Chargers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

Chargers

They have to be the biggest fraud team of the decade....They always find a way to s-crew things up. Worst kicker ever in big games. Stupid penalties!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: Chargers

I don't agree with the penalties bit - I thought the refs overall were overzealous with the flags and I thought it destroyed the entire first half of play for both teams from the standpoint of flow.

The Chargers' kicker is a choke artist, though.  This is the third playoff game he's cost them (Jets in '05, Patriots in '06, and today).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I guess the Chargers trolls can all start making plans to watch the pro-bowl AGAIN.

At least they won't be on this board blithering about Phllip Rivers for about 5 months anyhow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseball-lifer. Show baseball-lifer's posts

The Chargers choked again, at home. Go Saints!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Man, I'm shocked...the Chargers choked in the Playoffs! No really...I didn't see that coming.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

The Chargers should be lined up and flogged ( of course, we shouldn't exactly be given cookies and patted on the head ). Where was Sproles? I thought he was "unstoppable". Most NFL coaches remind me of our military policy. Just keep doing the same thing over and over even if the only thing it accomplishes is making lots of money for someone. Is it September yet?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

The Chargers always seem to be SB favorites every year and they are the biggest chokers every year.  Having all that talent and not being able to win it all.  Tough pill to swallow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Phil Rivers is over-rated. I've been feeling it all year and felt vindicated yesterday.  I think he is good QB, but I don't think he is a top 5 NFL qb, like I hear from all the talking heads.  He benefits greatly from throwing to a bunch of 6'5 targets.  That jump ball he threw to Jackson that Revis picked is a perfect example of why I think he is over-rated.  In general, that is a terrible throw but he has the 'jump ball' potential all over the field.  Wow, the Chargers win a division against OAK, KC, and DEN every year, how impressive.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Capsule San Dago moment:

They pick up a desperately-needed first down on an incredible sideline catch-and-tapdance. That Fat Guy throws the challenge flag, for obvious reasons, and one of the idiot Bolts kicks it. Bing -- unsportsmanlike conduct. Yes, San Dago got the call, the first down, and eventually, a touchdown, but that is not the point.

You can blame the kicker or the quarterback or the coach (they all deserve their share), but ultimately what's wrong with the Bolts is encapsualted in that single act of immature idiocy. As a team they have no concept of what it is to face adversity. They expect to win -- which is good -- but when the best laid plans of mice and Norv fail (as they are wont to do), the Bolts tend to react the way your older brother reacted when you finally beat him at ping pong (or . . .  you know . . .  whatever). They believe too much in their own hype and they have nothing to fall back on when image turns out not to be everything (sorry, Andre).

I wanted San Dago to beat Green New Jersey, as I believed (and still do) that the Bolts had a better shot of taking out Indy, but I was not a bit surprised when all the little things started to go wrong, and the Bolts had no answers.

Not surprised a bit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveNorthShore. Show DaveNorthShore's posts

That's why if the Pats had beaten the Ravens they probably would have been able to beat the choke artist Chargers and would have set up a Pats-Indy rematch (if the Jets hadn't beaten Indy first)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Chargers before and after the jet game.

Sections
Shortcuts