Charlie Weis' Future in New England

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Charlie Weis' Future in New England

I hate college football but I keep up with the happenings from Notre Dame just because I'm eager to see if a) they dump Charlie and b) if so, does he come back to New England.

They'll take a huge financial hit (not sure of the exact figure but it was $10+ million, I believe) by firing him before his contract expires. Even if he beats some of the lowly teams on their schedule, I'm not sure if they'll be impressed as they expect Notre Dame to compete for national championships.

With that in mind, do you think they'll dump him? If yes, what are the chances he comes back to New England?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: Charlie Weis' Future in New England

I wouldn't count on count on the return to NE.  Charlie has moved on regardless of his status at ND.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WarriorAssassin. Show WarriorAssassin's posts

Probably as much of a chance as Romeo Crennel coming back to coach the defense. I just don't see it happening. Then again. Anything is possible.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I hope so.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I think Crennel still has a chance to catch on as a coach of a mid-major college program as a springboard to work his way back to an NFL head coaching opportunity.

With Weis, though, I think his best chance at getting another job is to come back as an offensive coordinator.  I don't think he'll get a job anywhere else.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

I almost posted something like this yesterday. Let's take conjecture one step deeper. We don't have an OC this year. I don't remember that ever happening before. Did we not hire one because Bill would like him back and they have already discussed this possibility? I know this idea is far fetched, but just a thought.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Charlie Weis' Future in New England:
    [QUOTE]I almost posted something like this yesterday. Let's take conjecture one step deeper. We don't have an OC this year. I don't remember that ever happening before. Did we not hire one because Bill would like him back and they have already discussed this possibility? I know this idea is far fetched, but just a thought.
    Posted by ricky1554atl[/QUOTE]

Knowing Bill (at least through the media), I would doubt that he'd "reserve" a spot for a possibility in the future. He seems to be a very "let's focus on NOW" guy so I wouldn't see him thinking that far ahead. I think his reasoning for not having an offensive coordinator is because it seems like he's always developed from within instead of going out and getting big names. The thing with Weis is that he's already familiar with the system.

I was at the Patriots/Dolphins game and from the third row, I saw Bill always huddling with the defense while the offense is on the field. Conversely, I never saw that much with the offense. I think we need a O.C. like Charlie who's going to call an aggressive game on offense and really mix things up. Right now, our offense seems to have these spurts where we're really on and then we just relent and play to NOT lose instead of playing to win. I never saw that with Charlie in New England...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Charlie Weis' Future in New England : Knowing Bill (at least through the media), I would doubt that he'd "reserve" a spot for a possibility in the future. He seems to be a very "let's focus on NOW" guy so I wouldn't see him thinking that far ahead. I think his reasoning for not having an offensive coordinator is because it seems like he's always developed from within instead of going out and getting big names. The thing with Weis is that he's already familiar with the system. I was at the Patriots/Dolphins game and from the third row, I saw Bill always huddling with the defense while the offense is on the field. Conversely, I never saw that much with the offense. I think we need a O.C. like Charlie who's going to call an aggressive game on offense and really mix things up. Right now, our offense seems to have these spurts where we're really on and then we just relent and play to NOT lose instead of playing to win. I never saw that with Charlie in New England...
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

Well, like I said, it's a far fetched idea. It just seems strange not to have an OC, and with the departure of Josh, the axe looming over Charlies' head, I wouldn't put it past Bill to be thinking a year in advance. Kinda of a "let's wait and see" type of thing in case O'Brien isn't working out and Charlies' out of a job.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Weis has lost his mojo.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]I almost posted something like this yesterday. Let's take conjecture one step deeper. We don't have an OC this year. I don't remember that ever happening before. Did we not hire one because Bill would like him back and they have already discussed this possibility? I know this idea is far fetched, but just a thought.
    Posted by ricky1554atl[/QUOTE]

I thought there was no OC in 2005.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"Let's take conjecture one step deeper. We don't have an OC this year. I don't remember that ever happening before. Did we not hire one because Bill would like him back and they have already discussed this possibility?"

Ricky,

Either you have a short memory or don't follow the team that closely.  McDaniels took the same exact path to OC as O'Brien is currently on.  He was named QB coach first (with play calling responsibility) and was given the OC title the next year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Let's pray...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]Weis has lost his mojo.
    Posted by MarcW1[/QUOTE]

I agree

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

[QUOTE]"Let's take conjecture one step deeper. We don't have an OC this year. I don't remember that ever happening before. Did we not hire one because Bill would like him back and they have already discussed this possibility?"   Ricky, Either you have a short memory or don't follow the team that closely.  McDaniels took the same exact path to OC as O'Brien is currently on.  He was named QB coach first (with play calling responsibility) and was given the OC title the next year.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

Yea, Enoch and you are right. There was no OC in 05. You know what they say...short term memory goes first.!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]Weis has lost his mojo.
    Posted by MarcW1[/QUOTE]

I don't think it was so much that he lost his mojo -- I think his mojo and Ty Wilingham's mojo got sort of . . .   cross-mojonated.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZekeMowattreturns. Show ZekeMowattreturns's posts

Tom Brady is his own OC.

Sections
Shortcuts