Chargers Release WR Robert Meachem

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Chargers Release WR Robert Meachem

He's not a Patriot, and he wasn't a Patriot when this happened.  Why is there a thread about him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

He must be totally washed up for the Chargers to take that kind of a cap hit to cut him.

"I swear it upon Zues the most exceptional runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler"  Socrates

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

He's not a Patriot, and he wasn't a Patriot when this happened.  Why is there a thread about him?

Still obsessed Bearish one?

LOOKOUT RUSTYYYYYYYYYYYYY

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Meachem was a one trick pony with the Saints, and that he couldn't stick with the Chargers with all of their WR injuries..the job was handed to him...JAG WR..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

I believe this was a Saints WR Prolate was drooling over a year ago when whining about Brady having one hand tied behind his back for personnel here. No lie. That's how he framed it, saying Brees had more to work with than Brady. 

5 million dollar hit for the Chargers in 2013. Ouch. With Robert Royal also done, that has to hurt.  They best hope Malcolm Floyd's injury doesn't hamper him in 2013.

can you make a post about a player or news item without making it personal?  jesus eph ing christ, man

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to fatsam72's comment:

[QUOTE]

I believe this was a Saints WR Prolate was drooling over a year ago when whining about Brady having one hand tied behind his back for personnel here. No lie. That's how he framed it, saying Brees had more to work with than Brady. 

5 million dollar hit for the Chargers in 2013. Ouch. With Robert Royal also done, that has to hurt.  They best hope Malcolm Floyd's injury doesn't hamper him in 2013.

can you make a post about a player or news item without making it personal?  jesus eph ing christ, man

[/QUOTE]

amen

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Yes, Rusty, in 2011 Brees had 7 targets who were good, on average, for at least two receptions a game (meachem was one of those seven).  Brady had only four such receivers.  It was part of my whole argument that the Pats needed more diverse recievers.  Does anyone seriously question that argument now? You hated it back then too, but as usual, I was right and you were wrong.

Now go back to telling us how Brady is the sole problem with the team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

You do know that in 2011 the Saints threw more times than the Pats did and ran less? In fact, despite what you say above, the Saints actually did throw 60% of the time in 2011. 

Also, my 7 vs 4 comparison included all guys with receptions on both teams, regardless of position.  Danny Woodhead was receiver number 5 on the Pats in 2011, with just 18 receptions.  After him, you had a washed up Ocho with 15. 

And as far as TEs go, Jimmy Graham (who was the Saints leading receiver in 2011) is a pretty good TE too (he had more receptions than Gronk that year). I'd say Darren Sproles (third leading receiver with 86 receptions) was a heck of a lot better than Danny Woodhead.  And then there were guys like Colston (second leading receiver with 80), Moore, Meachem, and Henderson--all of whom were more productive than any of our WRs except Welker.  The Pats basically had three guys that year: Welker, Hern, and Gronk, all of them short middle of the field guys.  The geriatric Branch managed 51 catches, then the gaping black hole of no targets began. 

Par for the course this week, you are completely wrong. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Yes, Rusty, in 2011 Brees had 7 targets who were good, on average, for at least two receptions a game (meachem was one of those seven).  Brady had only four such receivers.  It was part of my whole argument that the Pats needed more diverse recievers.  Does anyone seriously question that argument now? You hated it back then too, but as usual, I was right and you were wrong.

Now go back to telling us how Brady is the sole problem with the team.

1. Brees didn't ignore Meachem like Brady did Ocho.

2. Hernandez was used more as a WR than a TE.

We also use RBs as pass receivers like a Vereen.

The fact of the matter is, Brees doesn't stand in a shotgun for 90% of his pass attempts, throw 60+% of the time and ignore other elements of the game.

Our TEs in 2011 and those targets blew away anything Brees had at TE in 2011.

So, don't cherrypick.  It's targets, not speficially WR or TE.

Brady pouting or you pouting that he got a Cadillac for XMas instead of a Mercedes is pathetic and a desperate attempt to deflect from what the real problem is. And, it ain't talent around Brady in recent years.

You literally said "it's like he's been relegated to having one hand tied behind his back".

99% of NFL fanbases would think you are a LUNATIC stating that.  Fans drooled over the 3 headed monster of Gronk, Welker and Hern. These aren't "versatile"?

Gee, Branch was always considered "verstaile" before, why not in 2011?

Ochocinco had no issues being "versatile" in Cincy before coming here? What happened?

I'll give ya a hint: BB sat down with Tommy Boy this offseason and said "we're making some changes".

Welker was one.

This is about chaning Brady and how he works the field. You have fans on here babbling about he's being treated unfairly like little girls, but this is by design. BB  gave Brady all kinds of talent so he could complete easy passses to the EASIEST parts of the field.

Brady failed with what he wanted. 

Yep, Ochio and Branch were awesome in 2011, it was just Brady that sucked.  

I just don't know what this board would do without this information.

[/QUOTE]

I love the part about Belichick making it "easy" for Brady by giving him short field targets then taking those targets away when Brady uses them.  Rusty is really quite entertaining. He defines  comedy of the absurd . . . 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

back with Saints!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Who is Robert Meachem? 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

[QUOTE]

Who is Robert Meachem? 

One of Prolate's favorite WRs. A real impact WR which allowed Brees to play with two hands, instead of one.

[/QUOTE]

No, I just thought he was better in 2011 than your favourite receiver, Chad Ochocinco.  

Meachem was Brees's sixth most productive target, with 40 receptions.  Your guy, Ocho, was Brady's sixth most productive target with only 15 catches.  More evidence that I was right all along that Brady needed better targets. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

no he can't.  Everyone else's posts are either perceived slights to him or the pats.  Russ is as paranoid as Nixon.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

no he can't.  Everyone else's posts are either perceived slights to him or the pats.  Russ is as paranoid as Nixon.

[/QUOTE]

UD...you are a fool as well as a TROLL....fatsam is PhatRex/Bustchise/Bungaloo Bill and many other moronic handles...you are as much a fool as he...congratulations...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

[/QUOTE]

UD...you are a fool as well as a TROLL....fatsam is PhatRex/Bustchise/Bungaloo Bill and many other moronic handles...you are as much a fool as he...congratulations...

[/QUOTE]

seriously?  what's in the water lately?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Brees did not ignore Robert Meachem, relied on a run game and also was under Center more. Brady has this nasty habit of forming this club, where you're in it or out of it and that started in 2007. We were in an AFC title game with Reche Caldwell in 2006. Case closed there.

Sometimes, you actually have relevant points, but one thing I never understand about you logic is this, if Brady is part of the problem or a reason why this team has not won a Super Bowl since 2004 despite consitently being one of the top teams in the NFL, shouldn't the coach/GM do something about that? Ultimately, the buck stops with BB on this team.

Even if we accept the premise that the team runs a flawed offense (too much shotgun) to appease Brady, or that Brady does not do enough to incorporate new players into the offense (Ochocinco/Llyod). Ultimately, BB needs to step in a do something about that. 

Sections
Shortcuts