Chester Taylor

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ieatrabbitsforlent. Show ieatrabbitsforlent's posts

Chester Taylor

I know I mentioned this in a previous post but wanted to see what people thought. Chester Taylor is a free agent next year and I think he would want to go to a team that doesn't have the best RB in the game ahead of him. I would love to see Taylor on the Pats for a reasonable price. Im not going to pretend like I know what he is worth on the free agent market or if we can afford him. But I like his versatility, ability to be affective catching the ball and YAC, and how he runs hard when given the chance. And I know he isnt very young and people want to draft a RB, but Taylor has a few good years left and could be good while a rookie learns the ropes. Whatta ya think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Chester Taylor

In Response to Chester Taylor:
    [QUOTE]I know I mentioned this in a previous post but wanted to see what people thought. Chester Taylor is a free agent next year and I think he would want to go to a team that doesn't have the best RB in the game ahead of him. I would love to see Taylor on the Pats for a reasonable price. Im not going to pretend like I know what he is worth on the free agent market or if we can afford him. But I like his versatility, ability to be affective catching the ball and YAC, and how he runs hard when given the chance. And I know he isnt very young and people want to draft a RB, but Taylor has a few good years left and could be good while a rookie learns the ropes. Whatta ya think?
    Posted by ieatrabbitsforlent[/QUOTE]

I'd say it depends what happens with Morris and Fred Taylor. We have a ton of good draft picks coming up and I say we use one on what we believe is a good running back. C.J. Spiller from Clemson is an excellent choice because he does everything but I don't know if he'll be available. Maroney is a bust and we need a future at that spot for as short a price as we can get. Rookie running backs generally don't have much of a learning curve when coming into the league so what you see early on is what you get.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

We need help thats obvious.Taylor,another free agent\ or a draft pick.We need help.Fred Taylor & Morris both injury prone.BB has no faith in "Dancin Law. Maroney"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Yeah why not, Although most of the successful backs lately have come out of the draft and produced immediately.  RB only have about a five year lifespan in the NFL and there are usually 4 or 5 good ones in the draft.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The bloom has kind of come off Taylor's rose out here on the prairie with the ascension of Adrian Peterson (that, and Taylor played a big part in blowing the Bitchburgh game), but he's a serviceable running back who does most things well, if nothing spectacularly. That said, I agree with the guy who thinks the Pats should go young at running back. What they've got is aging, ineffective or injury prone and while Taylor may have relatively low miles, running backs are not really at a premium -- particularly considering how the Pats use them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

i like chester taylor but he is now 4 years removed from his very good first season with the vikings... it isnt like michael turner emerging from LT's shadows. Taylor is near 30

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimNotJimmy. Show JimNotJimmy's posts

We'll think about him when it's time to think about him in the offseason. Right now we have the Jets to get prepared for.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

In Response to Re: Chester Taylor:
    [QUOTE]We'll think about him when it's time to think about him in the offseason. Right now we have the Jets to get prepared for.
    Posted by JimNotJimmy[/QUOTE]

Thanks Coach!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATMAN81. Show PATMAN81's posts

In Response to Re: Chester Taylor:
    [QUOTE]i like chester taylor but he is now 4 years removed from his very good first season with the vikings... it isnt like michael turner emerging from LT's shadows. Taylor is near 30
    Posted by rebels1520[/QUOTE]

It's all about ECONOMICS.  He's a more than serviceable back who's been underutilized.  Sure he's 30, but hasn't taken a beating of a typical 30 yr old running back.  With the possibility of an uncapped salary cap year looming, and having to resign VW, we have to review all options.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

In Response to Chester Taylor:
    [QUOTE]I know I mentioned this in a previous post but wanted to see what people thought. Chester Taylor is a free agent next year and I think he would want to go to a team that doesn't have the best RB in the game ahead of him. I would love to see Taylor on the Pats for a reasonable price. Im not going to pretend like I know what he is worth on the free agent market or if we can afford him. But I like his versatility, ability to be affective catching the ball and YAC, and how he runs hard when given the chance. And I know he isnt very young and people want to draft a RB, but Taylor has a few good years left and could be good while a rookie learns the ropes. Whatta ya think?
    Posted by ieatrabbitsforlent[/QUOTE]

I like Taylor.....Chester that is... he is good.

Sections
Shortcuts