Cheap/lousy draft picks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scootj. Show scootj's posts

Cheap/lousy draft picks

This loss is a combination of the core on defense leaving and The Pats being cheap. Every year they trade 1st and 2nd round picks for value in the later rounds. Problem is over last 5 years rarely have they hit on anything. Its time they use those 1st and 2nd round picks and get the BETTER player. Also should have resigned Asante we all know that b the Pats are too damn cheap. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Re: Cheap/lousy draft picks

Yes, definitely. Did you see the performance Samuel put on last night? Or in the Super Bowl. Wow, paying him $10 mil/year would have been a great idea.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

Our drafts are a little better than average, i guess.  In any case, in a league with a salary cap, it isn't a matter of cheap but of strategy.  If you overspend, you're very likely to be in trouble, but maybe we do trust our bargain basement instincts too much. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scootj. Show scootj's posts

Hey Seattle boy Asante made the Pro Bowl last year and I dont think last nights game was his fault alone clown.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

i don't know what you mean by cheap strategy. the pats payroll is near the limit allowed

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

I haven't been to impressed with resent drafts.

Meriwaether - I don't get the Hype but made Pro Bowl
    Maroney - Draft Bust
    Mayo - No show this year. unacceptable for a top 10 pick
    Wheatley - Bust
    Chung - Did nothing, not impressed.
    Butler - Did nothing, doesn't know how to turn his head.
    Brace - Failed miserably when given a chance.

SeaBass - A

2 out of 8 hits in resent drafts and that's with Meriweather who seems to Whiff on just about every tackle (his best game was against Jacksonville).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

I guess that's true about the signing bonuses, but maybe we don't want to be hampered by the guaranteed money--which wd also be part of the cap if we cut a player with a big signing bonus before the termination of his contract.  I don't know if this cheap or just another conservative strategy---i hope the latter, but it not, i am very  bothered  by the lack of spending. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I wouldn't give up on Darius Butler just yet... Rookie corners you have to cut some slack.  I do think Merriweather is a bit overrated

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

I'm waiting for the new draft picks thread.  After the draft is usually when fans start counting their wins; picking play-off positions based on players that might not even last long in the NFL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I think I'm with you scoot. I don't want to draft down and out anymore. I want to use the lower picks to move up but most importantly I want quality over quantity for a change. I don't know who the real junk on this team is but I'm sure Belichick does. Let's purge this team this year and bring in some fresh talent. Maybe we can get a couple of leaders Like Bruschi or harrison were.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Patriots trade down and select players who are not playmakers. Jets have the guts to trade up and select players like Revis. Jets have a better defense, better running backs, better offensive linemen.  They arent afraid to trade for B. Edwards midseason. Didnt they get him for a 3rd round pick?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

First: 11/28/2007
    Last: 1/10/2010
    Yes, definitely. Did you see the performance Samuel put on last night? Or in the Super Bowl. Wow, paying him $10 mil/year would have been a great idea.

Did you know they have spell check on here?

LOL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Wow, he made the Pro Bowl. That means more idiot fans voted for him than other players. Big deal.

There is a monumental difference between signing overpriced free agents and doing well in the draft.

How can anyone find fault with the draft this year?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plluto29. Show Plluto29's posts

In addition to identifying and selecting better players in the draft and free-agency, the Pats have to reevaluate read replace the O/D coordinators.  They are the worst.  Every team knows exactly what we are going to do nearly every play.  Totally unimaginative and incapable of making in-game adjustments to other team's adjustments.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryBallz. Show HarryBallz's posts

Vollmer is going to be really good, Pryor showed some good promise, Chung played special teams mostly butI saw him knock some opposing players on the cans, Butler I have mixed thoughts on, Brace showed nothing and Tate and McKenzie were hurt all year. 

Last year was Mayo and..........????  Willhite is a nickel back trying to play the 2nd corner spot and Wheatley cannot get on the field, Crable is a bust and O'Connell got himself run out of town. 

2006 got us Merriwether,  Welker and Moss and spare parts. 

2005 was Mankins and that's mostly it. 

No wonder BB is trading down trying to find players.  They got one good year out of Dillon in exchange for a #2, they whiffed on 2nd rounders in Chad Jackson and Bethell Johnson and they lost a #1 for BB's taping stupidity.   That's 4 players that should have been playing for them the past 2 years that are gone or never were.   Add in the busts from 2008 draft, the questionable picks from this last draft and you can see why this team is in decline.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

k-maxx,
    enlighten me as to how, Mayo leading the team in tackles despite missing three games is not showing up.  His 1.5 sacks and FF beat last years total as well.  How does that make him a bust.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

How are we spoiled brats?  The Super Bowls are in the past. Everything is about this year, not 2001-2005. Even Brady today said the fans were right to boo the team the whole game. He said he would have booed as well. To get crushed like that at home? How could one not complain after this? Just because they won Super Bowls 5-6 years ago doesnt mean we cant complain about this teams performance.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Uhh, Samuel is the reason we lost the SB. He dropped an INT and the next play, he quit, leading to Harrison trying to run up to cover Tyree. The Eagles can have that A-hole

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

posted at 1/10/2010 8:31 PM EST
    First: 6/10/2008
    Last: 1/10/2010
    k-maxx,
    enlighten me as to how, Mayo leading the team in tackles despite missing three games is not showing up.  His 1.5 sacks and FF beat last years total as well.  How does that make him a bust.

Titletown, I didn't call Mayo a bust (Maroney and Wheatley) but he grossly under performed this year.  He got thrown around like a rag doll all year and most of those tackles came 7 yards from the line of scrimmage. 

I like the kid and hope he rebounds next year and plays like a 10 ten pick.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Asante....talk about overrated. Could have continued to be a shut down corner if his head didn't get in the way. He thinks he's bigger than what he is. Yeah he made some plays......and for every play he made, he got burned on two others.

KMaxx - I guess you didn't watch the defense this year. Mayo played great especially considering that he didn't have much of a supporting LB cast and DL that couldn't get a pass rush. His job is to stuff the run. Period. He did that. He was consistently hustling sideline to sideline to make tackles. What are you looking for from an inside LB? 5 or 6 INT's, 10 sacks? Thats not his role.

Meriweather is not an elite safety yet, but he is definately in the B category and rising. He's still young in a starting role and should continue to improve to a class A safety. Butler shows a lot of promise.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Btafy looks more and more like Bledsoe every day....and BB like Raymond Berry.  Sorry just can't help it tonight.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

"Mayo was one of our best and most consistent defenders."

How do you quantify this statement?  The biggest Log in the Bowl is still considered $H!T.  Plus most people would say Wilfork was the best.  Can you name one big game changing play by Mayo this year?

"Meriweather at times looked brilliant."

He's also look horrible at times.  He's not my favorite and that's my opinion.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wendylee03. Show Wendylee03's posts

You get what you pay for. The past is the past and doesnt help them to win. Now every team that comes to play knows these are not the Pats of old and they can be beat and man handled.
    The writing is on the wall folks, Big Vin W. talking after the game, AD weeks ago, Bill B is losing respect from Teams, Fans and now his own Players. He is not doing good signing people or draft picking.
    Maybe this team needs a new head coach as well as players.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

I agree with Riceinthehall. This spread offense is for the birds. The Pats need to get back to power running and play action pass. Couple that with a solid defense and we will become competitive again.