to miss these sort of things, what can you do?

It was blatantly obvious so honestly, I have no idea how they missed that call. In hindsight, I'm just glad Brady was ok after that hit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

I think its just one of the many infractions that the refs miss every game. The league office only gets involved when its  an illegal hit, like this one. There were several illegal hits that were fined last year, that were not called during the game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Its the Carson Palmer Rule. Why does everyone forget this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carson_Palmer#2005_season

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Yeah. There was actually another play where a CB, I believe, came in and dove at the knee too.

I think the Garay play was obvious though. Hopefully the NFL can at least be consistent. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

It's the Goodell grab bag. Sometimes it works in your favor and other times it doesn't. Is Zoltan healthy ? I haven't seen the report.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

I think the rule has changed the way defesne attack the QB...it used to be SOP to roll into them if you got cut blocked...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Chargers player fined 15,000 for hit on Brady's knee:
    [QUOTE]But where was the 15 yard penalty during the game? I am still confused by this rule. It was supposed to be put in place because of Brady and is called the Brady Rule, but outside that Whiff by Terrel Suggs a couple years back he hasnt gotten any flags for hits to his knees.  They flag for Terrel for coming close to him Last week I saw a few flags thrown for this but none were as bad as the hit Brady took! So are the refs looking the other way when it comes to Brady to make a point that he isnt gettin special treatment?
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]first of its called the CARSON PALMER RULE as brady made clear on eei on monday. the brady rule is the little incident versus oakland that started the dynasty.. remember that one? something about a tuck...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Hard to believe they didn't call a penalty. Officiating has been terrible so far thks season.