Charting negative running plays....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Charting negative running plays....

I am starting to see a pattern emerge of abandoning the run like we did in the OB era, and putting it all on tommy's shoulders. We need to come out against Jacksonville and POUND these guys into submission. Note that ridley has a negative play 9% of his touches, while BJGE had a negative play 6% of his touches....but that guy suks. Btw, Bolden is at a 14 % clip for negative plays.

Every week over the course of the regular season, we’ll present a list of the Patriots’ “offensive touches,” a running tally of which one of the offensive skill position players is getting the most looks. Like our weekly look at targets, it can occasionally be an inexact stat, but it remains a good barometer of how confident the coaches (and quarterback) are when it comes to the skill position players at their disposal. Fourteen games into the regular season, here’s a breakdown of the New England offense for 2012:

RB Stevan Ridley: 258 (252 rushes, 6 catches). 24 negative runs.
    RB Danny Woodhead: 103 (70 rushes, 33 catches). 2 negative runs, 2 negative receptions.

RB Shane Vereen: 62 (54 rushes, 8 catches). 3 negative run.

RB Brandon Bolden: 47 (45 rushes, 2 catches). 7 negative runs

And here is last years numbers

Every week over the course of the 2011 NFL season, we’ll present a list of the Patriots’ “offensive touches,” a running tally of which one of the offensive skill position players is getting the most looks. Like our weekly look at targets, it can occasionally be an inexact stat, but it remains a good barometer of how confident the coaches (and quarterback) are when it comes to the skill position players at their disposal. Fourteen games into the season, here’s a breakdown of the New England offense for 2011:

BenJarvus Green-Ellis: 179 (171 carries, eight receptions) nine touchdowns — 11 negative plays
    Wes Welker: 107 (3 carries, 104 receptions) nine touchdowns — two negative plays
    Danny Woodhead: 88 (72 carries, 16 receptions) one touchdown — two negative plays
    Rob Gronkowski: 76 (1 carry, 75 receptions), 16 touchdowns — one negative play
    Aaron Hernandez: 70 (2 carries, 68 receptions), six touchdowns — two negative plays
    Stevan Ridley: 62 (59 carries, 3 receptions), one touchdown — six negative plays

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Charting negative running plays....

this seems more an indicater of the OL and the RB. These RB's dont free lance at all. They hit the planned hole, and if the hole is not there, there is a loss on the play

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

So you call me out for being negative towards a couple of players yet you start a negative  running play chart.  Do you see the irony Here?  So stop playing board Policeman it's Juvenal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

So you call me out for being negative towards a couple of players yet you start a negative  running play chart.  Do you see the irony Here?  So stop playing board Policeman it's Juvenal.

[/QUOTE]

I call you out because you blast good to great players like Welker, Mayo, McCourty, Spikes, Nink, The entire O-line, and now recently Ridley, and Vareen. They don't suk, your attitude suks.

I posted this chart from an article on Weei because it is a "fact" not an opinion of an A-hole with a warped perception of reality. Our ypc run average has been down quite a bit since the break, and it has a "negative" impact on the teams success. Luckily for us your piece of sht attitude only affects yourself.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I call you out because you blast good to great players like Welker, Mayo, McCourty, Spikes, Nink, The entire O-line, and now recently Ridley, and Vareen. They don't suk, your attitude suks.

I posted this chart from an article on Weei because it is a "fact" not an opinion of an A-hole with a warped perception of reality. Our ypc run average has been down quite a bit since the break, and it has a "negative" impact on the teams success. Luckily for us your piece of sht attitude only affects yourself.

[/QUOTE]

Well sometimes those players need to be called out for some of the dumb mistakes they make. Do you recall Mayo getting a rash of stupid penalties this eason? or how about Ridley and vereen fumbling recently?

The o-line did suffer a little in the first half the other nght. C'mon man. Sometimes you have to call the way you see it. They screw once and awhile, and it's cost us a win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Well, as a Pats fan I wish they played perfect football all the time.

I wish that:

the O-line made all their blocking assignments and never was penalized.

Brady never throws an int.

the running backs never fumble and always make positive gains

the defense stops every offense and creates a turnover every time they take the field.

Ofcourse we all know that is not realistic.  No team is perfect and there are some other good teams out there that are also trying to win too. Give them credit for making plays and sometimes just beating our team even if our team helps the cause by beating themselves.  

Unfortunately,  Brady throws ints sometimes but thankfully not many and the running backs run for negative yardage and fumble sometimes.  It happens in this game.  If the Pats played perfect all the time they would win all the time.  That's not going to happen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

This thread is stupid!! Everyone knows every single player on this team is great! Just damn great. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go crap a Patriot's helmet.

Signed,

Truechamp

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lets correct you here and now.  I've never said Ridley, Vereen or the O-Line sucks.  Your simply making it up.  I never said Welker sucks only his drop cost us the Super Bowl.  Get over yourself and grow up.  Your language and attacks are Juvenal and make you look silly.  I'm kinda embarrassed posting on a forum that allows runt's like you free rein to spew your hateful vomit.

We are all fans with different opinions, that's how the world works.  Oh.....by the way my piece of sht attitude got me a $15,000.00 bonus tonight.  I'll be thinking of you tomorrow when I'm depositing the $10,352.78 check into my account LOFL@U!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We need the running game and we need it from Ridley, our best back. I was upset that McDaniel kept bringing him back in the game after he clearly proved that he doesn't have the hands to run the ball rainy conditions, but I don't think we should dump him. 

Woodhead was smaller and harder for the 49ers to zero in on the ball for, also, the rain made it harder for them to grab him since that's how they usually tackle him. He had the hot hand last sunday, he deserved to carry the rock more than anyone. 

We need Ridley, he needs to get his confidence back and we need him for the playoffs. Bolden is Benny last season. He's a good back, but I'm not sure he's dynamic enough like Stevan. 

We're going to need Stevan if we want to win the SB. 

Sections
Shortcuts